Pages: 1 ... 437 438 439 [440] 441 442 443 ... 876   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1988486 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6585 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 15:32:04 »

That's why I fear democracy as I knew it is dead.
So you decided to combat that by voting for a man who has promised he will suspend parliament and rule by diktat on a whim?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6586 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 16:57:07 »

Ps must have seen garden tax coming that would replace council tax as I live in a flat!

Oh you have not fallen for the garden tax, Corbyn is the bogeyman nonsense have you?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6587 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 16:58:35 »

That election promise was made before the Lib Dem Treasury Secretary, David Laws, picked up the note by his outgoing Labour counterpart, Liam Byrne:

Dear chief secretary, I'm afraid there is no money. Kind regards – and good luck! Liam

The tuition fees pledge was unwise and turned out to be an inaccurate prediction or broken promise, for sure.  It was not the type of factual lie beloved of Brexiters with Johnson's kipper nonsense being untrue as he uttered it.  Cheered to the rafters as he uttered it by the ignorant, the credulous or, these days, by those who care not one jot whether any statement is true or not, so long as it suits their Brexitist narrative.

Speak for yourself sunshine, I for one will be proud to be led by a man shameless strong enough to be photographed bullshitting through his teeth whilst holding a packet of kippers!

God save the Queen!
GosportNob

Ignore
« Reply #6588 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 17:03:50 »

It's not as if the leave deniers have used dirty tricks have they?

Obviously today's shenanigans in parliament are truly supportive of those that voted to leave the EU and indicates the true face of democracy. Once again you choose to be totally selective in your basic arguments focussing on the few not the many!

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6589 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 17:05:07 »

Obviously today's shenanigans in parliament are truly supportive of those that voted to leave the EU and indicates the true face of democracy. Once again you choose to be totally selective in your basic arguments focussing on the few not the many!

Who are you actually replying to, Jesus what is it with right wingers and being unable to use the quote facility!
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #6590 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 17:28:37 »

The fact is that one of the primary motivations, we were told, was to 'take back co trol' from the undemocratic EU and reinvest it in Parliament. When the Prime Minister in waiting suggests that he will resolve the impasse by taking control away from Parliament, then it is not surprising that Parliament fights back in any way it can.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6591 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 18:12:16 »

Quote from: GosportRob

dirty tricks?
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #6592 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 19:08:13 »

You're right. None of the leave deniers are currently under investigation by the National Crime Agency, or received multiple fines for breaking electoral law, or have employed tactics which breached Facebook personal data or are Persons of Interest to the CIA.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 19:10:53 by ReadingRed » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6593 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 20:38:44 »

This new guy is on a par with SRK. Not seen that flan in a while, maybe this is his disguise!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
GosportNob

Ignore
« Reply #6594 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 22:22:37 »

I am not new to this forum just couldn't register for a while due to problems on the site.
I am not a disguised previous poster iteration.
I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion and would not resort to infantile name calling to try to denigrate others.
I lived and worked during a time that I thought certain politicians were left wing. I now see the error of my ways as we may soon have a quasi Marxist government.
I am not a flan or any other sort of foodstuff.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6595 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 06:38:25 »

fair enough.

what dirty tricks have remain MPs used?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6596 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 07:26:17 »

I am not new to this forum just couldn't register for a while due to problems on the site.
I am not a disguised previous poster iteration.
I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion and would not resort to infantile name calling to try to denigrate others.
I lived and worked during a time that I thought certain politicians were left wing. I now see the error of my ways as we may soon have a quasi Marxist government.
I am not a flan or any other sort of foodstuff.

You do have the whiff of a quiche though Gosport Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6597 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 07:27:43 »

fair enough.

what dirty tricks have remain MPs used?

I’ll kick this one off.

Standing at the last general election pledging to their constituencies that they would uphold the leave decision.
Voting with the government of the day to have the vote in the first place with intention of letting it happen.
Not declaring financial links or direct payments from the EU or any of its agencies.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6598 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 07:52:10 »

I’ll kick this one off.

Standing at the last general election pledging to their constituencies that they would uphold the leave decision.
Voting with the government of the day to have the vote in the first place with intention of letting it happen.
Not declaring financial links or direct payments from the EU or any of its agencies.
Erm, none of those are "dirty tricks". They may be things you disapprove of, but it's not on a par with breaking electoral law or stealing people's private data to subvert a vote, for example
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6599 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 08:19:10 »

Yeah ,that was my point. Its how our parliament works - for better or worse. Morally dubious/outrageous (in your view) but procedurally correct.
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 439 [440] 441 442 443 ... 876   Go Up
Print
Jump to: