Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 26872 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 00:00:03 »

The Opponent: Colchester United

Nevermind the football, let’s have more of Jezza and, err, Muzza.  In fact, if either would be good enough to offer their score prediction for today’s encounter I am sure it will be a TEF first. I’m sure Jezza said he would straighten the story out a bit one day and it would seem he has done that. One thing that has not changed since his departure is the gratitude the supporters of Swindon Town owe to him and the other members of the consortium. Transparency on such a scale had never been seen before at the club, and is not likely to do so for the foreseeable future. If I was a man of wealth (4 houses, 4 cars, 2 motorbikes and £1m turnover company doesn’t count), I would happily let Mr Wray spend my cash if it meant anything like The Di Canio rollercoaster that we rode just a short time ago. The contributions from Jeremy, Steve and everyone on here this evening display all of the positives of a forum such as this, and long may it continue, I'm actually glad I didn't make it to the pub this evening.

From memory, this has to be the coldest and most soul less of all the new build grounds I have been too. My last visit was an FA Cup tie I believe, Matt Ritchie scoring the only goal of the game and celebrating in front of the frozen 500 odd that made the long journey to Essex. There was not a pub for miles if memory serves, parking was rubbish and the stewards all reminded me of Phil Mitchell wannabes. Colchester itself had very little to offer on the way home apart from the road out, which seemed to go on forever. I hate to think how I would recall the place had we lost that cold day. Apart from a military prison, Blur, all round prick Darren Day and Dermot O’Leary there really isn’t a great deal to say about the place. Colchester is said to be the oldest recorded town in Britain and even served as the provincial capital of Roman Britain. Back in 2004, an exploration team found the remains of a chariot race track underneath a Colchester garrison, the only ever find of its kind in The UK to this day. The chav population of this particular part of Essex is rather less than that of Basildon and Romford, with just 1 chav in every 4 Colcestrians.

Where the opposition gather –  Do they have any fans?

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/colchesterunited

Last 6 – LDLDWD (14th on 19 points)

They have served us both –  Jamie Cureton, Tony Thorpe, Michael Rose, David Prutton, Roy Bicknoll, Ian Culverhouse, Lloyd Opara, Ray Bunkell, Will Dixon, Johnnie Jackson

The Odds – Colchester 5/2  Draw 12/5 Swindon 11/10  Have they not seen our away form? First goalscorer odds open up a bit without Ranger, Nicky Ajose is a best priced 13/2 with Bet 365.

The Son Says – He has decided watching Swindon is more fun than England, A good decision at the ripe old age of 8. 2-1 Town.

The Prediction –  I think this will be a tough one. The bookies seem confident that 3 points is on the cards for us but will it really be that easy? 3-0 away win with goals from Ajose, Luongo and Byrne in front of 4’110, 422 making the long journey.

And Finally – Since 2006, Colchester has been one of only 12 places in the UK where Royal Salutes are fired to mark Royal anniversaries and visits by foreign heads of state. From 2009, these salutes have taken place in Castle Park

COYR COYR COYR
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 00:03:34 »

Cureton. Thorpe, Rose and Prutton.

What a load of shitcunts.

We will lose, 2-1 Ajose
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 00:22:39 »

Away with a knackered squad. We wont get anything.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 00:25:14 »

I'm going tomorrow (today ?)

My father in law is a season ticket holder

So I should have one up on all you stay at home warriors !
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 00:47:02 »

I'm going tomorrow (today ?)

My father in law is a season ticket holder

So I should have one up on all you stay at home warriors !

Hope it's a result ala Barnet!

I'm not bothering.....least attractive away fixture for sure.

Clems Army!
kerry red

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 07:16:18 »

The dismal away form to continue with a 4-0 drubbing.

As a stay at home fan suffering just as much as those sad saps actually going, I will be expecting some kind of recompense.

Negativity does actually work - see the Wycombe thread
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 07:35:41 »

I would be happy to come away with a draw considering our recent away form.

On the 12.18 from Liverpool Street, can't see many town fans making the trip and frankly I don't blame them.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 07:38:15 »

Can't see us getting anything from this,3-1 defeat DNG for town. Fingers crossed though!!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 07:48:45 »

2-1 defeat.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 08:34:47 »

Joining the sofa warriors for this one.  Good luck to those making the trip but  I can't see us getting anything from this one.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 09:03:06 »

We don't seem to come away with much from Colchester ever.  I can't see today being any different.  Will be interesting to see if the formation changes following the last away debacle.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 09:15:08 »

Haven't we won on our last two visits? 1-0 Collins, 1-0 Ritchie (FA Cup)?

Eitherway, I'm going for an evenful 0-0........

If we lose I'm hoping to have my meal break at work reimbursed.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 09:18:23 »

I've got a good feeling about this! 2-1 Swindon COYR
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 09:39:50 »

Would be good to ground out a win, though in the circumstances, maybe a 0-0 wouldn't be the worst result. The defence could really do with a clean sheet before their confidence is totally shot.

I'm expecting us to set up to play a bit uglier today, though it's going to be more difficult to do that without Ranger to stick things to upfront. N'Guessan didn't look the answer at Macclesfield, but maybe it's best not to draw too many conclusions from that game. I'd be interested in seeing Ajose play there sometime, as I think his runs really open teams up, but maybe today's not the best day to experiment with that.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 09:48:12 »

Haven't we won on our last two visits? 1-0 Collins, 1-0 Ritchie (FA Cup)?

Eitherway, I'm going for an evenful 0-0........

If we lose I'm hoping to have my meal break at work reimbursed.

Ha, you are correct.  I think I was getting confused because they beat us at home last season.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: