Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football League shake up proposals  (Read 25805 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 18:15:09 »

haha, Danny Mills using our "link" with Spurs as an example of the partnership system
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 19:39:44 »

It's all about success for England at the World Cup and it really is narrow minded to put your club ahead of your country.  Surely success at the World Cup for England is worth some sacrifice?

England's best performance at the World Cup since 1966, came in 1990 when they reached the semi finals and only lost by the lottery of penalties.

This achievement came on the back of 5 years with English clubs out (banned) of all European competition, so hard though it may be, I'm sure we would all support the top 5 PL clubs doing their patriotic duty and sacrificing the Champions League for the next 5 years.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 19:59:59 »

Jesus! I barely know where to start with this. I can hardly believe that a collection of former footballers and people involved with the game can seem to have so little appreciation of the feelings of fans.

I don't think I've ever found myself cheering on Steve bloody Claridge in an argument before. Danny Mills what a clueless fucking twat.

There are two phrases that generally let you know that someone has based an argument of utter fucking bollocks and Mills used them both:

"Something has to be done" - translate as "We have to do something, anything whether it works or not"
"Everybody knows / everybody agrees" - with no evidence to fucking back it up.

For your information Mills two things:

One - Show me some fucking evidence that indicates that the number of English players in the top flight has anything at all to do with the England teams performance in international competition, because anyone with access to the internet can see that there's no bloody correlation whatsoever.

Two - who is this everybody that thinks we need more English players in the Premier League. Fans of PL clubs seem perfectly happy having international stars form all over the world turning out for their sides and the rest of us don't really give a fuck frankly.

..never go back.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 20:17:34 »

Jesus! I barely know where to start with this. I can hardly believe that a collection of former footballers and people involved with the game can seem to have so little appreciation of the feelings of fans.
Or indeed the youth development system they claim to be trying to improve by this bag of shite.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 20:54:59 »

Why are people surprised ex-footballers have gone along with this? Ex, and current footballers are not known for their logical thinking and supreme intelligence.

They've been used as pawns here. A few will probably be hung out to dry, and so they should be.
Oxfordhater

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 21:03:59 »

Bring back capital punishment for Dyke and his commission.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 21:08:19 »

Can't see this getting passed. Remember a few years ago they considered abolishing the draw and ending the game with a clear winner via a penalty shoot out. No chance of this happening!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 21:37:10 »

The only encouraging thing to come from this was the 'strategic loan partnership' idea. The tie up we have with Spurs has worked reasonably well for us and the likes of Pritchard and Mason have benefitted from experience in competitive football.

A proper partnership could see players loaned for more than a season or released to the lower club with a favourable buy back clause if the player shines. Maybe lower level clubs could receive a share of a future transfer fee if they improve a loan player over the period of the loan.

The B Team idea is just tosh and would ruin the integrity of the Football League. Clubs outside the Premier have been shafted for 20 odd years. We are happy with our competition and the ability to move through the leagues. Having Man U B block your chances of promotion isn't my idea of a fair competition. Look at the likes of Norwich, Hull, Stoke and Southampton who we have played since dropping out of the Championship level in 2001. The League has always been about that and this could destroy the very thing that attracted the TV millions in the first place.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 21:42:35 »

I will boycott any game, home or away, that involves STFC vs the 'B' team of any club in a supposedly competitive fixture.  Why?  It would be meaningless.  If they were going to let folk in for free, then maybe.  But it would not be worth any of anyone's money to watch.

The FA have ballsed up here.  In time, they will realise this.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 21:45:43 »

The League 3 plan for Premier League B teams is as popular decision by the FA as letting Wimbledon move to Milton Keynes to become Franchise.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
scollenstfc

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 21:50:19 »

To me, it feels like this has been building for a while and is the whole reason why the EPPP was brought in in the first place. At the time the EPPP seemed like a daft way to get young footballers into reserve teams at the expense of those in the lower leagues. Now it seems that the EPPP and a 'B' league go hand in hand, prem and championship teams get young players on the cheap from the FL, and then give them their own style of training and playing regular competitive games without ever running the risk of spending big money or big wages.

The FA would never had got away with bringing the 2 in together hence the slight gap in between the 2. Although there is also the possibility I'm talking crap and the 2 are completely unrelated  Huh?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 21:58:37 »

Greg Dyke formed a committee that needed to justify its existence by producing a 'deliverable'.  That's basically what this will be about.  It's how most shit decisions are made.
Flashheart

« Reply #72 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 22:06:51 »

I think we'd all agree that sending young players to the lower leagues to aid their development is a good idea. But don't we do that already? I think lower league clubs would probably use loan players more often if it weren't for the fact that many of them are just not good enough. For every James Milner there's a shed-load more Moses Ashikode's and Daniel Boatengs. It's more miss than hit.

Making lower league clubs take on players will cause the lower leagues to become flooded with sub-standard players, which will in turn make the lower leagues less competitive. This means that those players that do have potential will be going to play in leagues that are less competitive than they would otherwise have been.

Somebody's not thought it through properly.
Flashheart

« Reply #73 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 22:20:11 »

Or in short.

English football has something that, as far as I'm aware, nobody else does. Which is competitive lower leagues in which they can develop their youngsters.

And they want to effectively do away with it? They should be looking to take advantage of it!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 23:08:12 »

Can't see this getting passed. Remember a few years ago they considered abolishing the draw and ending the game with a clear winner via a penalty shoot out. No chance of this happening!

It will be passed unless there is a revolt at grassroots level.....unfortunately this mirrors the situation in the country, the Tory's mantra of "we're all in this together" being replicated in the FA's "we're doing this for the England team". Newspeak, for the poor will have to pay for the rich.

Can you imagine either of our 2 wannabe owners, turning their noses up at a couple of mill being chucked their way, because of the cultural heritage of STFC?     No....nor can I.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: