Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mex's tips  (Read 230114 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: Sunday, August 23, 2020, 14:29:47 »

Heads up anyone before I post my racing fives

Unibet are offering a great Champions League Promo. Bet £25 on tonight's match and receive a £50 free bet upon settlement (regardless of your £25 outcome). As well as this, they will give you 20 Free Spins on one of their games with no wagering (they call it cash spins), so whatever you win you keep as cash. This is for existing and new customers.

If you don't have an account you can take advantage of a bit more. I think on opening an account you also have a risk free bet up to £40. Create an account slap on a quick bet on something in your price range and if it wins, you keep as normal, if it loses you get the stake back.

On top of this they also are running a free game to win £50k and a signed PSG shirt. Think it is 6 questions (that will likely be obscure) but get them all correct and pool from the £50k (not sure how they pool the PSG shirt though), for free.

Basically they're throwing a fair amount of money at you as a sweetener. Be sensible, only bet what you can afford to lose and have fun. Also their live chat is pretty decent too for resolving any issues, especially free bets/spins not showing. Quick to sort etc.

Enjoy  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Sunday, August 23, 2020, 14:34:35 »

Heads up anyone before I post my racing fives

Unibet are offering a great Champions League Promo. Bet £25 on tonight's match and receive a £50 free bet upon settlement (regardless of your £25 outcome). As well as this, they will give you 20 Free Spins on one of their games with no wagering (they call it cash spins), so whatever you win you keep as cash. This is for existing and new customers.

If you don't have an account you can take advantage of a bit more. I think on opening an account you also have a risk free bet up to £40. Create an account slap on a quick bet on something in your price range and if it wins, you keep as normal, if it loses you get the stake back.

On top of this they also are running a free game to win £50k and a signed PSG shirt. Think it is 6 questions (that will likely be obscure) but get them all correct and pool from the £50k (not sure how they pool the PSG shirt though), for free.

Basically they're throwing a fair amount of money at you as a sweetener. Be sensible, only bet what you can afford to lose and have fun. Also their live chat is pretty decent too for resolving any issues, especially free bets/spins not showing. Quick to sort etc.

Enjoy  Pint

How long have you worked for Unibet?

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Sunday, August 23, 2020, 14:42:24 »

How long have you worked for Unibet?

Eleventy one years and threight thoudred days  Wink

Truth: Pretty much logged in to see if I had any funds in there  Pint

Oh and I could've quite easily put my referral link in but that's not really my thing, not unless i know people more. Find it a little spammy. Each to their own.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 23, 2020, 14:44:07 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: Sunday, August 23, 2020, 15:23:11 »

Smart Connection  4.40 Wolv
Angel Fairy            4.50 Sand
Teddy Boy             5.00 Naas
My Brother Mike     5.10 Wolv
Young Merlin          5.20 Sand
Blue Beirut             5.40 Wolv

Trebles, 4-fold and 5-fold accas included.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Sunday, August 23, 2020, 16:17:50 »

3 from 5 so treble guaranteed (break even). A place for Blue Beirut will see a 4-fold and 4 trebles. Plus CL Final to come.

Any profits are going into my Efes fund for next month  Pint Pint Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Sunday, August 23, 2020, 17:27:09 »

3 from 5 so treble guaranteed (break even). A place for Blue Beirut will see a 4-fold and 4 trebles. Plus CL Final to come.

Any profits are going into my Efes fund for next month  Pint Pint Pint

Must have missed the EW advice. Looks like 0/6 to me. Better luck tomorrow.

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Sunday, August 23, 2020, 18:08:48 »

Must have missed the EW advice. Looks like 0/6 to me. Better luck tomorrow.

I always bet/advise on horses with place betting in mind. The acca profit off just a placed bet in Horse Racing is much better than most other sports. Multiply over 5/6 that tots up quite nicely without getting into ridiculous outlays. Not as much as landing a win part bet but less risk yet still plenty of profit, which is what I'm happy with.

Broke even on the 3/6, although 4/6 would've pushed some profits. Still, sets up for the CL-F with the generous money on offer. If that goes nicely, I'll pop it on a Basketball pts double later on  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #622 on: Sunday, August 23, 2020, 18:29:20 »

How the hell do you break even on a single treble to place, when you must have made 42 bets? Those horses must have been pretty long odds then?
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: Sunday, August 23, 2020, 18:32:58 »

I always bet/advise on horses with place betting in mind. The acca profit off just a placed bet in Horse Racing is much better than most other sports. Multiply over 5/6 that tots up quite nicely without getting into ridiculous outlays. Not as much as landing a win part bet but less risk yet still plenty of profit, which is what I'm happy with.

Broke even on the 3/6, although 4/6 would've pushed some profits. Still, sets up for the CL-F with the generous money on offer. If that goes nicely, I'll pop it on a Basketball pts double later on  Smiley

I noticed you had an EW acca yesterday and specified and you had backed it each way, which is why I found it rather strange you didn't this evening, but hey ho. All the best with your Champions League final and basketball bets.

How the hell do you break even on a single treble to place, when you must have made 42 bets? Those horses must have been pretty long odds then?

10/3, 6/1, 9/2, 10/3, 5/1 & 4/1 were the industry SP's, although they'd have all been much shorter if they place markets were taken as suggested above.

Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #624 on: Sunday, August 23, 2020, 19:17:51 »

Looks like only two placed anyway, so it's all academic.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Sunday, August 23, 2020, 19:20:44 »

Correct but I only spent around £25. The acca 6 and four folds were the bookies money, so only the five folds and trebles came out of my pocket. Essentially 26 bets paid for. 90p on the 5-folds (6) £5.40, £1 on the trebles (20) £20.

Of the one treble that came in for place betting I had 3s, 2s and 11/10 which returned £25.2. Also had acca guarantee on the 4-folds for money back if 1 leg lets you down. So I'm actually a smidge up more than I remembered.

I noticed you had an EW acca yesterday and specified and you had backed it each way, which is why I found it rather strange you didn't this evening, but hey ho. All the best with your Champions League final and basketball bets.

10/3, 6/1, 9/2, 10/3, 5/1 & 4/1 were the industry SP's, although they'd have all been much shorter if they place markets were taken as suggested above.

Yes as for some reason, sometimes the "place only" markets won't let you select on coral and ladbrokes. Today's were on PP.

Yes they were shorter than the win price of course but like any market (of any derivative) if you go in at the right moment you can get better prices. The "place only" market doesn't get affected by SP in the same way win and e/w does for BOG. So I try and place as early as I can as stated place only pays better prices than the e/w part. That's probably the "gamble" I like more; trying to find the best price possible before it moves again.

Anyway, a 2nd half of CL-F to watch. Cheers Smiley
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 23, 2020, 21:13:46 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: Sunday, August 23, 2020, 19:27:38 »

Looks like only two placed anyway, so it's all academic.

You seem to be concentrating way too much time on the detail of my selections. Which seems odd. One of them, I already stated I took and extra place on. The beauty of "place only" you can choose mostly anything from 2-5 (sometimes 6 or 7 depending). Sometimes I'm sure a horse might finish top 3 when there are four places so I get better place only prices that way as well.

I really don't have to explain myself tbh. I put the tips on, Mex's Tips. As I have done on various occasions for others to use (if they want). How one goes about putting on those selections is up to them. Some are more shrewd than others, some just do it for a bit of fun. Which is what it always should be.

Didn't quite expect the scrutiny tbh  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Sunday, August 23, 2020, 22:23:04 »

...All the best with your Champions League final and basketball bets.

CL-F "safe" double came in. As mentioned earlier regarding the Unibet free bets...so the selections came in and also shortly after settlement the £50 got added. But in what seems an absolute royal fuck up. I have £115 in free bets as well as my winnings from the CL-F bet. Plus the spins will go on tomorrow which they are doubling due to an error in processing them (it was 20). Each spin is valued at 40p so I'm essentially getting £16 worth of Spins. Any cash won....straight into the bank.

Have put Toronto Raptors v Brooklyn Nets over 211pts (the stats look pretty positive) in with a Finish match in a couple of days. Used the £50 free bet so zero risk. Will, like this just put the free bets on the equivalent of evens so if they come in, I'll get the even money (no stake). Can't use it on horsies unfortunately but other than the £25 bet in the CL-F, all these is using their money and not mine.

I'll take that any day  Pint Pint Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Monday, August 24, 2020, 08:27:23 »

Why on earth have you spread that across 3 posts?

I couldn't give a fuck what you stake nor what you win, I just found it quite amusing you named some horses with no mention of place or each way markets and then tried to claim you had a place treble up, that's all. You should start a twitter tipping account.

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: Monday, August 24, 2020, 12:02:45 »

Why on earth have you spread that across 3 posts?

I couldn't give a fuck what you stake nor what you win, I just found it quite amusing you named some horses with no mention of place or each way markets and then tried to claim you had a place treble up, that's all. You should start a twitter tipping account.

Because I hadn't seen RW-Ds comment and had already replied to you and was trying to watch the match, so couldn't be arsed to go back in and quote. Was quicker to just reply to that comment.

The later one was after the bet had settled and maybe I was tired?!

Ha, you clearly do give a fuck or you wouldn't have gone to the effort to find out the SPs. Don't spin that one Crispy boy  Wink

I used to use my TippingSports account a lot and did ok. The trouble with twitter tipping is that (understandably) everyone is more about short term gains and the volatility on that (and the responses) is incredibly high risk. Yet they don't seem to correlate the two if a high risk strategy doesn't pay off. The buck then stops at the tipster, to a degree. I go lower risk but you can't win with several punters then. They see a SR of 48% and think it's shite, but over a long period that is tough to maintain. I think I had a spell of three months where I stayed at about 57% but even then people turn their nose up. It's like they think a SR of 80+% is permanently realistic.

Like I say, I've pretty much always tipped/betted to place (where permitted) and generally read the form. I also used to have a fair bit of info when I lived on the doorstep of Andrew Balding's Yard. Many mornings and afternoons spent at the practice gallops watching certain horses and fairly decent bit of conversation with one or two stable girls/lads.

In any case, you don't have to follow my tips that I occasionally put up but this is the Tips thread so... ya know  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: