Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Peterborough United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 33129 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #330 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 20:49:17 »

Good points but I still think it was a fuck up given we had rested players and had prioritised this over the league. I think on this one Power/ Cooper came up short.
We're still well ahead of where I thought we'd be but we didn't get through due to our naivety not because Pboro were better.
We didn't get through because of Murphy, Reis and Luongo we didn't get through because of Power and Cooper.
I'm still with them and think they're doing a good job given everything but they fucked up.   
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #331 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 20:59:15 »

You've missed McEveley for getting sent off in the first leg, Branco for scoring an own goal in the first leg, Nathan Thompson for getting too many bookings this season, Foderingham for not keeping out a penalty he probably should have, the referee and the football league.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 21:16:48 »

Storey is not the same sort of player as Ranger or Smith and regardless of whether you think it 'guff' or not, we have been playing most of the season with a lone striker and Storey simply cannot function effectively in that role.

True , storey cannot function in the lone striker role but isnt the idea of substitutes to change things up ? Not just swop like for like.
Plan B if you like...
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 21:22:56 »

I think the point is that Ben Gladwin cannot function in the loan striker role. I'm pretty sure Miles would have showed more than he did.

(That's far from a dig at Gladwin btw, thought he tried his best in a totally unfamiliar role).
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 21:25:23 »

How anyone can write off Gladwin/Barker after seeing them play 1/2 cameo performances is beyond me. Some players need a run of games, and to be played in their right position. Fair enough, they may not be good enough, but I trust Luke Williams judgement to believe that Barker is a decent enough player, if given a chance.

Also, with Storey - Cooper said he was begging to go out on loan, and we had no idea that Ranger was going to get injured for 8-12 weeks on the same day we sent him out on loan. Plus, as said, doesn't really fit into our system.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 23:48:16 »

I'm not writing Barker off.....far from it...but fact..fact...is..he hasn't scored a senior goal...so loan HIM out and not somebody that has and has a bit of pace.

AND what is this famous system that I keep reading about...utter fucking bollocks....you might not of gone to Sheffield United, Stevenage or Pikeys but I did....if that's a system it's shit and needs looking at.

Never read so much bollocks In all my life....the only system Cooper has is Central Heating in his house. He picks the team on the day and he sets his stall up before kick off and very rarely changes it after that.

He did v Coventry and we won a game we should of drawn.....not brave and I'm not convinced he has enough about him to change a game mat any stage. However , we have enough in the bank early doors to be comfortable and he has been our manager since the start so that's a credit to him.

As an obvious yes man so he's got the job until he fails epically.

I'm renewing my season ticket so I'm ok with it but....a system? Fuck off!

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #336 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 07:36:25 »

Ajose, el gabbas and barker are players that don't hold the ball up and so work better in a 442.

I took coopers comment on not fitting the system as a polite way of saying he thought storey was shit.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 10:07:26 »

The system being a big guy up top who can hold the ball up and our other 'technical players' work off that. Hence brining Smith (6 foot 4) in.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 10:08:11 »

There is no spoonsystem.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #339 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 11:46:11 »

There are four lights.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 16:06:46 »

Wasn't sure where to post this but Sam has just tweeted that Pritchard is out for about 2 weeks, L.Thompson is out also for Saturday and DNG has a late fitness test on a groin strain. N Thompson and Jay are suspended.

This is a real test of our squad now!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 16:08:54 »

Wasn't sure where to post this but Sam has just tweeted that Pritchard is out for about 2 weeks, L.Thompson is out also for Saturday and DNG has a late fitness test on a groin strain. N Thompson and Jay are suspended.

This is a real test of our squad now!

Just saw that, Mason training but wont figure Saturday either
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 16:10:15 »

So what does that leave us with?

Fodders
Barthram Ward Troy Branco
Byrne Kasim Luongo Harley Barker
Smith

...ish