Pages: 1 ... 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2011084 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6600 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 09:57:46 »

The fact is that one of the primary motivations, we were told, was to 'take back co trol' from the undemocratic EU and reinvest it in Parliament. When the Prime Minister in waiting suggests that he will resolve the impasse by taking control away from Parliament, then it is not surprising that Parliament fights back in any way it can.

This isn't new though is it, May tried to do exactly the same with the earlier Henry VIII rules which got voted down. This present government has used every trick possible to sideline parliament in the name of taking back control and has groomed a large part of the population to blindly facilitate it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6601 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 09:59:53 »

I’ll kick this one off.

Standing at the last general election pledging to their constituencies that they would uphold the leave decision.
Voting with the government of the day to have the vote in the first place with intention of letting it happen.
Not declaring financial links or direct payments from the EU or any of its agencies.

Actually in the first case its the ERG and their ilk who have stopped the deal negotiated going through parliament. In addition to which leaving without a deal was not a policy or commitment advocated by either the Labour or Conservative 2017 Manifestos.

As for the last can you cite real examples please, and your thoughts on a comparison to the Russian money that funded leave would be helpful.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 19, 2019, 10:10:21 by horlock07 » Logged
GosportNob

Ignore
« Reply #6602 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 10:28:21 »

When I used the term dirty tricks earlier in this thread I was in fact referring to the duplicity of both sides of the argument.

I don't agree with a single word that Vince Cable utters on Brexit BUT he is unambiguous clearly stating he does not agree that we should leave the EU and ergo wishes to revoke article 50.

However even though I voted leave I accept the result of the referendum. What really hacks me off is the manner in which Brexit wreckers from both sides of the house use meely mouth words to justify their actions rather than being honest.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6603 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 10:38:00 »

When I used the term dirty tricks earlier in this thread I was in fact referring to the duplicity of both sides of the argument.

I don't agree with a single word that Vince Cable utters on Brexit BUT he is unambiguous clearly stating he does not agree that we should leave the EU and ergo wishes to revoke article 50.

However even though I voted leave I accept the result of the referendum. What really hacks me off is the manner in which Brexit wreckers from both sides of the house use meely mouth words to justify their actions rather than being honest.

Unfortunately your stuff is so riddled with factual error and the usual right winger's paranoia and fantasy, it's very difficult to take seriously in any way...

thus to quote.....

I voted remain in the referendum but accept the desire of the majority.

Today....

even though I voted leave

It's all a bit SRK like who tells us one day, he's extremely wealthy having made money in the City, the next he lives in a council house.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #6604 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 10:49:32 »

Unfortunately your stuff is so riddled with factual error and the usual right winger's paranoia and fantasy, it's very difficult to take seriously in any way...

thus to quote.....

Today....

It's all a bit SRK like who tells us one day, he's extremely wealthy having made money in the City, the next he lives in a council house.

From Reg - 'Unfortunately your stuff is so riddled with factual error'

From some of your comments thats  Clap
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6605 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 11:08:15 »

From Reg - 'Unfortunately your stuff is so riddled with factual error'

From some of your comments thats  Clap

I'm more than happy to have my comments looked at for factual accuracy, similarly any opinions formed on those bases.

There's a lot on here over many years.... clearly in that span of time not everything will be spot on, nobody is perfect.

However, for example, trying to base your case for dismissing all my thoughts on the back of arguing that my saying that Jermaine McGlashan would be training with Town pre season, was somehow factually inaccurate based on your personal experience, was probably not the best start.

However I look forward to some forensic debate as the season unfolds.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #6606 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 11:16:19 »

I'm more than happy to have my comments looked at for factual accuracy, similarly any opinions formed on those bases.

There's a lot on here over many years.... clearly in that span of time not everything will be spot on, nobody is perfect.

However, for example, trying to base your case for dismissing all my thoughts on the back of arguing that my saying that Jermaine McGlashan would be training with Town pre season, was somehow factually inaccurate based on your personal experience, was probably not the best start.

However I look forward to some forensic debate as the season unfolds.

Let it go!!!

My discussion was based on my EXPERIENCE in league football!!

Not sat in front of a keyboard like a sad keyboard warrior!!!

Yes with regard Mcglashen i was wrong on the start of pre season - however Mcglashen , Diagouraga were not on the Team bonding La Manga trip........so not included as a squad member!! Smug Fuck Off
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #6607 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 11:35:24 »

Cowley, if you're going to pick on Reg you need to get your facts straight.

As we all know, Reg only deals in facts.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #6608 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 11:57:56 »

Cowley, if you're going to pick on Reg you need to get your facts straight.

As we all know, Reg only deals in facts.

Big Difference between Reg's 'Facts' and actual facts!!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #6609 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 12:18:22 »

People in glass houses...

Yes with regard Mcglashen i was wrong
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #6610 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 12:27:50 »

People in glass houses...

Yes with regard Mcglashen i was wrong /quote]

Not true...

I stated i believed Mcglashen would not be there at the start of pre season to look for a new club!

I was not claiming to be stating actual facts , just my belief based on my experiences  Smug Fuck Off
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6611 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 12:55:07 »

Big Difference between Reg's 'Facts' and actual facts!!

Perhaps you'd care to exhume some of the examples on which you base this....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6612 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 13:26:58 »

Christ it's bad enough when Legends Lounge pollutes the football threads banging on about politics, now Reg and Cowley have managed to drag football into the politics thread Smiley
GosportNob

Ignore
« Reply #6613 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 14:44:19 »

Hi Reg. Yep I had a brain fart well spotted! I typed leave when I actually voted remain. I do however support leave now as I respect the result of the referendum.
From the content of your posts it seems we may be of a similar age.
My maternal grandfather was a coal miner, he lived in Hull and died of pneumoconiosis. My father and grandfather were
marine engineering fitters and my father worked British Leyland during Red Robboe's time.
I went to Grammar School in Swindon and had opportunities they never had. What thoughts can you share about those times?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6614 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 20:06:29 »

Christ it's bad enough when Legends Lounge pollutes the football threads banging on about politics, now Reg and Cowley have managed to drag football into the politics thread Smiley

And the Shyte you spout with monotonous regularity on all threads, pot & kettle comrade, pot and kettle.
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: