Pages: 1 ... 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2013660 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3405 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 10:03:18 »

Sadly so so predicable....

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news...r-brexit-plans-according-to-reports-1-9225210

Looks like even the secret little promises are falling apart.....
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3406 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 21:25:42 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5897401/BAE-Systems-lands-20BN-deal-build-Australian-warships-Brexit-boost.html

Smug Fuck Off
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3407 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 08:41:59 »

They're being built in Australia.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3408 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 09:57:15 »

They're being built in Australia.

Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3409 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 10:08:52 »

Aussie jobs for Aussie workers, massive profits for non-dom shareholders. It's the very spirit of what Brexit is all about!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3410 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 10:11:53 »

Aussie jobs for Aussie workers, massive profits for non-dom shareholders. It's the very spirit of what Brexit is all about!

Smiley

Yeah, but it stops them coming over here and stealing our jobs
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3411 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 10:16:54 »

The Aussies will need skilled shipbuiders though, so the unemployed shipbuilders of Tyne and Wear can apply to emigrate....one snag being you have to be under 45.
Flashheart

« Reply #3412 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 11:05:15 »

Did this deal happen because of Brexit, or despite it. It's really not a valid pro-brexit argument if it's the former, which I suspect it is.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3413 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 11:12:38 »

Did this deal happen because of Brexit, or despite it. It's really not a valid pro-brexit argument if it's the former, which I suspect it is.

It's simply a business deal.... albeit in the defence sector where some politics will come into it.  The likes of the Mail and their fellow Brexiteers, would have the gullible believe that although eligible to tender for the contract Italian and Spanish companies lost out because they're in the EU.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3414 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 11:37:01 »

But then do you think the CEOs of Airbus and BMW weren't exerting political influence on behalf of macron and Merkel. Either side will do anything to gain advantage in negotiations. It's what happens and I expect it to get a lot juicier yet. Project fear will be ramped up substantially as will the gold paved roads we will have if we leave.
Both labour and Tories are divided on the EU as are the general electorate. Despite may winning last week's vote I still expect the two houses to vote out anything other than the softest brexit and then all the bickering can start all over again.
The one thing that is blatantly clear is that the country was not ready for the referendum. Both sides were unworthy of our trust. It should have been deferred until some indisputable facts were presented so at least we had some solid foundations before the bollox was added.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3415 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 11:53:34 »

The one thing that is blatantly clear is that the country was not ready for the referendum. Both sides were unworthy of our trust. It should have been deferred until some indisputable facts were presented so at least we had some solid foundations before the bollox was added.
This is the single best comment I've seen on the whole debacle.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3416 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 11:58:21 »

It is an excellent point, however the vote happened, and the triggering of Article 50 happened quickly after that. There was probably no constitutional reason why a period of reflective debate couldn't have taken place, before triggering Art 50, as to just what was voted for.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3417 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 12:17:20 »

It is an excellent point, however the vote happened, and the triggering of Article 50 happened quickly after that. There was probably no constitutional reason why a period of reflective debate couldn't have taken place, before triggering Art 50, as to just what was voted for.
That was a total may fuck up. I think the idea was to trigger article 50 and then confidently negotiate after a barnstorming election win. She could be a latter day Boudicca. We know how that went.
I think even those like me who voted out are stunned at two things. First of all the total ineptitude of our negotiating stance. It may all come good but at the moment it's a shambles. A fuck up upon a fuck up. Secondly, the number of people who would love to see brexit fail to be proved right. I don't have a problem with remainers fighting their corner as they should do so but to want brexit to fail I can't understand. Surely it's in all our interests to make it work.if it doesn't then fair enough.
I think a period of reflection would probably have just seen the same shit over a longer period.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3418 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 12:29:44 »

That was a total may fuck up. I think the idea was to trigger article 50 and then confidently negotiate after a barnstorming election win. She could be a latter day Boudicca. We know how that went.
I think even those like me who voted out are stunned at two things. First of all the total ineptitude of our negotiating stance. It may all come good but at the moment it's a shambles. A fuck up upon a fuck up. Secondly, the number of people who would love to see brexit fail to be proved right. I don't have a problem with remainers fighting their corner as they should do so but to want brexit to fail I can't understand. Surely it's in all our interests to make it work.if it doesn't then fair enough.
I think a period of reflection would probably have just seen the same shit over a longer period.
Again, I agree with all of this. Mods, can I just set up some kind of auto-echo of "+1" on all Chalkie's posts from now on? Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3419 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 12:33:46 »

Nearly, Danny Dyer's on the TV last night probably trumps it....
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: