Pages: 1 ... 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2011873 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6345 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 08:55:21 »

Not been a good 24 hours for the blue team, firstly Field manhandling a lass,  then  the Welsh mp being sacked and now Johnson being naughty.

Not sure what is more depressing the mess of our governing party, or the apologists for their mps assaulting women.

Sent from my SM-J330FN
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6346 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 09:05:34 »

I don't think that this sort of thing plays very well in Toryland.  The membership, mostly older than Johnson himself, is not known for being socially liberal.  It's the top story in just about every press outlet at the moment - even the right wing ones.  Not good news for a candidate whose strategy seems to be to keep as low a profile as possible, avoid all scrutiny and then fly under the radar in to Number 10.

Johnson already has a list of reasons long as your arm why he is unfit for high office, so I'm sure a bit of a "domestic" won't make much difference.  After all, as with Field getting a bit over physical with the lady Greenpeace protester, playing rough is quite popular with Tories.

ATM the Tories are desperate, and as Palmerston said after the Turks signed up with the Russians in the Treaty of Unkiar Skelessi, " a drowning man will clutch even at a serpent"   The Turks were trying to see off the Egyptians, Tories Farage.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6347 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 09:40:58 »

Johnson already has a list of reasons long as your arm why he is unfit for high office, so I'm sure a bit of a "domestic" won't make much difference.  After all, as with Field getting a bit over physical with the lady Greenpeace protester, playing rough is quite popular with Tories.

ATM the Tories are desperate, and as Palmerston said after the Turks signed up with the Russians in the Treaty of Unkiar Skelessi, " a drowning man will clutch even at a serpent"   The Turks were trying to see off the Egyptians, Tories Farage.

Reg, the gift that keeps on giving.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #6348 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 10:50:20 »

Not been a good 24 hours for the blue team, firstly Field manhandling a lass,  then  the Welsh mp being sacked and now Johnson being naughty.

Not sure what is more depressing the mess of our governing party, or the apologists for their mps assaulting women.

Sent from my SM-J330FN
Not sure its just the blue team. The red team are pretty pathetic and don't seem to be able to make any political mileage out of the fact that the blue team are appalling. The fact that the yellow team seem to be undergoing a resurgence without doing anything is testament to the crapness of the others.

Quite how Boris is a candidate for PM is bewildering. But the other candidates were equally awful but in different ways!

I don't know precisely what the Welsh MP did, so can't comment.

However, I saw what Mark Field did. I think she deserved it! Good on him from stopping her from disrupting the event. He seemed to use the minimum amount of force to remove her. The bad thing about it is that she and the media seem to be making hay out of it - Really don't like these sort of protest and mock indignation when protesters provoke incidents and reap what they sow.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6349 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 11:09:01 »

However, I saw what Mark Field did. I think she deserved it! Good on him from stopping her from disrupting the event. He seemed to use the minimum amount of force to remove her. The bad thing about it is that she and the media seem to be making hay out of it - Really don't like these sort of protest and mock indignation when protesters provoke incidents and reap what they sow.

Field had recently been tweeting how the UK stood with women looking to exercise their rights to have their voices heard on issues...

“the UK remains committed to helping women all over the world to feel safe and protected in the work they do, so they can speak freely and be part of the change we all want.”

presumably just as long as it's somewhere else and nothing to do with change, if it doesn't fit his agenda.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #6350 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 12:41:34 »

Not sure its just the blue team. The red team are pretty pathetic and don't seem to be able to make any political mileage out of the fact that the blue team are appalling. The fact that the yellow team seem to be undergoing a resurgence without doing anything is testament to the crapness of the others.

Quite how Boris is a candidate for PM is bewildering. But the other candidates were equally awful but in different ways!

I don't know precisely what the Welsh MP did, so can't comment.

Good post. Pretty much how I see it.

Ignore
« Reply #6351 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 18:25:41 »

Field's face said it all. A horrible little prick of a man.
I'm honestly staggered how people defend Tories. They're consistently cunts on every level. Each and every one of them.
Imagine if it had been Corbyn rowing with his girlfriend. Would have been 100x more coverage. Boris is and always has been a fucking arsehole. How much evidence do people need to conclude this? Forget his marital issues. What's he's done in positions of power is what should count against him.
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 18:29:22 by Arriba » Logged
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #6352 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 18:33:41 »

However, I saw what Mark Field did. I think she deserved it!

Christ, hate to think what happens when your wife/daughter/aunt etc express an opinion you don't agree with.

+1 for violence against women.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #6353 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 18:43:20 »

Christ, hate to think what happens when your wife/daughter/aunt etc express an opinion you don't agree with.

+1 for violence against women.
Why get personal? No need for it. If you disagree with my point of view that's fine.

I just think there are better ways and places to express opinions. I don't condone violence against women or men.
If one wanted to go down the freedom of speech argument, then what about the freedom of speech of the speaker and the guests that came to listen to him (rather than her)?

She wasnt invited to speak, she disrupted the evening and she was ejected. End of story.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #6354 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 18:56:27 »

Field's face said it all. A horrible little prick of a man.
I'm honestly staggered how people defend Tories. They're consistently cunts on every level. Each and every one of them.
Imagine if it had been Corbyn rowing with his girlfriend. Would have been 100x more coverage. Boris is and always has been a fucking arsehole. How much evidence do people need to conclude this? Forget his marital issues. What's he's done in positions of power is what should count against him.

You conveniently forget about that old man who was man handled out of the Labour Party conference in Bournemouth (I think) by burly bouncers.....
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #6355 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 19:02:26 »

Of course had that woman been challenged and thrown something noxious at the speaker would you a) applaud her because he’s a Tory or b) scream why didn’t anyone stop her?

Luckily for her she got shown the door sharpish in nothing more than a firm manner. Perish the thought she didn’t have a weapon and lash out. But hey it’s the Tories and just breathing for some of you is a crime. God help us if Corbyn and McDonald get in.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #6356 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 19:13:50 »

You conveniently forget about that old man who was man handled out of the Labour Party conference in Bournemouth (I think) by burly bouncers.....

It wasn't right that that bloke was taken out of the Labour conference.  In 2005.  14 years ago.  I think we should definitely use it to make a point about Corbyn and Mcdonnell.  It's definitely their fault and absolutely the same thing that the Tory MP did.

14 years ago.

Never knowingly overstated.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #6357 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 19:16:24 »

It wasn't right that that bloke was taken out of the Labour conference.  In 2005.  14 years ago.  I think we should definitely use it to make a point about Corbyn and Mcdonnell.  It's definitely their fault and absolutely the same thing that the Tory MP did.

14 years ago.

14 years, does not matter. Stones and glass houses.

Ignore
« Reply #6358 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 19:43:54 »

Not forgotten. Unrelated. Thought it was disgusting by the way. I'm sure he was "Harry's last stand" from twitter who recently passed? What a great man he was. A proper Labour man and wonderful, compassionate human being.

Doesn't excuse that fuckwit, gritting his teeth and doing what he did. Assualting a peaceful protester. What a cunt
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #6359 on: Saturday, June 22, 2019, 19:48:45 »

Not forgotten. Unrelated. Thought it was disgusting by the way. I'm sure he was "Harry's last stand" from twitter who recently passed? What a great man he was. A proper Labour man and wonderful, compassionate human being.

Doesn't excuse that fuckwit, gritting his teeth and doing what he did. Assualting a peaceful protester. What a cunt
Agree to differ then shan’t we.
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: