Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: dashboard camera  (Read 13176 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, December 14, 2014, 15:39:14 »

Is there an unusually high number of phsychopathic maniacs roaming the highways and bye-ways of North Wiltshire?

If some one wants to get one of these cameras then knock yourself out - It's fine by me. I just think that if I got one, I would end up with hours and hours and hours of dull, mundane footage.

It all seems a bit...*

*I know - I'll probably have a smack now and I'll really wish I had one  Roll Eyes
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, December 14, 2014, 16:15:13 »

Is there an unusually high number of phsychopathic maniacs roaming the highways and bye-ways of North Wiltshire?

No more than usual
In general i think driving standards have gone down the pan steadily over recent years

Add in the ridiculous amount of roadworks around the town lately and ppl will take any risk it seems to save 30 seconds of their trip
Barry Scott

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, December 14, 2014, 16:44:20 »

I would end up with hours and hours and hours of dull, mundane footage.

I think that's the idea. You don't want eventful footage to come home and watch it, you just have it so that when you have a smash, you've hopefully got some proof.

Although when I first got it I did drive like an absolute fucking loon one afternoon just so I could watch it when I got home. It wasn't town driving, it was across an hour and a half of country roads. That footage was fun.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, December 14, 2014, 16:53:51 »

Unfortunately not. My word against his.

I took plenty of photos of the scene, so hopefully common sense will prevail. Although I'm fully aware that insurance firms don't live in the land of common sense.

My insurers have settled already for my write-off so it's no real biggie, just would be nice not to lose the NCB.

Fingers crossed. Can't see how it could possibly be seen as your fault but as you say, insurance companies...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, December 14, 2014, 17:18:29 »

Ha, the amount of stick I got when I said I had one!! Now you are all at it!
No, you got stick because you posted loads of tedious footage of not very much and got all "Oooh, look at that maniac, it's an outrage that's what it is" about it.
Now you are all at it!
Well 2 or 3 people, maybe

I think that's the idea. You don't want eventful footage to come home and watch it
Or some want mundane footage to come home and watch it and then share with everyone else (see above) Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, December 14, 2014, 17:50:31 »

I think that's the idea. You don't want eventful footage to come home and watch it, you just have it so that when you have a smash, you've hopefully got some proof.

This is exactly why I'm buying one. I'd be delighted to never have to watch footage from it. Unfortunately I think that is unlikely.
The rapid decline in driving standards and the increase in traffic has prompted my purchase, coupled with arseholes cutting me up every day of the week.

Once my mortgage is paid I won't be driving for a living. Will probably give up driving a car too.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 14, 2014, 17:59:21 by arriba » Logged
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, December 14, 2014, 19:05:08 »

No, you got stick because you posted loads of tedious footage of not very much and got all "Oooh, look at that maniac, it's an outrage that's what it is" about it.

One video in the annoying therad

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, December 14, 2014, 21:37:52 »

This is exactly why I'm buying one. I'd be delighted to never have to watch footage from it. Unfortunately I think that is unlikely.
The rapid decline in driving standards and the increase in traffic has prompted my purchase, coupled with arseholes cutting me up every day of the week.

Once my mortgage is paid I won't be driving for a living. Will probably give up driving a car too.

Fair enough. If you actually are driving for a living and are literally getting cut up every day because you are driving some big ass truck and people are too stupid to realise that actually, you need a lot more room to manoeuvre than a regular car, then I can understand it.

For regular, private drivers I frankly find it quite odd. If you are getting into close scrapes on that regular a basis, maybe you should actually look at your own driving technique. Maybe it is you who are driving too fast/not leaving enough room/driving too agressively in general.

I've been driving for 28 years now (scary when you put it like that). If, hypothetically, I'd had a camera in all the cars I had driven I would have (just making a number up here for argument's sake) 10,000 miles of film, about 6 inches of which may be worth watching.

To go to that effort and spend what I would assume is quite a bit of cash/time/effort on something which you're almost certainly never going to use (or at least shouldn't ever have to use)is...well...how can I put this...

OR...

Hmmm
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 14, 2014, 22:52:55 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 07:27:52 »

All very valid points, but we live in an increasingly litigious society and from recent personal experience I now know that a one-off cost of £30 would be more than worth it for the peace of mind that my NCB and excess are safe even if I don't have another accident ever again.
REDBUCK

« Reply #24 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 07:34:51 »

So would you hand over the footage if it proved that you were at fault.
DMR

« Reply #25 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 14:19:39 »

Ha, the amount of stick I got when I said I had one!! Now you are all at it! If anyone wants advice about installing one give me a shout. Mine is hard wired to the fuse box with wires hidden.

For what it's worth I still think you're an egg.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 14:49:49 »

xxx

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 11:47:44 »

There is a dash cam on eBay today's deals going for £13.99 which are selling fast if anyone is interested.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 19:20:23 »

I've bitten the bullet and bought a Mobius which turned up from China today.

Watch out for the imminent Youtube bad driver videos.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 19:41:43 »

Can we compare videos?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: