Pages: 1 ... 729 730 731 [732] 733 734 735 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996696 times)

Ignore
« Reply #10965 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 11:34:06 »

Working class and poor people voted for these arseholes. I just don't understand why.
Flashheart

« Reply #10966 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 11:36:03 »

Working class and poor people voted for these arseholes. I just don't understand why.

Because 'but Corbyn'.

And the press or, more to the point, too many people believing the press.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #10967 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 11:37:46 »

Because 'Corbyn's portrayal in the media'.
Corrected

EDIT: you beat me to it!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #10968 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 11:49:52 »

You only have to look on the Swindon advertiser comments on Facebook to see the fooled masses in full effect.
Yesterday some knuckle dragger told people that they "should be grateful" for the dismal food parcels being received. Currently of 67 responses to his comment. 58 of them endorsed his view.
It's literally working class folk turning on those in need of the parcel's. Nothing said about the fact that somebody is raking in public money from this scheme. Blinded fools.
Flashheart

« Reply #10969 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 11:53:03 »

And Corbyn was accused of trying to start a class war. In reality, it was already in full flow - only the tories were winning it (with help from the media).

And I'm far from a Corbyn fan, I thought he was a bit of a tool, but that doesn't mean the tories and the press are any less a bunch of self-serving wankers.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #10970 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 12:07:57 »

All the fucking sensible dads who thought Corbyn was a bit too radical should be having a look at themselves in the mirror right now. All they've done is enable this shower of cunts. And now we've got an opposition leader in Starmer who has so far has been less effective than Marcus Rashford and Les Dennis. Shit state of affairs.

Said it before and I'll say it again, the tories were voted in for Bexit, not much else

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #10971 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 12:14:27 »

You only have to look on the Swindon advertiser comments on Facebook to see the fooled masses in full effect.
Yesterday some knuckle dragger told people that they "should be grateful" for the dismal food parcels being received. Currently of 67 responses to his comment. 58 of them endorsed his view.
It's literally working class folk turning on those in need of the parcel's. Nothing said about the fact that somebody is raking in public money from this scheme. Blinded fools.

How many people are one unexpected job loss away from needing help from the state, but if you have never had to put up with that you don't understand it.

Human beings are generally self centred wankers.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #10972 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 12:19:49 »

One thing I really struggle with is the attacks on the "liberal elite" by the Tories.  My God, if they are not elitist then fuck knows who is.

What/who is the liberal elite anyway?  And what do they want that has the tories demonising them?  Serious question.  I am not thick but I really struggle with this one.

No one kills a thread like me....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10973 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 12:24:29 »

One thing I really struggle with is the attacks on the "liberal elite" by the Tories.  My God, if they are not elitist then fuck knows who is.

What/who is the liberal elite anyway?  And what do they want that has the tories demonising them?  Serious question.  I am not thick but I really struggle with this one.
The Tories need an "other" class to focus hate on. Especially at the moment as they follow the Trump playbook on "culture wars" etc. At various times, foreigners, benefit claimants etc will also serve the same purpose. Makes a handy "look over there" excuse too to distract from the utter shambles of the COVID deathpile, the rampant corruption around the awarding of contracts and the annihilation of the economy. "I mean yeah, all that's bad, but there's a kid over there who got an extra KitKat in his food parcel. BURN HIM!!"
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #10974 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 12:27:47 »

They could always go back to the topic of fishing to distract from the real issues again. Or start putting fish in the lunchboxes

I come from a land down-under
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #10975 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 12:32:15 »

Liberal elite seems to have become short hand for anyone who gives a shite about someone sho isn't themselves, see also woke....

FWIW though Corbyn was/is as much of a liberal elite as most Tories, not sure he has ever had a real job outside politics.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #10976 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 12:32:48 »

They could always go back to the topic of fishing to distract from the real issues again. Or start putting fish in the lunchboxes

Its only lunch anyway https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/tory-mp-defends-free-school-meal-controversy-saying-its-only-lunch/13/01/
Flashheart

« Reply #10977 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 12:34:56 »

How many people are one unexpected job loss away from needing help from the state, but if you have never had to put up with that you don't understand it.

Human beings are generally self centred wankers.

You ought to see some of the forums and groups out here.

Jam-packed full of arseholes looking down on other expats who have fallen on hard times. Yet, a lot of these same people are getting by month to month themselves and have little job security. (There's that, and the rampant racism and all-round ignorance).

Homo sapiens really are a horrid species at times.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10978 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 12:35:18 »

Jack Monroe, who has done a lot of campaigning around this, has just tweeted that the National Food Voucher Scheme that ran in the summer is coming back next week. Which will cut out the profiteering middlemen. And before the tiresome Tory Trolls kick in, no the vouchers can't be used to buy booze, fags, crack or prossies. They never could. That was just bollocks out out by people who hate the idea that the needy and vulnerable might actually get some sort of help. Or that some fucker might not be able to profiteer on the back of it.

https://twitter.com/BootstrapCook/status/1349304259301548033

Confirmed in BBC report
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-53053337

However, while I notice that Johnson and now even the walking embodiment of incompetence that is Williamson have scolded Chartwells over their blatant fraud in scamming the taxpayer out of 25 quid in every "hamper" they sent out, neither has suggested that Chartwells should be stripped of these contracts. Or better yet, prosecuted for fraud
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 12:42:25 by pauld » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #10979 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 12:50:39 »

Not that it matters to the emotion of the argument, but the chartwells contract wasn’t to spend £30 worth of food per child - they were contracted to provide a certain number of meals per child (no reference to cost)

More a point of pedantry than anything, the £25 profiteering isn’t technically true. The shameful rations the kids got, and the fact it was worse than they were previously entitled to, is though

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 729 730 731 [732] 733 734 735 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: