Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: LinkSport new site  (Read 16890 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #30 on: Sunday, September 14, 2014, 20:27:50 »

Hopefully the Adver will just die. Awful for years and getting worse.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, September 14, 2014, 20:29:20 »

True.  But the passing (if it does carry on going downhill) of a Swindon institution like the Adver is nothing to celebrate really.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, September 14, 2014, 21:11:14 »

True.  But the passing (if it does carry on going downhill) of a Swindon institution like the Adver is nothing to celebrate really.
And print media with it.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 12:37:15 »

Its a bit crowded,  Adver, FLIC and Link all covering the local sport on the net.

What, or where did FLIC come from? Nothing against them, but they just sort of appeared and I wondered if they were a full time affair, nationally owned, or a similar local but competitor of Link.

I beleive FLIC is a young lad (andrew Steele Davis) that is trying to make a name for himself and is learning the ropes by covering stfc whom he supports, I believe it is run from his family home and is owned by his parents. I think he has his press passes etc. Last season with the fallout with Sam I think stfc were helping him out by giving him exclusives so getting his rit rate up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 12:43:31 »

Oh right, thanks.  Well good luck to him.

Not happy with the club's treatment of the Adver mind. Personally I thought Sam played it too much as the clubs mouthpiece anyway through fear of getting frozen out. Particullarily when BS Jed was around and their were a lot of unanswered questions. But he got frozen out anyway...

Did we every find out what the 1940's debt was all about or what happened to the fianancial audit (assuming this was not simply what led to the 'missing money' allogation).
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 12:54:40 »

I beleive FLIC is a young lad (andrew Steele Davis) that is trying to make a name for himself and is learning the ropes by covering stfc whom he supports, I believe it is run from his family home and is owned by his parents. I think he has his press passes etc. Last season with the fallout with Sam I think stfc were helping him out by giving him exclusives so getting his rit rate up.
FLIC is owned by Mark Neilson (local construction/boxing promotion etc) - he bought it off a guy called Daniel Webb a couple of years ago. They employ Andrew but not many others. He's press accredited etc for games. Works very hard in a pretty tough role.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #36 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 13:08:00 »

That Daniel Webb is a fucking bellend.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 13:11:17 »

FLIC is owned by Mark Neilson (local construction/boxing promotion etc) - he bought it off a guy called Daniel Webb a couple of years ago. They employ Andrew but not many others. He's press accredited etc for games. Works very hard in a pretty tough role.

Consider me corrected, my info was wrong - should have checked with my sauces  Smiley
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 14:20:47 »

Nice to be tracking all the news sources - thx mods - but as noted elsewhere, there are now so many of them that they'll begin to swamp the home page, pushing TEF discussion out of sight. Is there a way to resolve this? Just have a menu link to the news feeds, and keep the front page for TEF content? From a tech point of view, could a news item then come onto the forum home page only if someone comments on it?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 15:12:57 »

He did have his own company, not sure what happened to it.. but FLIC isn't his, he just works for them. He's a lovely guy, massive Town fan as you rightly pointed out and he works very hard. Wish he'd stop using every cliché under the sun though!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #40 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 15:14:43 »

Nice to be tracking all the news sources - thx mods - but as noted elsewhere, there are now so many of them that they'll begin to swamp the home page, pushing TEF discussion out of sight. Is there a way to resolve this? Just have a menu link to the news feeds, and keep the front page for TEF content? From a tech point of view, could a news item then come onto the forum home page only if someone comments on it?

My pleasure. Makes it much easier to just come here and have all the links available so it was driven by laziness on my part Smiley

I never use the homepage so was unaware of this. I'll see what I can do.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 15:22:17 »

Yep, agree with this it looks as if our simian friend, is just talking to himself.  Further, why is he/she not Harbinger of Doom any longer....damn  Clap
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #42 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 15:24:11 »

Been playing, doesn't look like there's an easy way to differentiate between 'normal' posts and News Monkey posts.

I can take the Linksport and Washbag posts out again if they're annoying everyone?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 15:27:55 »

Been playing, doesn't look like there's an easy way to differentiate between 'normal' posts and News Monkey posts.

I can take the Linksport and Washbag posts out again if they're annoying everyone?

Is there no way of just linking in to Linksport and Washbag once....and then being able to look at the individual things from their menu?
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 15:31:56 »

I never use the homepage so was unaware of this. I'll see what I can do.

Same, I use - http://thetownend.com/index.php?action=unread as default.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: