Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: LinkSport new site  (Read 17035 times)
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 18:19:46 »

Thanks all the same, but I'd rather not...
Don't worry Reg, I won't be doing a fashion comment piece on Harry Agombar's latest get-up.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #61 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 18:24:28 »

Will look into that. We get very stuck with our own viewing preferences.

From now on all RSS news feeds will be posted such that they will automatically be marked as read and won't appear in the recent topics list and unread post list. But it's fairly obvious where to go for the news hopefully.

You can read and reply as normal. This applies to everyone.

Edit: Topics will still appear in Recent Topics but will show as read.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 18:42:42 »

Don't worry Reg, I won't be doing a fashion comment piece on Harry Agombar's latest get-up.
Yeah but we could all benefit from the latest on Kim Kardashian and her arse...

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 20:26:07 »

I like the idea of the site....I'm not a huge fan of the layout though. Looks a little busy to me. It's a good starter though.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 21:38:17 »

That's a very good point. However, I'm of the belief that genuinely interesting writing/reporting of off-diary events/opinion pieces are almost as engaging for fans of one specific club as daily news content. This is why it can be very hard to keep a readership interested by words from manager/players from organised press conferences alone. Modern local print journalism doesn't have the capacity to expand into more interest/colour/opinion pieces because there simply isn't the time (from experience).

That's where the web gazumps it. Local papers don't have to keel over, they just have to be open to becoming web-savvy and web orientated, we'll get to a point where the last print-only generation is sadly no longer with us - that might have already happened/be in the process of happening.

I feel if there's good quality, at least slightly informed writing out there, that is still a valuable and interesting commodity. If that writing can be delivered with no specific timeframe it suits the audience. Maybe I'm wrong. Obviously I hope not.
Completely agree with that. It's much like opening the Sunday sports pages - the editorial pieces are usually far more interesting than cliché-ridden, meaningless, media-trained soundbites from managers. If you've a Di Canio on hand for quotes, it's a slightly different story, but Cooper does things rather differently, to put it mildly. Hopefully there is a market for the more informed pieces amongst the broader fanbase. Good work and all the best with it.

P.S a nice long Fraser interview would be great. Clichéd anecdotes from the early 90s would be fine by me in that instance.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 21:59:37 »

There is (or was) a multi part digby interview on the washbag a few years ago

Things get better but they never get good
kerry red

« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 04:27:55 »

Problem with LinkSport site at moment
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 05:46:12 »

Here is that Digby interview - in six long parts.
http://thewashbag.com/2012/08/03/thewashbag-meets-fraser-digby-part-1/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: