Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power, budgets and finances  (Read 51771 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 15:41:26 »

We have 2 links down under 1 is the obvious with Massimo breaking into the Aussie squad and them wanting to mould a team around him, and the other is a certain Dave Mitchell who has managed out there, although he is not manager of a team at the moment
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 15:53:18 »

You honestly thought Jed was anything but a bullshitter on a big day out?
Spot on.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 18:16:51 »

Yeah, but who really cares what Dave Kitson thinks about football anyway?
He played for Pox and the Biscuitmen - he would obviously hold the clubs he played for in contempt

Doesn't mean Power would do at all!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 19:12:16 »

Danny Invincibile is coming back.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 19:14:23 »

Whilst addition investment, if there aren't any catches, would be just lovely I really like the financial model Power has adopted and hope it one we stick to for years to come.

Then again I trust Power 100% to do what's best.

I might be developing a man crush here
Flashheart

« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 19:27:30 »

A part of me really likes the big spending philosophies. Of course it's risky but it's also exciting and usually lots of fun.

The thing is though that Mr. Power seems to be bringing us the excitement and fun without the risk associated with big spending philosophies*

*(Standard disclaimers apply)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 08:26:43 »

I'd take this all with a pinch of salt. For all we know, it could have been a throwaway line from Power.

Why invest money in a football club? (1) Because you either expect a return on your investment or think there is a good chance of securing a return, (2) because you want to own it and enjoy running the club - (see Lansdown, Madjeski et al) or (3) because you've so much money that it's a drop in the ocean (Abrahmovic) or (4) a money laundering exercise!(Abrahmovic) - or a combination of any of the above.

I suspect Power falls between 1 and 2. Better than shysters of years gone by that have fallen v much in '1', without putting money in. Black, Arbib, Fitton and Wray, I suspect, were a combination of 1, 2 and 3.

An Aussie investor? I can't see the motivation.

And after all that, it's probably worth a mention that Ian Crook, Norwich stalwart of the late 80s and early 90s, and at Carrow Rd for the duration of Power's time there - has been in Australia for years, and is currently assistant manager at Western Sydney Wanderers - and was manager at Sydney FC at the same time the forward we had on trial was there. Maybe a contact, but I would doubt he'd personally have money to get excited about.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 10:02:02 »

I reckon he's tupping that rich Mining bird who's a Susan Boyle look-alike to encourage her to invest half a billion quid in the club. Taking one for the team Lee, respect.

kerry red

« Reply #203 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 16:13:15 »

Seems like Cooper doesn't think Power is after flogging off any players in January.

Be a Brucie Bonus, that
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, December 6, 2014, 00:04:14 »

Why do people assume the potential investor is actually Australian? Just because they are meeting there doesnt mean its an Aussie based investor. Whoever it is Power must be keen to fly to the other side of the world for talks.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, December 6, 2014, 09:23:04 »

Might just be sponsorship anyway and not a major investment
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, December 6, 2014, 09:25:03 »

Maybe a groundshare?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up
Print