Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The refugee crisis.  (Read 52025 times)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 13:59:48 »

I'm curious as to what usernames were being used that made that warning a necessity Cheesy

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Skinny Pete

« Reply #331 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 14:22:42 »

Actually, there isn't much arguing - what it is is difference of opinions and the problem is that some think their opinion is more valid or worthy than someone else's.

No one is wrong and no one is right. Take this thread - if someone says 'No, I don't want any more here' against someone who says 'Yes, we should take these people in' neither stance is right or wrong.

As long as things don't end up with personal abuse, there is no problem. Or, at least, there shouldn't be.

Forums, essentially, allow people to be arseholes.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 14:35:10 »

I'm more concerned by the banning of denier, It's cold out, I need my tights on!

Its OK, I was on about a 19th Century French coin.
Amir

« Reply #333 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 14:43:40 »

Actually, there isn't much arguing - what it is is difference of opinions and the problem is that some think their opinion is more valid or worthy than someone else's.

No one is wrong and no one is right. Take this thread - if someone says 'No, I don't want any more here' against someone who says 'Yes, we should take these people in' neither stance is right or wrong.

As long as things don't end up with personal abuse, there is no problem. Or, at least, there shouldn't be.

Forums, essentially, allow people to be arseholes.

I've read or posted on a few forums through the years, and the thing that seems to bring out the worst in people isn't football, or politics, or even religion........It's money. The abuse and threats on financial forums are unbelievable at times.

I'm sure others will have had much different experiences however.
Flashheart

« Reply #334 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 14:47:05 »

I'm active on theological debate groups and death threats are a common occurrence.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 14:50:13 »

I've read or posted on a few forums through the years, and the thing that seems to bring out the worst in people isn't football, or politics, or even religion........It's money. The abuse and threats on financial forums are unbelievable at times.

Yeah look at the pelters Batch has just given Ells on a numismatic trifle.
Amir

« Reply #336 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 14:54:25 »

Out of interest, do non-believers ever make death threats?
Flashheart

« Reply #337 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 15:02:06 »

Occasionally, yes. They can even go as far as to wish death upon all believers.

I prefer to 'play' with the atheists more so than theists. They tend not to expect to be challenged so much and become even more frustrated when challenged by another atheist, especially when their flawed logic is being called into question. I had an atheist threaten me with death once for pointing out the gaping holes in his arguments.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 15:19:03 »

Yeah look at the pelters Batch has just given Ells on a numismatic trifle.

Is that like a sherry trifle?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 15:36:45 »

Is that like a sherry trifle?

Nah, more like a Christmas pudding.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Thursday, September 24, 2015, 07:49:45 »

Financial Forums?

Bet they are a right laugh
Amir

« Reply #341 on: Thursday, September 24, 2015, 08:48:04 »

Financial Forums?

Bet they are a right laugh

Stock market forums, to be more correct.

I've realised since that post that it's the childishness that really gets me, although there are threats too. People are such babies when they're losing money.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 08:53:42 »

I suspect they do, the non-believers I know are considerably more obsessed with religion than any of the religious people I know!
Flashheart

« Reply #343 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 09:14:28 »

I suspect they do, the non-believers I know are considerably more obsessed with religion than any of the religious people I know!

Really? You must know a select few then because most atheists I know are apathetic to it all, and I know a lot of atheists. In fact, I debate the issue in specific debate rooms only because nobody else is interested. Plus, of the atheists that I do know that enjoy the debate, they too stick just to debating groups because the people in their lives are also not fussed. Not back home in the UK nor here in Thailand..... they just don't care.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 09:30:41 »

Really? You must know a select few then because most atheists I know are apathetic to it all, and I know a lot of atheists. In fact, I debate the issue in specific debate rooms only because nobody else is interested. Plus, of the atheists that I do know that enjoy the debate, they too stick just to debating groups because the people in their lives are also not fussed. Not back home in the UK nor here in Thailand..... they just don't care.

I know its weird...

I am at best Agnostic (frankly I have more important things to worry about) and have no interest. However I have married into a comparatively religious family and my wife believes but is not practicing. We never talk about religion, it just doesn't come up.

Group of friends are all university educated, middle class (although would deny this to the hilt) and its all they ever bloody discuss when we see them, the only time I ever hear religion mentioned is with them!

It may just be the groups I move in but I had assumed that was the way it is, it has made me see religion being the immigration for the left leaning liberal i.e. addressing the human need to have a bogeyman to blame all of ones ails on.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: