Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Supporters' Trust Statement on Court Case  (Read 29657 times)
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 13:20:47 »

I (and at least one other) happen to disagree with something that was said. It doesn't necessarily mean we are having a pop, does it?

Fair enough, just felt like we were arguing a minor point in quite a major issue over and over.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 13:21:46 »

Come at me.
are you buying dinner first?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #32 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 13:22:59 »

Yeah i'll buy everyone a Trust Pizza. It's like a normal pizza only the bread is stale and there's no topping.

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 13:23:17 »

People have dealt with us through worse times than this. This is a dispute about who owns the club. Whoever wins will still see the club rolling along as it was for a while.
Fans should be more worried about the long term and switching from shit board to shit board continually.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 13:24:53 »

Yeah i'll buy everyone a Trust Pizza. It's like a normal pizza only the bread is stale and there's no topping.

Yeah, what losers giving up their time to try and help future of the club, if only they did something useful like ban people on an internet forum
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #35 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 13:41:26 »

I can write a pointless statement too, but what's the point?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 13:42:43 »

Yeah, what losers giving up their time to try and help future of the club, if only they did something useful like ban people on an internet forum
jayo's just reverting back to his low-rent DMR wind-up-troll persona. Not worth a bite.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #37 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 13:44:21 »

I assure you, I'm being 100% serious. What is the point in that statement, and furthermore, what is the point in the trust? They have no power, no money, and no clue.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 13:48:21 »

Presumably you feel the same about Pompeys supporters trust, and Swanseas, etc etc.

Have a read here if you seriously want to know, or just keep being a dickhead on the internet, up to you

http://www.truststfc.com/overview/

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 13:55:27 »

Too Cool
I can write a pointless statement too, but what's the point?

We are all guilty of that  Smiley
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 14:20:23 »

People have dealt with us through worse times than this. This is a dispute about who owns the club. Whoever wins will still see the club rolling along as it was for a while.
Fans should be more worried about the long term and switching from shit board to shit board continually.

But what quality of player will be attracted ? more likely those that do not have other offers - those that have other offers will be advised to sign for a more stable club you would imagine.

Do I remember correctly that we was giving up the training ground at the end of the season and there was talk of sharing with a local school ?
This again will not help attract players, I remember in recent years players being impressed with our training facilities.
Flashheart

« Reply #41 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 14:27:15 »

But what quality of player will be attracted ? more likely those that do not have other offers - those that have other offers will be advised to sign for a more stable club you would imagine.

Do I remember correctly that we was giving up the training ground at the end of the season and there was talk of sharing with a local school ?
This again will not help attract players, I remember in recent years players being impressed with our training facilities.

I think you're missing the point when I and others are saying that it wont make any difference. Once things are sorted we'll continue to attract the same calibre of player that we always have because in the grand scheme of things it's all quite irrelevant and few if any outside the club would give a flying fuck.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 14:31:16 »

I think you're missing the point when I and others are saying that it wont make any difference. Once things are sorted we'll continue to attract the same calibre of player that we always have because in the grand scheme of things it's all quite irrelevant and few if any outside the club would give a flying fuck.
a) And how many will we miss out on in the meantime if this drags on into next season as it could easily do?
b) If "things are sorted" turns out to be potless Jed and his amazing all star bullshitters, it's likely to continue to have an effect on our ability to attract a decent quality of player because we won't be able to pay their wages
Flashheart

« Reply #43 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 14:45:26 »

Paul, I know that things need to be sorted quickly. That much is obvious. I've also already admitted that how things go once sorted depends on who is in charge. I have already said this myself.

I'm just challenging the whole 'damaged reputation' thing which, as things stand, I think is nonsense. If things drag on then obviously there is potential that things could really go pear shaped. That;s just stating the bleedin' obvious. Other than that I expect that few, if any, people outside of STFC give a shit and once things are sorted, whenever that may be then things will carry on just as normal.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 14:59:21 »

Hmm, I think this is just semantics - you seem to be assuming "damaged reputation" means that the statement is suggesting permanent damage is caused, which I don't think it does. I think it's implying that while the situation continues, it harms our reputation within the game and so impairs our ability to attract players, do deals etc etc. Clearly if it all gets sorted next week, then any harm will be minimal. If it continues into next season, it could torpedo our summer recruitment.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: