Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: pollyticks  (Read 9484 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2014, 16:06:23 »

Nobody seems to have factored in the annual increase in tax allowances etc which effectively gives you a small pay rise as well.

Inflation in September was 1.2% by the way, perhaps Herthab is more on point by using the term ‘cost of living’.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2014, 16:23:54 »

Nobody seems to have factored in the annual increase in tax allowances etc which effectively gives you a small pay rise as well.

Inflation in September was 1.2% by the way, perhaps Herthab is more on point by using the term ‘cost of living’.

I always measure economic well being in beer tokens....so it goes something like this.  Can I afford to go out say 4 or 5 nights a week, and drink about 4 or 5 pints?  If yes, then all good, if no then  Sad

The tax allowance thing would approximate to a pint a week, if not taken up by the rise in other bills.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2014, 17:02:27 »

No.

You said that technically it's a pay cut. Technically they've been given a pay rise of between 1% and 3%. That is not technically a fucking pay cut, it's a fucking pay rise.

Stop being a fucking wazzock.
Yes I did. You then corrected me and said practically it was a pay cut which I agree with. I then stated that in real terms it still classes as a pay decrease due to the cost of living so the point I was alluding to was still correct. Then you started shouting and took it all a little bit too seriously. Chill out.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2014, 18:42:45 »

Except 3% is easily above inflation on all accounts (RPI and CPI). RPI is probably the better measure for cost of living.

1% is below both measures however. But then you could consider the annual allowance increases also contribute too.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2014, 19:50:48 »

CPI is probably the employers choice  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: