Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power, budgets and finances  (Read 51984 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 09:48:47 »

Oooh, some potentially exciting news.

I guess having an Australian International here creates some interest and buzz 'down under'

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 09:50:09 »

It's great to see Lee Power now getting a lot of credit - whether this investment comes off or not - it was only a few months ago when he was portrayed as the big bad bogeyman by several posters on here!
REDBUCK

« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 10:02:18 »

Maybe he's talking to Murdoch.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 10:05:31 »

It's great to see Lee Power now getting a lot of credit - whether this investment comes off or not - it was only a few months ago when he was portrayed as the big bad bogeyman by several posters on here!

Very true.

I, like Batch and others, am quite bouyed by this news but do wonder what they will want from the club in return, there is a lot of money down under and its a good market to tap into, maybe one of the owners of a club has some spare funds to put in and tie in a deal as an affiliate club with both clubs benefiting from exchange of talent etc.

I know...slightly wishful thinking but I always keep my fingers crossed for extra funding at our club to improve the playing staff/ground etc but without the violent excesses of the mad Italian, which Power would never go for anyway.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 10:09:55 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 10:07:29 »

I like Batch and others

And we like you too, JJ  Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 10:09:33 »

And we like you too, JJ  Smiley
Oops missed a comma but yeah its all good Smiley changed Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 10:22:50 »

Power has generally always said that 'the football club is the priority'. So he won't put the club itself at risk which is a positive.
Or, to be more accurate, he says he won't. I don't think he will either, but past history at this club shows there's a risk in taking what people say they'll do as gospel about what they actually do.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 10:23:44 »

Don't drop your guard. Let's wait to hear more about this new investment.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 10:23:53 »

creates some interest and buzz 'down under'
Yes, but you can get a variety of effective creams for that if it becomes a problem
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 10:25:43 »

Don't drop your guard. Let's wait to hear more about this new investment.
+1. Pleased and if it comes off positively for the club then Power deserves all the credit in the world, but I'll wait and see how it pans out before getting the garlands out, thanks
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 10:28:25 »

Sounds exciting, but I remain sceptical really. Best way to be when it comes to STFC!
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 10:31:31 »

Or, to be more accurate, he says he won't. I don't think he will either, but past history at this club shows there's a risk in taking what people say they'll do as gospel about what they actually do.

Good point. But so far Power hasn't done anything like that. All the bad stuff that's come about while he's been here was the doing of Jed.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 10:32:53 »

Guarded caution always the best approach with STFC matters.

I really like and admire what Power has done so far at the club, without this investment, he's taken us further than anyone imagined, so what he could do with a bit of cash behind him is potentially very exciting indeed.

But, initially, he thought Jed was a man to be trusted, so his judgement with people isn't always spot on.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 10:48:03 »

Good point. But so far Power hasn't done anything like that. All the bad stuff that's come about while he's been here was the doing of Jed.
He's battling a chequered history.

Brady seemed good until it became apparent donnegan and blatchley were likely spending the creditors money on champagne and helicopter rides.

Sir seaton seemed like the ideal backer until it became apparent that fat controller was taking the piss.

Jed seemed good until it became apparent he was full of shit and a blagger.

Even the best intentioned ownership of Fitton and co ended in tears and black stitched us up  with his exit strategy.

It's stuff like that that makes the old farts like me nervous. Power has seemed to be a brilliant breath of fresh air that has turned the club into a sustainable competitive entity. But...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 10:54:37 »

He's battling a chequered history.

Brady seemed good until it became apparent donnegan and blatchley were likely spending the creditors money on champagne and helicopter rides.

Sir seaton seemed like the ideal backer until it became apparent that fat controller was taking the piss.

Jed seemed good until it became apparent he was full of shit and a blagger.

Even the best intentioned ownership of Fitton and co ended in tears and black stitched us up  with his exit strategy.

It's stuff like that that makes the old farts like me nervous. Power has seemed to be a brilliant breath of fresh air that has turned the club into a sustainable competitive entity. But...

You honestly thought Jed was anything but a bullshitter on a big day out?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: