Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: LinkSport new site  (Read 17021 times)
kerry red

« on: Friday, September 5, 2014, 19:25:42 »

Good piece from Sam in his new guise

http://swindonlinksport.com/swindon_sports_news/sam-morshead
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, September 5, 2014, 20:03:45 »

Can a mod get the News Monkey onto him? He's a bit more literate than his successors at the Adver.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, September 5, 2014, 20:17:04 »

Can a mod get the News Monkey onto him? He's a bit more literate than his successors at the Adver.

Still can't spell properly mind....sleight-of-hand....it's sleight-of-hand
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 12:07:19 »

Is this possible ? Advers lack on 'news' this week is boring, atleast Sa mcomes up with something remotely interesting to fill column spaces
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 13:02:52 »

Is this possible ? Advers lack on 'news' this week is boring, atleast Sa mcomes up with something remotely interesting to fill column spaces

You should write for them.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 20:57:08 »

I'm going to start posting pieces on here manually soon. Come on Monkey, give us a chance.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 21:01:38 »

I should add it's entirely our fault why it might not be possible, and that should be sorted soon.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 21:32:17 »

I should add it's entirely our fault why it might not be possible, and that should be sorted soon.

Sam, how is this enterprise funding itself? There doesn't seem to be any advertising or sponsorship. Is it just something you're doing out of the kindness of your heart?

..never go back.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 21:40:18 »

Sam, how is this enterprise funding itself? There doesn't seem to be any advertising or sponsorship. Is it just something you're doing out of the kindness of your heart?
The site will have advertising introduced very shortly, we had to get an idea of the numbers we could "command" first. That said, the gent who owns it is a Swindon lad and very keen to give the town a diverse and digital-savvy media outlet out of the goodness of his incredibly big heart*
*contractually obligated comment
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, September 13, 2014, 01:38:28 »

It'll be like the Swindon Echo...took on the Adver with a selling line of colour centrefolds of Maurice Owen.... Smiley
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, September 13, 2014, 07:01:13 »

The site will have advertising introduced very shortly, we had to get an idea of the numbers we could "command" first. That said, the gent who owns it is a Swindon lad and very keen to give the town a diverse and digital-savvy media outlet out of the goodness of his incredibly big heart*
*contractually obligated comment

Sam - On a technical issue, I tried to visit your site on my phone (EE/TMobile) but encountered a 'content block' (due to 'adult content' FFS!)  In order to get the block removed (and prove I'm over 18), they want me to give them my credit card details.  They can f**k right off!  You might want to get your techies to look into that, if it's going to stop people accessing your site.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, September 13, 2014, 07:09:05 »

Sam, sort out an RSS feed for the site and the monkey will dance.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, September 13, 2014, 08:40:31 »

You can use this for the time being until their techies sort it out.

https://feedity.com/swindonlinksport-com/VVZWVFVQ.rss
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 13, 2014, 08:51:08 by Samdy Gray » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, September 13, 2014, 10:13:02 »

Thanks Samdy, FLIC added.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, September 13, 2014, 19:32:11 »

Sam - On a technical issue, I tried to visit your site on my phone (EE/TMobile) but encountered a 'content block' (due to 'adult content' FFS!)  In order to get the block removed (and prove I'm over 18), they want me to give them my credit card details.  They can f**k right off!  You might want to get your techies to look into that, if it's going to stop people accessing your site.
Odd. Quite right for you to tell them to f**k right off with that. I'll get the people who know how to do something about it to do something about it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: