Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham 2020  (Read 45669 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 16:38:29 »

First time we've been on the same horse all week!

One last payday?

That means we'll both have a three legged shocker  Cheesy I have one more in my Canadian at 5.30 though. Could do with a winner tbh at 7s. Paloma Blue is one to watch and should get the better of Eclair De Beaufeu I think so have just stuck £5 e/w on that. Might be too much of a step up for Greaneteen right now, despite money behind it with good form.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 17:10:09 »

Well I called that totally wrong. Chosen Mate pulls through in the last couple where Paloma Blue was tracking and got squeezed. But the favourite claims it.

2nd Eclair De Beaufeu 6s(don't listen to me)
3rd Us And Them 10s
4th Greaneteen 5s
5th Theinval 55s

Told you Panda Paws. Think Lisp was 6th. Good run at 8/1 but not good enough. Showed promise two thirds in but then didn't push on. Will be in the frame more times than not in future. Was more disappointed with Paloma Blue in the end who finished about 10th.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 17:12:56 »

Right, i got 10.80 back from the Lucky 15. Last chance saloon. Who we picking?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 17:17:05 »

Last race i'm going for Ilikedwayurthinkin and Flash the Steel and Anything Will Do as outside bets.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 17:39:41 »

Indefatigable pushes strong when it looked like Pileon was about to claim it, after drama at the last fence with Column of Fire looking strong to win and had a horrible fall. Indefatigable wins it by a snout!

1st Indefatigable @25s
2nd Pileon @9s
3rd Great White Shark @66s
4th Happy Go Lucky @33s
5th The Bosses Oscar @11s

There were a lot of horses impeded in the CoF fall (My Sister Sarah fell too), including my pick Escaria Ten, who actually looked pretty good for a top five but faded to evade the fallers. If that provisional 5th is right then all good for you Quaggy with 2 wins and 3 places out of 6. Fruity. Enjoy your weekend you bastard  Wink

Both horses ok btw but that could've been a shin breaker for Column of Fire so glad they're ok.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 17:55:56 »

Paul Townend in great company between two great recent Jockeys, now pundits in Tony McCoy and Ruby Walsh. He surpasses what Walsh could never do. A double Gold Cup. That is some feat alone. Something very special there with Townend.

With the short term future of all sport under jeopardy, these kind of moments might be something to hold onto for a little while. This festival was only 2k down on spectators so no sign of people staying away. The only concern now is that there could be a good chunk of people now dispersing back across the country, carrying Covid-19.

I think what makes things look rather strange is there seems to be no blanket agreement from high up (at first) and things are left to individual entities to make that kind of call. I would say that is where Gov should step in and make that call. It wreaks of hypocrisy when a Government meeting of around 30 people is cancelled, due to this but an event with 60k people goes ahead.

Not to put a damper on the Festival I just think it's an error of judgement from the government in this particular area.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 22:04:35 »

Absolute shocker of a week. Down a lot for the weekend but I used some of the £550 I won on the horses last week so not massively downhearted.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 23:48:27 »

Was going to put some of my profit into tomorrow's football... looks like it'll be Albanian Division 3 where there's zero match fixing at all  :eek

With all this cancelled sport, the bookies will be losing out too. In the sense there will be very minimal money gained from the casual punters. This next few weeks could really be a time to beat the bookies. Because of what will be on, will have limited controls so random tennis matches in Bosnia or Pool in Peru etc (basically the not so regular markets) will be up for more exposure. Especially in the first few days to weeks as they won't be able to get a hold of all results "live" potentially and i'm sure there will be people within betting circles who have their links to delay some of this. Hmmm, interesting.

Anyone fancy jumping on a plane to to some "courtsiding", free mask included and 50/50 profit share?  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: