Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Peterborough United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 33469 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 13:15:42 »

Has KMac surfaced anywhere yet?

Probably on a golf course somewhere.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Chrystovski

« Reply #301 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 13:28:25 »

I don't normally criticise Cooper and up until this point I haven't felt the need to but I think he got it badly wrong in the 2nd half last night.

Firstly we should never have sat so deep hoping one goal would be enough, with the firepower Boro have we were always going to need to score at least 2. We were trying to hold onto a one goal lead for 45 minutes, far too much respect was paid to them. A 2nd goal for us would have killed the tie and sometimes the best form of defence is attack.

Secondly he should have made changes at the 60 minute mark. We started to look really tired quite early into the 2nd half as Posh began to take a stranglehold on the game but instead he waited and waited and waited until the inevitable happened, they scored and then he made 2 changes! You don't need to have coaching badges to work out that had been coming.

Cannot fault the players effort they really did the club proud, penalties are a lottery so no blame attached to Mass or Tijane either, just wish it was us going to Wembley instead as I cannot see us going via the playoffs.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 13:53:18 »

And that bloody drum.

Can we just ban drums and any musical instruments coming to ALL football games at the CG?

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 13:59:48 »

It was always going to be a tough half when they had the likes of McCann and McQuoid to bring on, injuries and suspension really hampered us and all things considered,  we were very unlucky.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 14:10:32 »

I don't normally criticise Cooper and up until this point I haven't felt the need to but I think he got it badly wrong in the 2nd half last night.

Firstly we should never have sat so deep hoping one goal would be enough, with the firepower Boro have we were always going to need to score at least 2. We were trying to hold onto a one goal lead for 45 minutes, far too much respect was paid to them. A 2nd goal for us would have killed the tie and sometimes the best form of defence is attack.

Secondly he should have made changes at the 60 minute mark. We started to look really tired quite early into the 2nd half as Posh began to take a stranglehold on the game but instead he waited and waited and waited until the inevitable happened, they scored and then he made 2 changes! You don't need to have coaching badges to work out that had been coming.

Cannot fault the players effort they really did the club proud, penalties are a lottery so no blame attached to Mass or Tijane either, just wish it was us going to Wembley instead as I cannot see us going via the playoffs.

I can pretty much take or leave Cooper, but in defence of last night:

Despite allowing them possession further up the field in the second half we were dealing with Peterborough pretty comfortably until the mistake, which no tactical tinkering by Cooper could have foreseen or prevented.

As for not making the substitutions earlier, well it's easy to see why he was prepared to leave N'Guessan on as long as he did when the only change available was sticking Gladwin up there. I'd have been tempted to leave him on for the full 90 minutes, however tired he was, he's the sort who'd run himself into the ground willingly.
Chrystovski

« Reply #305 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 15:31:18 »

I can pretty much take or leave Cooper, but in defence of last night:

Despite allowing them possession further up the field in the second half we were dealing with Peterborough pretty comfortably until the mistake, which no tactical tinkering by Cooper could have foreseen or prevented.

As for not making the substitutions earlier, well it's easy to see why he was prepared to leave N'Guessan on as long as he did when the only change available was sticking Gladwin up there. I'd have been tempted to leave him on for the full 90 minutes, however tired he was, he's the sort who'd run himself into the ground willingly.

I thought that the obvious swap would have been Mass or Thompson off for Gladwin just to give us some legs....L.Thompson had a great first half but his legs were well and truly gone after 55\60 mins.

Whilst Boro didn't look a major threat, as the game wore one they were going to get chances as the tiredness crept in, with tiredness comes mistakes.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 15:32:58 »

I thought that the obvious swap would have been Mass or Thompson off for Gladwin just to give us some legs....L.Thompson had a great first half but his legs were well and truly gone after 55\60 mins.

Whilst Boro didn't look a major threat, as the game wore one they were going to get chances as the tiredness crept in, with tiredness comes mistakes.

Can't really fault this post. After a tough game on a heavy pitch on Friday we needed desperately needed fresh legs earlier. DNG could barely run off the pitch at the end such was the shift he put in.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 16:00:53 »

Can't really fault this post. After a tough game on a heavy pitch on Friday we needed desperately needed fresh legs earlier. DNG could barely run off the pitch at the end such was the shift he put in.

But if the fresh legs aren't as talented as the tired legs they replace, it's a trade off as to whether they offer an improvement. We started with our best side under the circumstances, and I can understand the manager wanting to leave that side out there as long as possible.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 16:04:25 »

I think you have to be able to give some trust on the replacements. Gladwin has played a handful of games and looked reasonably able to keep hold of the ball. Reis could have provided an outlet and Barthram and Harley are no mugs. (although I am not sure Harley should ever play again after his horror show against Oldham!

Not having a forward on the bench was a killer as we had nobody to hold the ball up in the final 3rd and so Posh kept coming back at us.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 16:12:42 »

We have a forward out on loan  Roll Eyes
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 16:34:32 »

True, but he's not exactly renowned for his hold up play!

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #311 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 16:45:34 »

But even if he did nothing but harry the defenders it would have put them under pressure to release the ball earlier and maybe hoof it rather than allowing them to pass out from the back at will.
It would have given us an out ball to hit the ball into space and let him run at it. With tired legs who knows he may have done a Coventry.
What I do know is that in the position we were in he was a better option than what was on the bench.

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 16:54:48 »

We looked at our best in the first 20 of the second half when we went after them as they were making errors and were there for the taking. Tired legs and shit subs put paid to that. They got better, we faded.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 17:24:22 »

we also have a forward who wasnt even on the bench.one who looked decent when he came on at gillingham

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 22:50:19 »

Post again....excellent.

Don't care what anybody says Storey upfront would of been a godsend on 60 minutes...use his pace to ping the balls into the corners and harrass the defenders..... Fuckwit decision to loan him out.

Gladwin was a fucking hinderance to us......

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: