Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mandela Dead  (Read 9726 times)
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 08:21:37 »

Yeah and those cunting resistance fighters in France between 1940-44
 what wankers they were. they were alright after june6 1944 though.

twat.

Very revealing comment. Crispy, this guy, Mexico Red, is a dope.

Cowardice in action. This chap would have no compunction about describing IRA actions as legitimate, would he? No he wouldn't, because it's too close to home. He'd rather allude to some nonsense in France. Says it all really.

Flashheart

« Reply #61 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 08:21:39 »

On it early again today then Dosser?
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 08:22:50 »

Smashed and proud, but still clear minded Flashheart. Just pointing out hippocracy (?)  Smiley
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 09:20:17 »

There is a fair bit of 'glory hunting' going on about all this. Don't understand the need to quote Mandela the moment you hear he dies. If he had that much of an impact on your life why weren't you banging on about him during his life.

Don't get me wrong as that said I have a lot of respect for the bloke, hell of a life and I always like people who have the courage to stand up and be counted.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 09:25:58 »

Well said Jan. I've said enough on this issue. He was a courageous man but let's not deflect from inflating the fact that South Africa is an utter hellhole. 10,500 murdered yearly. Give me grief TEF but I'm out on this subject.
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 09:27:37 by Dostoyevsky » Logged
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 10:37:29 »

I would like to thank Crispy for having the cajones to face the onslaught of sycophantic shite spoke about this murderous cunt and soldier on through the storm.

Here's to you Crispy  Pint

I hope you TEF's have earnt your brownie points in abeyance to the system. The thought police won't come knocking.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 10:46:48 »

What a tool.

It's All Good..............
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 10:57:30 »

Hertha, it don't matter a jot to me what you throw, keep buttering up the same elites, they love your worship
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 11:00:45 »

I despair at the willingness of people to make sacrosanct that which is deeply flawed.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 11:02:28 »

If only we all shared your clarity of thought, Doss.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 11:05:52 »

Thanks Ardiles

I'm not being belligerent or provocative, just airing a differing opinion about Saint Mandela. I better shut up now.

All the best
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 11:07:27 »

What a tool.

Cheesy
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 11:08:49 »

Hertha, it don't matter a jot to me what you throw, keep buttering up the same elites, they love your worship
Funny. I've not felt the need to either praise or condemn the man. Personally I'll leave others to that. What I find tiresome is the extremes that people express. Everyone is flawed,  as you should know. Measure a man by everything,  good and bad. Your black and white world bemuses me.

It's All Good..............
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 11:14:07 »

Totally agree Hertha

Well put. Shades of grey are required when discussing Mandela's legacy. I guess, like Crispy, I've flipped the issue on its head just to incite debate, instead of the cloying hero worship that we've been subjected to.

Good luck, I'm not a bad person.

Signing off.

Dosser
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 12:33:43 »

There is a fair bit of 'glory hunting' going on about all this. Don't understand the need to quote Mandela the moment you hear he dies. If he had that much of an impact on your life why weren't you banging on about him during his life.

Its a bit preachy to constantly quote/bang on about something all the time. When someone dies its a good to to reflect on them. A public eulogy if you like.

Regardless of why he was banged up, and whether the ends justified the means. What he (and De Klerk) did helped end apartheid and arguably assisted in reducing racism in this country. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: