Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football League shake up proposals  (Read 25849 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 10:02:04 »

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/new-league-structure-to-include-fictional-football-teams-2014050986422

I would go to see us against Melchester Rovers.

Never knowingly overstated.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 10:06:58 »

Apologies posted at same time as M Wooley, didn't see his post.

Great minds and all that
So  many unanswered questions with these proposals . Doesn't sound like been thought through at all
iffy

« Reply #92 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 10:08:09 »

Don't you remember back in the 70s and 80s when the English top flight was made up of predominantly English players, and we won all those World Cups?!

Also, Spain had B teams when they were shit.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 11:08:45 »

http://lutontownamerica.com/index.php/the-fa-commission-controversary/

Raises some interesting points despite being written by a couple of Luton bloggers
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 11:15:12 »

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Sunshine-Room/
Barry Scott

« Reply #95 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 12:46:33 »

I firmly believe these proposals would end professional lower league football. And when it happens within a generation, sadly, no one will give a flying fuck.

There'll be one league, they'll get all the money, all the players (and won't have to worry about giving money to lower leagues/clubs and other shit outside of their interests) and the lower leagues will be but a footnote in Association Football history.

Eradicate the lower leagues == decrease expenditure and increase support and income.
kerry red

« Reply #96 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 14:05:55 »

What about the financial restrictions imposed on League clubs - which we fell foul of for breaking the wage cap..

How the hell can PL reserve players already on thousands per week be 'equalised' to present a level playing field with genuine lower league footballers?

And - personally I would imagine  a lot of these PL starlets would have to endure a damn good kicking most weeks from some gnarled old pro. Is that what PL clubs really want for their precious babes?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 14:44:21 »

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but aren't these proposals potentially going to be counterproductive? Surely you won't be able to have a B and loan players to other clubs so whereas PL league clubs loan better young players to Championship sides are the now going to have to play for some league 3 B team instead so actually a backward step from where things are now. These proposals just don't stack up and are up there with the type of stupid ideas the FA are have thought previously.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 15:46:23 »

I would go to see us against Melchester Rovers.

Or Fulchester United!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #99 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 18:28:33 »

Where do you start with this fucking abomination. How the fuck is this supposed to help the national team.
Which 10 teams will be allowed to play B teams? What about the 11th or 12th team when a rich owner turns up and they become the new Blackburn / Chelsea / Man C. The prem teams will want them to play at the highest level so I'd imagine they will over time form the top 10 of the Championship so effectively the 11th placed team could get promoted to the Prem. What if one of these 10 got relegated, would they then have to fuck around with the leagues.
Where will they play. Will they take support away from lower league clubs ala Franchise cunts.
This really is the most brainless fucking stupid idea to have come from the FA - much worse than their 39th game.
This fucking complete and utter contempt for the 72 and the Conference clubs makes my fucking blood boil. . Stopping lower league clubs playing non EU nationals is the way forward. I thought top clubs had found a way around this anyway by placing young players in clubs other EU countries getting them naturalised as EU citizens. They can afford to do it, we can't.
I would like to do a big fat dirty shit on the document and hand it to that bellend Dyke.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 18:34:01 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27340850

Story asking 'would a b league produce more Xavis and Iniestas?'

My answer - I dont give a fuck if it would.  They aren't going to play for my team are they.  They arent going to be Duncan Shearers, Alan Mcloughlins, Paul Bodins, Colin Calderwoods, players who are going to play for my club for more that 5 minutes.

Football isnt all about the big 4 / 5.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27340856

And the premier league twat in chief also thinks its a stupid idea.

Never knowingly overstated.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 18:59:12 »

Other than 2010, Spain have done no better than us at the World cup. Maybe they aren't good because of their football structure. Maybe that just got a fucking good bunch of players regardless. Like France did. Lets not pretend Spain have the answers, not yet. Come back when they have replicated over time.

The Germans aren't bad at winning things. Yet I'm told they are ditching their B-Teams.

Brazil are even better at it. Is there success due to B teams? Do they even have them?

Lastly Danny Mills is a fucking prick of cunt. Who thought it would be good to let this no mark open his gob with shite like 'Hartlepool Utd fans would rather see Pools play a Manchester Utd B'.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 19:04:55 »

Other than 2010, Spain have done no better than us at the World cup. Maybe they aren't good because of their football structure. Maybe that just got a fucking good bunch of players regardless. Like France did. Lets not pretend Spain have the answers, not yet. Come back when they have replicated over time.

The Germans aren't bad at winning things. Yet I'm told they are ditching their B-Teams.

Brazil are even better at it. Is there success due to B teams? Do they even have them?

Lastly Danny Mills is a fucking prick of cunt. Who thought it would be good to let this no mark open his gob with shite like 'Hartlepool Utd fans would rather see Pools play a Manchester Utd B'.
What the fuck do you know? Your only a fan and not even a fan of an important club. Your views are irrelevant.
(The above is how I imagine Dyke's thought process).
It's telling that neither The Conference or supporters groups were consulted during this whole clusterfuck.

It's All Good..............
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 19:07:36 »

Or Fulchester United!

What league wouldn't benefit from a large breasted winger? Quite simply if it happens it will finish football as a major spectator sport after 10 years or so Imo. Can guarantee there would be no promotions from league 1 to the championship, that will be their answer to avoid "confusion".
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 19:07:48 »

How I imagine Dyke's thought process is either: This is what I want to say, now I need to make up shit to justify it

or

I'll propose something so preposterous they'll have to accept what I really want (Prem B/feeder club/whatever)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: