Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mandela Dead  (Read 9643 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 13:41:44 »

Rather agree with Batch - a eulogy isn't such a bad thing when someone dies even if wall to wall coverage and beatification irritate.

Personally Mandela's perseverance against massive odds was what I admired - a millilitre of that injected straight into the backbone of our cricketers wouldn't go amiss.  I also thought he could have launched a Mandela Legacy brand of shirts - they were memorable.

I believe that what Mandela and De Klerk deserve massive credit for is an openness to the sensibilities of others.  Beats hurling words like "racist" or "terrorist" about as an argument-ending justification for an opinion.  IMO it contributed significantly to the relatively bloodless re-emergence of South Africa into the democratic world.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 13:45:01 »

Still don't understand the minutes silence at football though. But that's my opinion

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 15:04:04 »

Respect that opinion.

I happen to think that South Africa may not have staged the World Cup without Mandela's contribution to the emergence of South Africa (ie boycotts or too unstable) so he must share in the blame for the vuvuzela.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 20:33:46 »

Has Dosty actually signed off now, he threatened it in about 4 of his posts today...

Not getting into the debate but the way that Dosty preaches to people on here and castigates anyone that has a differing opinion to him really is quite tiresome..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, December 8, 2013, 11:53:50 »

Smashed and proud, but still clear minded Flashheart. Just pointing out hippocracy (?)  Smiley

Is that a place where horses get the vote?

This was vaguely funny, the rest was laughable.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 20:02:32 »

I would like to thank Crispy for having the cajones to face the onslaught of sycophantic shite spoke about this murderous cunt and soldier on through the storm.

Here's to you Crispy  Pint

I hope you TEF's have earnt your brownie points in abeyance to the system. The thought police won't come knocking.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Beers

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 20:14:25 »

Beers
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: