Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peterborough United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36702 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 00:02:29 »

The Opponent: Peterborough United

2 games from Wembley. I sense the excitement is not quite the same as what it was a couple of years back. I think we had at least half of the attendance away against Barnet, possibly more, and I’m pretty sure we had 11’000+ for the return leg. The Wembley novelty may well have worn off after a couple of wholly unsuccessful marches to the arches but I still remain as up for it as ever. There used to be an opinion that the Di Canio factor would put perhaps 1500 on the gate, perhaps the home tie will put this to the test.  I have had a day off work today due to having a big toe that looks not dissimilar to the type of rancid purple penis you might see on that Embarrassing Bodies program. It involved a metal rimmed pew (with foldable legs), and a flight of stairs in an old church at the bottom of Vic Hill, the only thing missing was Sid James and Kenneth Williams. Being the martyr I am, its back to work tomorrow, taking in the sights of Malmesbury, Redhouse, Cirencester and er, Walcot.

After losing just one of their first 13 league games, Posh have won four of their last 16 in League One to seriously dampen their ambition of an instant return to the Championship. Only  5,297 came to watch Peterborough's most recent Saturday home game, a 3-0 win over Tranmere, compared to 6,956 at their last Saturday game in October, which was a 1-0 win over Shrewsbury. If you ask Mark Copper how we will approach this game he would be likely to tell you “the same as any other”, but with a team full of young players that may not get many chances to play at Wembley in a relatively short career, you would hope they would bust several guts in taking the opportunity to prove themselves at football’s biggest stage, and I would have thought despite playing them twice so far this season already, Cooper himself will always have a point to prove to his ex employers. I want to pay £25 to park my car on someone’s drive near the stadium, I want to pay £11 for a pissy bottle of Carlsberg and a horse burger, I even want to sit on The M25 wondering why I made the journey in the first place, but most importantly, I want to win, every game we play! COME ON SWINDON!

Weather or Not? – As I type this my conservatory is feeling the effects of whatever storm the Yanks throw at us this time. It seems after a dry start at dawn, showers will move in for most of the day, some heavy and prolonged. The heavier rain should ease to showers in the evening before clear skies taking over in the last couple of hours of the day. Temperature holding between 6-8 degrees, strong southerly wind gusting to 40mph. Sounds like a great day for football.

Where the opposition gather –

http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24479

Through fear of upsetting the Posh fans (in the same way I upset the Shrewsbury fans), I won’t make out Peterborough is a soulless, famous for fuck all dreary unwelcoming hovel. They know this already.

Last 6 –  LLLWWL

They have served us both –  Cup tied Nicky Ajose,  John Sheffield, Kevin Dearden, Claude Gnapka, Mark Cooper, Don Heath, Steve Jenkins, Lloyd Opara, Fred Laycock, David Ball, Bobby Barnes, Kenny Alan, Graz, Trevor Benjamin, Sol Davis, Jim Barron

The Odds -  Peterborough Evens  Draw 12/5 Swindon 11/4 The fact we have failed to keep a clean sheet in our last 12 outings in all competitions and our shit way from home added in with Peterborough’s ability to score for fun and it seems the bookies are predicting a resounding home win, Darn the naysayers.

The Son Says – Confident as ever, we will win this 2-0 and begin the first phase of banishing his Wembley demons.

The Prediction – We will go to London Road and shock the watching world with a thumping 1-0 victory, Nile Ranger with a stoppage time goal in front of 7’788, 555 from Swindon.

And Finally – Darren Ferguson, you are a cunt.

COYR COYR COYR
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 00:17:51 by Shaw Rosso » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 00:08:03 »

(P)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 00:16:51 »

(P)

You could be on to something there.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 05:23:41 »

IF its on then 2. 0 to Posh
290 travelling town fans
5000 overall
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 07:22:58 »

If on, holding them to 1-0 would be a fairly decent result. I'm going for a 1-1 though, with an equaliser from Smith.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 07:41:30 »

If on, holding them to 1-0 would be a fairly decent result. I'm going for a 1-1 though, with an equaliser from Smith.

Defo take a 1-1. Smith is cup tied though mate.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 08:01:47 »

Defo take a 1-1. Smith is cup tied though mate.

You can also get 11/2 on Nicky Ajose to score 1st with Hills.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 08:16:42 »

When's the pitch inspection?

Clems Army!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 09:01:58 »

P-P.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 09:22:56 »

It's grim in Aldershot,  and very windy
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 10:05:52 »

If it goes ahead we'll lose, maybe 2-0.

If it gets postponed we won't lose.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 10:07:46 »

Even with postponement I wouldnt be confident of not losing, going by our away form..
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 10:17:45 »

Based on their match being off on Saturday...I'd be very surprised if this on, but the east of the country should be dryer than the west, so maybe they've missed some of our recent shit.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 10:19:40 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Peacock PUFC

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 10:29:26 »

The pitch at the moment is playable , however heavy rain is forecast in Peterborough from 11am through until 8pm , there is no pitch inspection planned at the minute however this could obviously change should the rain arrive.

Up until close of business yesterday just over 1000 tickets had been sold, and with the prices going up by £4 if you pay on the day , that coupled with the match being shown live on Sky will result in a very low crowd, I will be astonished if we break the 5000 mark.

For those of you that are travelling down the Peacock Pub which is straight across the road from the ground, 2 minute walk to the away seats is open pre match , its child and away fan friendly and car parking is available for £4 per car .

With regards to the result we have been shocking in recent weeks and have lost several players in the transfer window, Ajose as you know is cup tied, and our 2 new arrivals are unable to play, however hopefully with the chance of a trip to Wembley on offer maybe the lads will put in a performance us Posh fans know they are capable of.

Out of interest how many Swindon fans do you think will make the trip down ?

I will keep you guys updated with the weather situation here in Peterborough .

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 10:32:15 »

I doubt we'll take many more than 300.

We've been fucking shit recently and with all the injuries, suspensions and ineligibilities I expect us to get battered. Hopefully we keep it low enough so we have a chance of redeeming in the home tie.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: