Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Supporters' Trust Statement on Court Case  (Read 29660 times)
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 15:06:41 »

Presumably you feel the same about Pompeys supporters trust, and Swanseas, etc etc.

Have a read here if you seriously want to know, or just keep being a dickhead on the internet, up to you

http://www.truststfc.com/overview/

Jayo is clearly being deliberately provocative but he does have a point to some extent.  They are a bit up themselves.

"3.To further the development of the game of football nationally and internationally and the upholding of its rules;" is not really a credible goal for a small group of supporters of a small third division club.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 15:09:12 »

And your comparison to Swansea and Portsmouth doesn't really stand up, they actually own significant proportions of their club
Flashheart

« Reply #47 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 15:09:45 »

Jayo is clearly being deliberately provocative but he does have a point to some extent.  They are a bit up themselves.

"3.To further the development of the game of football nationally and internationally and the upholding of its rules;" is not really a credible goal for a small group of supporters of a small third division club.

STFC trust: The saviours of world football
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #48 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 15:16:46 »

Yeah i'll buy everyone a Trust Pizza. It's like a normal pizza only the bread is stale and there's no topping.

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 15:20:42 »

And your comparison to Swansea and Portsmouth doesn't really stand up, they actually own significant proportions of their club

20% Swansea
100% Pompey
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #50 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 15:26:33 »

And just look how well Pompey are doing.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 15:26:48 »

Yeah i'll buy everyone a Trust Pizza. It's like a normal pizza only the bread is stale and there's no topping.

There is topping, they just can't tell you what it is as there was an agreement to keep it secret

[/satire]
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #52 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 15:28:08 »

I think the problem with the Trust (and this is not any fault of the people on the board) is that there is a clear conflict of interest. It’s an independent body which has no relationship with the club and has to forcefully struggle cuddle a way in now and again. At the same time there is obviously the need to do release such statements to underpin the fact that it is an organisation who has the fans’ interests at the core of it.

I think a lot of people recognise the Trust could potentially be a good thing and we’re probably not helping by being apathetic, but when the crunch comes what can the Trust realistically impact? If the Trust was a football team they would be regular mid-table finishers who nobody cares about

(except that one season where we gunned for promotion and bottled it).
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #53 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 15:29:37 »

We were all members during the bad times, nearly 1000 of us. What did we actually achieve?
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 15:30:18 »

Pompey trust own the controlling interest.

But anyway, my point was they had to start somewhere, they didn't own anything when they were founded, they only way they achieved what they had was because the fans bought into the concept.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 15:30:42 »

There is topping, they just can't tell you what it is as there was an agreement to keep it secret

[/satire]

PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 15:31:27 »

We were all members during the bad times, nearly 1000 of us. What did we actually achieve?

Pressure on Diamond Mike and Wills which forced them to sell up, ok not to the Trust, but the club, at least until last January, was a lot better off for it

Flashheart

« Reply #57 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 15:32:53 »

[/satire]

Grin

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 15:35:36 »

Only money will give the trust any type of clout.
Without it they are just a boil on the boards arse.
I don't want to sound like I'm running them down as I'm not. Get someone with money behind you and buy the club. My pipe dream is that.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 15:37:36 »

And just look how well Pompey are doing.

Mid table in League , 10k season ticket holders isn't a terrible start, sure they can build on it. Long term they are in a much better position than when they were being traded and loaded with debt by a succession of shysters.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: