Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Peterborough United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 32686 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 16:29:10 »

Is Reckord still here ??
So what does that leave us with?

Fodders
Barthram Ward Troy Branco
Byrne Kasim Luongo Harley Barker
Smith

...ish

Fodders
Smith

...ish

Murphy? Reckord?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 16:31:22 »

Orient will going straight in my accumulator Saturday then
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 16:34:29 by Abrahammer » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 16:34:28 »

Orient will going straight in accumulator Saturday then

I am going as well so double your stake!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 16:43:49 »

Flaming eck, thst's not what we need.  Orient away was always going to be tough, now it's sounding nigh on impossible. What's the matter with Pritchard and L Thompson?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 16:45:29 »

Fodders
Smith

...ish
I would have thought Reis, Reckord & Murphy would be in for Barthram, Barker and Harley. and they would line up a bit like this:
            Fodders
      Ward Troy Branco
Byrne                        Reckord
               Kasim
Murphy                  Reis
               Luongo
                Smith

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 16:49:04 »

We usually win when there seems to be no hope. And let's face it, the situation is pretty hopeless!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 17:01:35 »

We usually win when there seems to be no hope. And let's face it, the situation is pretty hopeless!

If only were true...Brisbane Road is another STFC graveyard....one win on Boxing Day a few years back in the last 40 odd years. Orient had a bit of a dodgy patch up until winning in midweek, which suggests we're probably getting them a week too late.

In the scheme of things, in our quest for 52 points, you really wouldn't expect anything from this fixture, so nothing to lose ..
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 17:04:05 »

He meant In general Reg, not Orient specifically.  I'm going but not looking forward to it, the 0-3 the other year is the only time I have ever left early and can see that  result happening again.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 17:07:28 »

Storey's wages would be fuck all. The saving on a month's wages of fuck all would be fuck all but could have cost us a trip to Wembley.

word!

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 17:16:28 »

He meant In general Reg, not Orient specifically.  I'm going but not looking forward to it, the 0-3 the other year is the only time I have ever left early and can see that  result happening again.

I hate going to Orient...really dislike East London...and invariably it's a tiny crowd and a shit game...even seen us lose there in 68/69 and 85/86 with statistically 2 of our finest sides of all time.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 17:17:23 »

invariably it's a tiny crowd and a shit
Is that like one man and his dog? Or are you just singling out one of the tiny crowd in particular? Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #356 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 17:22:08 »

I hate going to Orient...really dislike East London...and invariably it's a tiny crowd and a shit game...even seen us lose there in 68/69 and 85/86 with statistically 2 of our finest sides of all time.
I went there in the 85/85 season, almost half the crowd of 3,100 were town fans (1,400+), we were rubbish, the away end was open and rubbish, the ground was rubbish in a rubbish part of London.

I dislike it there a lot too, never a happy hunting ground for anything STFC.

Only 3 wins in the last 23 games at Brisbane road.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 17:24:06 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 21:44:46 »

Wes, Byrne,Troy, Ward, Branco, Murphy, Gladwin, Luongo, Kasim, Harley, Smith M subs Ty, Bartram, Reckord, Reis, Cox,  NGuessan, Barker. Assuming Alex Smith and Harry (am I still at the club now my dad's mate Jed has buggered off) Agombar are still not fit that must be pretty much everyone not injured, suspended or out on loan isn't it?

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #358 on: Friday, February 21, 2014, 00:04:27 »

I went there in the 85/85 season, almost half the crowd of 3,100 were town fans (1,400+), we were rubbish, the away end was open and rubbish, the ground was rubbish in a rubbish part of London.

I lived in that area around that time. In fact it was a decent area of London, plenty of friendly local pubs, O's supporters who were genuinely fans of their local club as opposed to wannabe Hammers, the Leyton Orienteer was one of the best fanzines of the time and they had the legend who was Tunji Banjo in their reserves.

So I've always had a soft spot for them. It would be easy to just throw in the towel and head over to WHU or Spurs or Arse, but the 4k don't. That deserves some respect, no?

We'll get beaten, no doubt.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Friday, February 21, 2014, 00:33:56 »

There is nothing to dislike about Orient, bar the fact we never win there. I'm 0-5 and expecting 0-6 for times I've been there.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: