Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Supporters' Trust Statement on Court Case  (Read 28990 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #15 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 11:40:59 »

I find myself agreeing with Chang. Any damage being done to our reputation will be approximately zero.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #16 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 11:41:27 »

It's a very good statement but a little long. Surely "Oi, Jed, do one!" would have sufficed? Smiley
Not much of a statement but yes thats pretty much straight to the point.

It is also the opinion of probably 99% of all Town fans too about the situation.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 12:13:17 »

I'd argue within football circles it's damaging nationally, with players or indeed other clubs be wary of doing business with us while it's all going on.
Exactly, it's not going to be helping Cooper/Power persuade any targets they may have their eyes on that this is a club set to kick on next season, is it?
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 12:22:47 »

I like it....could it be a bit more red however?  I feel a new TEF logo coming on. Norman Wisdom's got to be in it somewhere.

Out with the Legend's Lounge in with Grimsdale's... an Enver Hoxha themed gastro pub in the CG.

fuck your Hoxha - I want the Arkells renamed the King Zog stand (we could get King Leka II to open it)
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 12:31:07 »

Exactly, it's not going to be helping Cooper/Power persuade any targets they may have their eyes on that this is a club set to kick on next season, is it?

Especially as our current model relies on Prem clubs thinking we are a decent place to blood their hot prospects.
Flashheart

« Reply #20 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 12:37:22 »

Once this is all done with then everything will carry on as though nothing had happened. Depending on who is in charge, of course, but that's another matter.

Things may well be held up before things get sorted but that's more of processes being stalled than damaged reputation.

I suspect that the majority outside the club are not even aware of what's going on.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 12:45:00 »

Once this is all done with then everything will carry on as though nothing had happened. Depending on who is in charge, of course, but that's another matter.

Things may well be held up before things get sorted but that's more of processes being stalled than damaged reputation.

I suspect that the majority outside the club are not even aware of what's going on.
The majority of ordinary fans yes. But PWP's point was re those within football (i.e. players, agents, other clubs) who will be well aware that Swindon are firmly back in the basketcase envelope again. And that may be temporary, but a lot of harm can be done by even temporary damage to your reputation. Just ask any good libel lawyer. (Actually don't as it will cost you a few grand to even ask them that)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 12:47:24 »

Nobody should be caring too much about niceties like reputation. This is a football club, for chrissakes, how many of those are infested with dodgy geezers? What should really concern us is how we're going to establish a retained list and, depending how long this drags on, how we're going to attract and hold onto players over the summer.

edit: take PD's point, but the damage to our reputation really depends on how long this drags on, and how much it affects the practical issues above.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 2, 2014, 12:50:47 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #23 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 12:52:04 »

Nope, just can't see it Paul.

For as long as I can remember their have been various kerfuffles going on at boardroom level. It's not prevented other clubs and agents etc from doing business with us in the past so why should it now? Power took over after a turbulent period but did it stop him from wheeling and dealing?
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 12:55:06 »

Power is unlikely to put money into the club until he knows he can keep it. This will impact business

Cooper has himself said that it's affecting contract talks.

Flashheart

« Reply #25 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 12:59:24 »

Power is unlikely to put money into the club until he knows he can keep it. This will impact business

Cooper has himself said that it's affecting contract talks.

That's nothing to do with reputation though!
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 13:08:54 »

That's nothing to do with reputation though!

It is, if the club is reputed to be in a mess and have no money it might put people off dealing with us.

We are arguing over tiny wording in what I thought was a very good statement, seems like some people just like to have a pop where the Trust are concerned.
Flashheart

« Reply #27 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 13:17:07 »

I (and at least one other) happen to disagree with something that was said. It doesn't necessarily mean we are having a pop, does it?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #28 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 13:18:16 »

That wasn't a pop; this is. It's a fucking pointless statement from a toothless bunch of nobodies. Come at me.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 13:19:50 »

That wasn't a pop; this is. It's a fucking pointless statement from a toothless bunch of nobodies. Come at me.

And herein lies the problem.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: