Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: dashboard camera  (Read 13111 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 20:06:15 »

No.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, July 24, 2015, 12:53:12 »

*******BUMP***********

Driving abroad on holiday so thinking about one of these.

What is everyone's view of what they bought ?? Good value or wouldn't bother ??
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, July 24, 2015, 13:01:24 »

The Mobius is great. It records in 1080p and the wide-angled lens captures a lot of the road. It records sound too.

I've got it hardwired so that it automatically switches on and off with the ignition. The cables are all tucked neatly away behind the roof liner/door trims etc. and it's all fully removable when I have to give the car back.

It's tiny as well, so you can mount it somewhere really discreet. I've got mine stuck to the underside of the rain sensor and it's hardly noticeable from outside the car.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, July 24, 2015, 13:54:46 »

The Mobius is great. It records in 1080p and the wide-angled lens captures a lot of the road. It records sound too.

I've got it hardwired so that it automatically switches on and off with the ignition. The cables are all tucked neatly away behind the roof liner/door trims etc. and it's all fully removable when I have to give the car back.

It's tiny as well, so you can mount it somewhere really discreet. I've got mine stuck to the underside of the rain sensor and it's hardly noticeable from outside the car.

Cheers Sam, so you went for the wide angled lens - is that the 131% one ? Does is make the picture a bit fish eye ?

How much does it record and keep ? What size mem card did you go for ??

Sorry for the interrogation but I've been looking quite keenly at the Mobius  Grin
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, July 24, 2015, 14:25:48 »

How much Sam? Ebay...as you know I'm a 'fancy title' sales rep and fancy getting one.

Mate of mine got pranged in a contra flow and the youngin stopped, got out and then fucked off. Took his plate and plod couldn't do anything as he just denied it.

Clems Army!
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, July 24, 2015, 14:30:02 »

I just got the one with the standard lens. That's wide enough.

I put a 16GB card in it which captures around 2 hours which is more than enough. I've set it to record in 5 minute loops, so if there's anything you want to keep you press a button on the camera and it marks that file as read-only. The rest just get overwritten as the card fills up.

I bought a piggy back fuse: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Piggy-Back-Mini-Blade-Fuse-Holder-with-3-Fuses-12V-15A-Fuse-Tap-ATM-Add-Circuit-/221821546646?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33a5983096

And one of these USB cables: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3Meter-DC-12V-24V-to-5V-3A-Left-Angled-90-Degree-Mini-USB-Power-Converter-Cable-/130978718214?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e7ef0a206

No splicing of cables needed, so all fully removeable. And only took 10 minutes to fit.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, July 24, 2015, 14:32:35 »

Which ever you go for make sure it has gps.

I have a blackvue, and is excellent. It is expensive though. The mobius is good. I know some people have had issues with them over heating, yet some haven't.

Hardwired is definitely the way to go. Mine is fused with the rear wiper.

Happy to help install if anyone needs it.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, July 24, 2015, 14:52:46 »

Fantastic - cheers both
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #38 on: Saturday, July 25, 2015, 10:36:11 »

Not sure if this is a good price but it seemed it to me, free 8gb card and 720p recording for under £17.

http://www.ebuyer.com/710095-720p-hd-in-car-journey-recorder-with-free-8gb-sd-card-zv002

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, July 25, 2015, 12:49:14 »

Not sure if this is a good price but it seemed it to me, free 8gb card and 720p recording for under £17.

http://www.ebuyer.com/710095-720p-hd-in-car-journey-recorder-with-free-8gb-sd-card-zv002

Cheers JJ
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: