Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Peterborough United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 32992 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 00:03:51 »

The Opponent:  Peterborough United

For the 4th time this season we meet Peterborough, this time its winner takes all. We have played them 3 times this season,  the record is Won 1, Drawn 1, Lost 1, goals for 4, goals against 4. Tonight is the night when something has to give. So our 2 normal starting strikers are injured/cup tied, so is Nicky Ajose for them. When someone told me we had signed someone who has history for exposing themselves and a fondness of wearing gloves I thought we had signed Michael Jackson, but no, time to step up to the plate George.  Personally I would put N’Guessan  up front with either Tijane/Jacob  and Pritchard bombing forward. If the right Pritchard turns up I honestly believe he has enough to single handedly take any team in League 1 to pieces, which most certainly includes Peterborough. Of course we will miss Ranger and Smith but everything is still to play for.  I have faith, we need every other red soul that turns up at the CG tonight to have the same faith, if I was that way inclined I would even buy some red and white rolls of crepe paper, but I’m not. We are 90 minutes away from Wembley, now I appreciate the Wembley novelty value may have worn off for some but we still want our team to win every match, and all the better f we get the chance to do that on football’s biggest stage. Come on Swindon!

Weather or Not? – Well done to all concerned for getting the game to go ahead on Friday night, a truly brilliant effort again. Despite Sunday’s generous sunshine,  its back to showery and breezy conditions today. Fairly mild for the time of year though with a similar daytime and evening temperatures of 7-8 degrees.

Where the opposition gather –

http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24547

Last 6 – LWWLWD

They have served us both – Cup tied Nicky Ajose,  John Sheffield, Kevin Dearden, Claude Gnapka, Mark Cooper, Don Heath, Steve Jenkins, Lloyd Opara, Fred Laycock, David Ball, Bobby Barnes, Kenny Alan, Graz, Trevor Benjamin, Sol Davis, Jim Barron

The Odds -  Swindon 11/8   Draw  12/5   Peterborough   11/5   (To qualify we are 8/13 and they are 6/5). As far as the bookies are concerned its advantage Swindon. Bet 365 have Kasim at 20/1 to score the 1st goal. Its written in the stars. Someone at Bet 365 is on a wind up though, Alex Smith first goal at 5/1. Please.

The Son Says  - Phase 2 of banishing the Wembley demons begins at 7.45, he thinks we will be on our way to Wembley, via a penalty shoot out.

The Prediction – None of this squeaky bum time stuff. We will win 2-0 on the night, goals from Kasim and Luongo seal a day out at Wembley, in front of an embarrassing 5’877 (388 from Peterborough)

And Finally – Darren Ferguson, you are still a cunt.

COYR COYR COYR
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 00:06:32 »

0-2
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 00:37:12 »

Darren Ferguson's a cunt.

3-1 Swindon: Pritchard 30yrd stunner, Kasim, Luongo. If we can draw 2-2 with them at theirs when down to 10 men we should beat them tonight, even without Ranger and Smith.

It's our competition this year, I can feel it. YOU REDS!
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 00:37:20 »

I've got a good feeling about this! 2-1 Swindon COYR
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 01:13:07 »

I couldn't make the Colchester game but I'll be their for this one.

2 0 to the Town and another trip to the shithole.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 01:47:45 »

I'll be mid-flight, I hope it's a shit game so I don't miss much.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 05:07:25 »

We are lacking options up front so tough to call this one not to mention the  others missing thru suspension/injury.
Hate the lottery of penalties so hoping we see them off 2 nil in regular time
kerry red

« Reply #7 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 05:11:23 »

Oh fuck
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #8 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 07:12:32 »

I'm pretty certain no away goals and no extra time. Straight to pens if we're level after 90.

On the one hand you want to see your team at wembley, on the other it's a soulless bowl and an expensive day.

1-0 town, last minute thunderbolt from Darren ward.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 07:20:20 »

Do I think we can win tonight? Yes.
Do I want to see us lose to Chesterfield at Wembley again? Nooooooooo
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 07:28:59 »

0-1

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #11 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 08:13:50 »

Two Jekyll and Hyde sides - anything could happen. At the very least make it a decent game of football after the turgid load of dross served up in the last 3 home games.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #12 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 08:21:09 »

Penalty lottery.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 08:38:47 »

Think this one will go to pens. Although unlike the Town fans pretending they don't want us to get to Wembley, I really do. We've been "spoilt" a bit recently but it could be years until we get the opportunity to do it again, and it's probably our only shot at some success this season.

COYR.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 08:39:46 »

I'll be mid-flight, I hope it's a shit game so I don't miss much.
You selfish c**t
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: