Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Peterborough United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 33637 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 09:57:48 »

Didn't look like they left out to each other to me. More that Murphy played the perfect pass for the posh. Hey ho.

I think Murphy looks a good prospect and has a good work ethic. I hope he isn't scapegoated for it by our fans. I don't think he will be.

Agreed Batch, he looks talented and I thought he worked hard as well.

Murphy on one wing and Pritchard on the other is a frightening prospect for opponents.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 10:01:12 »

+1 for the "Murphy looks pretty good brigade" Smiley He looked better first half than when we started to sit back in the 2nd though. But then he would.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 10:02:29 »

Having slept on it, I think Reis was perhaps a bit silly with his penalty. Any scapegoating that is done is ridiculous though seeing as he was crying when the lads led him off and he's played very little all season. He was good at the start of the year and lively for his cameo at the end of the match, so I've got a good feeling about him.

A moment that's really stuck in my mind from last night that I didn't mention was in what must have been deep in the third or fourth minute of extra time when Posh won a corner, as it was put into the box and there was a bit of a goal mouth scramble and the crowd went deadly silent- the sound of nearly 7000 people breathing in at the same time is one I will never forget.

Murphy was good first half, and I felt happy with him and N'Guessan as two strikers.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 10:52:20 »

Just watched the highlights on Sky and tbh we looked far better than them in most respects which I did not think so during the match itself, it is strange how one views a game.

Could not see definitely whether it was a pen from the Arkells but looked and on TV there was no doubt. Just not going to be our season methinks but will take play-offs if they can be achieved.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 10:53:29 »

I thought we looked better balanced with Pritchard on the right and Murphy on the left, but once we scored Cooper changed them over and I didn't think we looked quite so menacing going forward after that.
Flashheart

« Reply #290 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 11:05:33 »

I love how N'Guessan, Reis and Troy have their own beardy black guy club.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 11:07:46 »

haha, I said this last night at the pub that Reis had to be brought on as we had to have at least 2 beards on the pitch at all times!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #292 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 11:08:49 »

And magnificent beards they are, too.

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 11:15:55 »

Better side for 70 mins with their only real threat by crosses from the right. If we got the pen and nunguesson looked before shooting wide then it would have been game over.
Thought it was a shit game though and if they are two sides chasing promotion then that is one piss poor division.
Pritchards quality and Thompsons tenacity the only positives for me.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 11:30:32 »

Better side for 70 mins with their only real threat by crosses from the right. If we got the pen and nunguesson looked before shooting wide then it would have been game over.
Thought it was a shit game though and if they are two sides chasing promotion then that is one piss poor division.

I didn't think the game was that bad, really, and both sides could only truthfully be described as on the fringes of the promotion race (and outer fringes in our case).
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 11:36:38 »

The sides really chasing promotion are about 20 points better off than us....the beauty of the PO's is it gives a dog's chance, to a clutch of pretty average sides to keep their season going.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 11:39:14 »

I thought Pritchards attempt was poor, my 14 year old son has a better bum fluff beard than Pritchard.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 12:24:42 »

DNG didn't shoot wide...it hit the goalies foot and just missed the post. The ref decided, in one of his baffling decisions, to give a goal kick !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 12:28:08 »

DNG didn't shoot wide...it hit the goalies foot and just missed the post. The ref decided, in one of his baffling decisions, to give a goal kick !!

Yeah, Danny shot on target and was then bundled over, which would have been perhaps excusable to ignore if the ref had then given a corner.

But of course he didn't...
kerry red

« Reply #299 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 12:55:18 »

For a game where both keepers hardly had a shot to save I enjoyed it - fuckwit officials notwithstanding.

Thought the defence played well but we were obviously lacking up front.

Looked to me as if we're playing like the away side.

People really need to think back to the doom and gloom before season's start and realise we've had a decent season (to date).

Cooper's turned out to be a decent manager and the loanees have, by and large, looked good.

Has KMac surfaced anywhere yet?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: