Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mandela Dead  (Read 9769 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 23:01:59 »

Dosser, just this once, could you *please* shut the fuck up?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 23:10:55 »

Uncle Ben's rice will never be the same.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 23:17:58 »

I'm glad he lived to a ripe old age and got to see the change in his homeland, as well as lead his country.
DMR

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 23:35:39 »

Fake grief irritates me. Yes it's big news and yes it's a global icon who has died. But I was in primary school when he came out the office.

It's interesting, morbid, fascinating news. But it's not gutting, devastating or heartbreaking. At least, not for English people my age. So stop flooding social media saying it is you clueless cunts.
DMR

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 23:36:19 »

That comes across badly, but I know what I mean
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 23:40:37 »

Fake grief irritates me. Yes it's big news and yes it's a global icon who has died. But I was in primary school when he came out the office.

It's interesting, morbid, fascinating news. But it's not gutting, devastating or heartbreaking. At least, not for English people my age. So stop flooding social media saying it is you clueless cunts.

Have to agree with you. 95's a great innings though, especially given the facts of his life.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 23:42:32 »

Another mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter....

Clems Army!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 23:43:39 »

Oh the irony.
Flooding social media to tell us to....stop flooding social media.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 23:45:14 »

DMR's hardly 'flooding' social media Leefer. Unless he's reposted that on Twitter, FB, err some other sites...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 23:53:27 »

Someone has died, not a time for debate. The only thing that will annoy me is the fawning overdone coverage by the media.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 02:04:24 »

We get inappropriate, self-obsessed cathartic, he was a hero, blah blah deaths quite often. I don't think this is one of those times.

One of the most important people of the 20th century. Not a perfect man, but his legacy is good. People get called heroes, but I don't think you can be a hero without a struggle. Don't forget that he was in his 70's when he bought an end to apartheid. This is a man who spent the vast majority of his life in a struggle.

Don't rise to EDL twats like Crispy.

On a more amusing note, I always enjoyed the quite bewildering visit from Charlie Dimmock and the Ground Force team. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/565013.stm

There won't be many people with such a footprint on the world to die in any of our lifetimes. RIP.
kerry red

« Reply #26 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 07:37:05 »

Someone has died, not a time for debate. The only thing that will annoy me is the fawning overdone coverage by the media.

This x 10

Can't get away from it on Sky Sports either
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 07:47:39 »

Spot on, a very influential man has died, but I very much doubt there are many British people heartbroken.
It was the same when that Paul Walker died in the week, yes it's not nice, but as DMR said, were the people on twitter actually devastated?

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 08:25:20 »

One of the most important men of our lifetimes. What a difference he made for good.
kerry red

« Reply #29 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 08:55:04 »

Guaranteed an Oscar for Idris Elba
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: