Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football League shake up proposals  (Read 25776 times)

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, May 10, 2014, 18:37:04 »

Slight flaw...if we participate in the Champions League we can't limit the number of foreigners in a squad
of course it's flawed under current rules..fuck them though,they need changing
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, May 10, 2014, 19:36:18 »

Let kids learn how to win instead of all taking part.

Oddly one of the criticism aimed at kid's football in England, by those in the know, is that there is too much emphasis on winning, and not enough on developing skills for fun.

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, May 10, 2014, 19:47:30 »

Oddly one of the criticism aimed at kid's football in England, by those in the know, is that there is too much emphasis on winning, and not enough on developing skills for fun.
which is bollocks. Let the best know they are the best and push them on further.
For too long shit kids have been told well done etc, when they should be told to do something else.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 10, 2014, 19:49:12 by arriba » Logged
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, May 10, 2014, 19:56:01 »

which is bollocks. Let the best know they are the best and push them on further.
For too long shit kids have been told well done etc, when they should be told to do something else.

Which is bollocks. Are you saying a 9 year old should forget about football because he's not that good and is in a losing team? Do you not think that with better coaching a 'shit kid' could become good?

I hope you're not a teacher. Or a parent.

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, May 10, 2014, 20:01:47 »

Which is bollocks. Are you saying a 9 year old should forget about football because he's not that good and is in a losing team? Do you not think that with better coaching a 'shit kid' could become good?

I hope you're not a teacher. Or a parent.
at 9 you'd be able to tell if they are good or not. Nothing to do with the team they are in. Infact the team may well be holding a decent kid back.
Yeah I'm a parent. Shit kids are shit kids. Holding good ones back.giving everyone a go often means talented kids have to wait their turn to be fair to others.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 10, 2014, 20:04:45 by arriba » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, May 10, 2014, 20:06:36 »

at 9 you'd be able to tell if they are good or not. Nothing to do with the team they are in. Infact the team may well be holding a decent kid back.
Yeah I'm a parent. Shit kids are shit kids. Holding good ones back.giving everyone a go often means talented kids have to wait their turn to be fair to others.

That's bollocks,  the only lad I went to school with who played eventually to a high standard was good at that age but in no way the best of the group.

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, May 10, 2014, 20:10:47 »

That's bollocks,  the only lad I went to school with who played eventually to a high standard was good maybe he was better all along. at that age but in no way the best of the group.
in who's opinion?maybe they were wrong?

leftside

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, May 10, 2014, 20:16:56 »

So you tell the shit kids to get lost and never play football again and fill your kids' team with poached talent from elsewhere? Do you advise the Premier League?

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, May 10, 2014, 20:18:48 »

So you tell the shit kids to get lost and never play football again and fill your kids' team with poached talent from elsewhere? Do you advise the Premier League?
what the fuck are you on about?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, May 10, 2014, 20:22:29 »

in who's opinion?maybe they were wrong?

Exactly,  you cannot establish who is and isn't good at that age so I don't understand your comment that kids should be told to give up just to support those considered the best?

My little contact with kids football these days is scary,  presently have two acquaintances on Facebook getting very aggro as little darling has been dropped from the others team!
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, May 10, 2014, 20:30:06 »

what the fuck are you on about?

You said shit kids should be told to do something else and that in effect only kids with talent should play football. I disagree. I think a kid who may be shit at age 9 could become a kid with talent at age 10.

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, May 10, 2014, 20:30:22 »

Exactly,  you cannot establish who is and isn't good at that age so I don't understand your comment that kids should be told to give up just to support those considered the best?

My little contact with kids football these days is scary,  presently have two acquaintances on Facebook getting very aggro as little darling has been dropped from the others team!
which goes back to my point about idiots being called coaches.
There are kids teams everywhere that give boys
 equal time as their parents all pay their subs.
Why should a lad that dribbled the ball passed 3 kids and smacks the ball in net then stand a watch a kid whose parents get excited when he toe punts the ball out for a throw in with his only touch of the game?
The let everyone have a go attitudeonly suits the losers 

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, May 10, 2014, 20:32:52 »

You said shit kids should be told to do something else and that in effect only kids with talent should play football. I disagree. I think a kid who may be shit at age 9 could become a kid with talent at age 10.
no chance. It's there or it aint.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, May 10, 2014, 21:45:59 »

Why should a lad that dribbled the ball passed 3 kids and smacks the ball in net then stand a watch a kid whose parents get excited when he toe punts the ball out for a throw in with his only touch of the game?

Maybe because on the other 99 out of 100 times that kid tries going it alone he loses the ball?

I see it all the time watching my nephew play. Those kids aren't anywhere near as good as their parents think they are.

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, May 10, 2014, 22:10:51 »

Maybe because on the other 99 out of 100 times that kid tries going it alone he loses the ball?

I see it all the time watching my nephew play. Those kids aren't anywhere near as good as their parents think they are.
you either miss point deliberately or I aint explained clearly. Either way I can't be arsed to elaborate
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: