Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: pollyticks  (Read 9433 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 11:28:02 »

Don't know, but I do know myself and a few friends are all waiting for October payday to get ours, so perhaps best to judge it in a few months rather than week or so.

This is the basic problem...Swindon now has a low wage economy, whereby most people's earnings are tied up in paying high rates for basics like food, power, transport and housing.

This trend has been getting steadily worse over the recent past....so doesn't help STFC.

Justin Tomlinson though, thinks it's OK

He said: “There has been a massive increase in employment in Swindon. Most of those new jobs have been in retail centres that have opened.It isn’t that people’s wages have decreased, just that the new jobs have a slightly lower average wage.
  Smiley
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 11:40:13 »

Well said Reg, the people running the country are shielded from the problems - or don't even get out of London to see it for themselves!!  NHS staff not even getting the 1% pay rise they were promised just about sums up how the government think about the poor and low-waged!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 11:50:25 »

Well said Reg, the people running the country are shielded from the problems - or don't even get out of London to see it for themselves!!  NHS staff not even getting the 1% pay rise they were promised just about sums up how the government think about the poor and low-waged!

Playing devil's advocate, becausein an ideal world nurses would be on 100k, but IMO it shows how much the country is stuffed financially.

It was claimed today that the NHS trusts would have to sack thousands of nurses over the next two years just to cover 1%. How much of a pinch of salt you take that with is another matter.
kerry red

« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 11:55:00 »

I had £300 earmarked for 2 x 8-match tickets until the front bushes, 2 tyres and rear shocks needed to be replaced.

It's £176 for the tyres FFS!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 12:00:11 »

Playing devil's advocate, becausein an ideal world nurses would be on 100k, but IMO it shows how much the country is stuffed financially.

It was claimed today that the NHS trusts would have to sack thousands of nurses over the next two years just to cover 1%. How much of a pinch of salt you take that with is another matter.

Absolute bullshit. All public sector pay is frozen at 1%... except the MPs who are giving themselves 9%.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 12:20:07 »

Absolute bullshit. All public sector pay is frozen at 1%... except the MPs who are giving themselves 9%.
Except 50%+ of NHS workers who automatically get a 3% incremental annual rise anyway....

Just saying...

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 12:40:00 »

Yes in theory!!  They have refused to give the majority of NHS staff the 1% they were entitled to!!  The upper grades in the NHS are getting an increase, it is the staff on the wards etc. who are not going to get it!!  As for saying they cannot afford to pay it didn't Cameron tell the people of Somerset there was plenty of money to pay for the flood damage etc. - some fo the farmers have still not got all they were promised!!  The rich get richer, the poor just have to soldier on and suffer!!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 13:24:08 »

Public sector staff should get an 8 match package instead of a pay rise.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 13:38:37 »

Except 50%+ of NHS workers who automatically get a 3% incremental annual rise anyway....

Just saying...

If you can prove this, I'm listening. As far as I'm aware public sector workers haven't had the standard incremental rises for at least 4 years now. Maybe that's just where I work though.
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 13:50:01 »

If you can prove this, I'm listening. As far as I'm aware public sector workers haven't had the standard incremental rises for at least 4 years now. Maybe that's just where I work though.
It's been on the news all day chief.

It might be 45% though. That was the government's justification, another 1% on top was unaffordable. Those who don't get the 3% get 1%.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/health-29560083

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 13:55:40 »

Good for them. Still below inflation though so actually a pay cut.
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 13:59:26 »

Good for them. Still below inflation though so actually a pay cut.
Well it's not actually a pay cut though is it? The government haven't said they're reducing their wages by x% have they? They've just said we can't afford to give you more.

FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 15:09:29 »

Well it's not actually a pay cut though is it? The government haven't said they're reducing their wages by x% have they? They've just said we can't afford to give you more.
Yeah, but technically Jayo's right. Anything below inflation is a pay cut. In real terms you're money is worth less than it would have been a year ago if everything else has risen more than your wage increase.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 15:22:21 »

Yeah, but technically Jayo's right. Anything below inflation is a pay cut. In real terms you're money is worth less than it would have been a year ago if everything else has risen more than your wage increase.
Yeah but technically it's not a pay cut is it? Practically it may be but technically it's not.

FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 16:38:15 »

Yeah but technically it's not a pay cut is it? Practically it may be but technically it's not.
If you want to be pedantic then yes. My main point remains.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: