Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 27169 times)
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 18:34:24 »

Credit to Cooper and his coaching staff for having a rethink on the formations and getting it right.

It seems we now have 3 viable formations we can use interchangeably as suits our needs. If we get to a point where we can switch fluidly between them mid-game, that could really become a useful additional weapon in our arsenal.

I think the key is never becoming too predictable, which was the downfall of the 3-5-2.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 18:41:45 »

Got to say - that is picky.

As far as I'm concerned the manager can be anything he likes if the results are OK.

I'm easily pleased

I can't help it if it grates on me.  Don't get me wrong I don't expect him to be sweetness and light every interview, but try to sound like you are at least enjoying your job.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 18:45:16 »

One thing that is grating me is how Cooper goes into every post match interview as if the interviewer is trying to catch him out with his questions, and comes across as a right mardy twat because of it.

I think he should remember that those interviews are really his only direct interaction with the fans and the interviewer is asking the questions that the fans want to hear the answers to.  Don't get me wrong, PDC was annoying for the exact opposite, but something inbetween would be nice.

If you don't want to answer a question just say "sorry I have nothing to say about that" rather than "no comment".  He is in a privileged position and his mardyness does nothing to enhance his reputation.

I know it maybe picky considering how well he is doing with the rest of his job, but like I say, it is starting to grate on me.
I think that his 'no comment' was fair enough. I think he was irritated at how his previous answers on Ranger had resulted in lots of headlines. I suspect that there have been a couple of 'discussions' about Ranger behind closed doors that aren't for public consumption. 'No comment' is probably the best answer that he could give. Those two word said a lot to me.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 18:49:32 »

I'd imagine he was told to answer with 'no comment'. Think the club is in damage limitation and therefore needs everything ranger related to come through one source.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 19:05:14 »

One thing that is grating me is how Cooper goes into every post match interview as if the interviewer is trying to catch him out with his questions, and comes across as a right mardy twat because of it.

I think he should remember that those interviews are really his only direct interaction with the fans and the interviewer is asking the questions that the fans want to hear the answers to.  Don't get me wrong, PDC was annoying for the exact opposite, but something inbetween would be nice.

If you don't want to answer a question just say "sorry I have nothing to say about that" rather than "no comment".  He is in a privileged position and his mardyness does nothing to enhance his reputation.

I know it maybe picky considering how well he is doing with the rest of his job, but like I say, it is starting to grate on me.
Not quite Bernie - He came on the pitch at the end of the game today to acknowledge the fans and made a point of making sure all the players did the same. That's direct interaction and for me, outweighs any 'pissy-ness' in his interviews (not that I heard it today).

If I was a manager, I'm pretty sure I would get pretty pissed off and defensive with the media as well.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #200 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 19:05:33 »

I like his interviewing style. No bullshit, he just answers the question with as few words as possible. Everyone should do this.
Barry Scott

« Reply #201 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 19:07:31 »

I'm easily pleased

Really? You've been consistently suicidal for as long as I can remember! Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 19:20:36 »

Maybe he's just not comfortable with the media side of things and so tends to look for "traps", whether intentional or not, in questions? God knows there's enough people happy to tear managers apart for one wrong word out of place these days.
I know it maybe picky considering how well he is doing with the rest of his job
Yeah it is a little. Although I'm sure he'll get over it Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 19:22:26 »

I'd imagine he was told to answer with 'no comment'. Think the club is in damage limitation and therefore needs everything ranger related to come through one source.
Think you've got this bang on. There's a whole minefield there, with legal ramifications as well as impact on the player and club and anyone in his position is going to be best advised to steer well clear of commenting on it.
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 19:25:55 »

His total lack of hesitation in answering no comment says a lot
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 19:26:22 »

Maybe he's just not comfortable with the media side of things and so tends to look for "traps", whether intentional or not, in questions? God knows there's enough people happy to tear managers apart for one wrong word out of place these days.Yeah it is a little. Although I'm sure he'll get over it Wink

This. No doubt his Peterborough experience made him more defensive when dealing with the media. Old habits die hard.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 19:26:34 »

I think he should remember that those interviews are really his only direct interaction with the fans and the interviewer is asking the questions that the fans want to hear the answers to.  Don't get me wrong, PDC was annoying for the exact opposite, but something inbetween would be nice.

If you don't want to answer a question just say "sorry I have nothing to say about that" rather than "no comment".  He is in a privileged position and his mardyness does nothing to enhance his reputation.

I agree with that and it is possible his disaster in charge at Posh has something to do with this,maybe has to realise that when you win that a positive soundbite is the way to go,rather than being negative as is the norm when you are constantly getting beat.
Good win and to me being in a playoff place is a great achievement....well done all.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 19:27:54 »

Good 3pts and listening to the match on the radio we could have had 4 or 5 so looking forward to Orient next week. On the subject of the " no comment" during the interview,why ask the bloody question? It was never going to be answered and the interviewer probably knew that.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 19:28:52 »

I've said this before...

Interviews are part of the job.....don't like it?......tough shit....

Comes across a right pissy fucker to me....and no need for it.

Just try and be a bit more imaginative with the answers, it's not as if he's a thick twat is it?!

It's not as if its Jeremy Paxman is trying to catch him out!

Clems Army!
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 19:29:56 »

And for what it's worth I don't think he sounds pissy at all. Certainly nowhere near Hart or Malpas
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: