Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peterborough United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 37238 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 21:58:39 »

Despite a few fuck ups, i thought it was our best showing for a while and in the second half we were on top for long periods.

Excellent result.

Town will be short sighted not to reduce prices to £10 across the board and £5 kids .... fill the place FFS now the Sky money will roll in....I know they said £15 but please rethink. that Barnet game was fucking great.

Clems Army!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 21:58:54 »

We can't defend can we? What was Branco thinking of? Surely such a situation must be standard in training?

Somebody allowed the ball to bounce from a long cross for their second. I think it was one of the Thompson's twins?, they looked surprised as though these things don't happen in football.

I don't blame Branco for the 2nd that went under his legs, that was unlucky. He didn't have a good game though.

Kasim looked classy a fuck. There to win the ball, distribute it and then be there to help out if it needed to be bounced back to him. Ranger made this football malarkey look easy. Gladwin is raw but oozing talent and effort.

Very harsh on JMac. No intent whatsoever but rules are rules.

Pretty sure it was branco that let it bounce. He was wrong side of his man 5-6 times first half. Improved 2nd though.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 21:59:25 »

If we are picked for tv it will be on the Monday night as it's champions league/Europa league week I think.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 21:59:57 »

I think someone mentioned they're light on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. They could choose both games if they felt like it. I'll give you hope and say it's likely to be Tuesday.

That week the Champions League is back and they've currently showing one game on Tuesday and 2 on Wednesday. They'll probably show the game on Monday night.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 22:02:04 »

That week the Champions League is back and they've currently showing one game on Tuesday and 2 on Wednesday. They'll probably show the game on Monday night.
Hope so I've got training in Birmingham from Tuesday until Friday so Monday would be ideal!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 22:02:28 »

Well I hope Cooper gets some credit on RS tonight.Tactics spot on with 10 men and in fact for the majority of the 2nd half it looked like we had the extra man.Great performances from Kas, Mas and Ranger and N'Guessan gave his usual 100%.Branco was a car crash for most of the game and Thompson N was lucky to stay on the pitch.Gladwin showed brief glimpses of promise but soooooooooo predictable.All in all a good performance which gives us a real chance.Shame Kas is gonna miss 2 league games-bit of a backfire really.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 22:06:48 »

Pretty light then! Monday would be bad for me though.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 22:07:19 »

Nice to get home in 15 mins after watching a Town game.

Bet we don't get a homer like that in the 2nd leg
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 22:13:16 »

Don't think he was a homer, just not very good.
Tamworth Red Army

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 22:18:39 »

I think he was the same ref that sent off Byrne at MK ?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 22:20:12 »

Good, steady performance that.
Thought both Thompsons, Kasim, Luongo and Ranger played well. N Guessen worked hard but didn't seem to do much on the ball, and Gladwin promising but very predictable.
I really rope Troy starts ahead of Branco Saturday.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 22:21:15 »

Wink
Clap
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 22:23:54 »

Last season's 2nd leg tv tie was Southend v Orient, played on a Wednesday night, with Champions League games AC Milan v Barca and Galatasary v Schalke on the box as well.

This season Sky has Leverkusen v PSG on the Tuesday night, with AC Milan v A Madrid & Arsenal v Madrid on the Wednesday night of w/c 17th Feb.

#VivaKenBarlow!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 22:24:29 »

Good, steady performance that.
Thought both Thompsons, Kasim, Luongo and Ranger played well. N Guessen worked hard but didn't seem to do much on the ball, and Gladwin promising but very predictable.
I really rope Troy starts ahead of Branco Saturday.

With reflection time. DNG was probably mom for the work he did. Virtually nothing came down their right in the 2nd half. Sometimes gets accused of being lazy, certainly want tonight.
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 22:33:12 »

Sky said the second leg will be on Monday 17th Feb.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: