Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Plymouth Argyle Official Matchday Thread  (Read 29638 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 10:00:05 »

Has Jutty changed his log in?  Hmmm
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 10:39:51 »

People who are moaning that we are not getting the bal forward at the first opportunity, oh Dear Hmmm...

These are the same people who prob moan England are shit, that appload Barcelona/Arsenal/Spain way of playing football (without realising its almost identical approach to how we are setting up). Fucking idoit fans who ahvent got a fucking clue, football is easy, if the opposition havent got the ball, then they can't score! If we are strolling about with the ball, we are saving energy.

fuck it, sat on the fence long enough, Cooper is doing a great job so far, Long may it continue to stay this way!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 10:47:34 »

I'll disagree with the England comparison, they show virtually no guile or penetration, relying on set pieces or individual moments of brilliance. But on the whole, I agree.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 11:38:40 »

For more years than I can remember (actually that'd not true - since the Glenn/Gorman days) - apart from some of Andy King's spell - I watched us play variations of hoofball.  Now I don't go for reasons of personal circumstance, and I read on here that we try to keep the ball and play intelligent football, the one thing I wanted us to do.  To think some fans are complaining confuses and slightly upsets me. 
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 11:49:15 »

For more years than I can remember (actually that'd not true - since the Glenn/Gorman days) - apart from some of Andy King's spell - I watched us play variations of hoofball.  Now I don't go for reasons of personal circumstance, and I read on here that we try to keep the ball and play intelligent football, the one thing I wanted us to do.  To think some fans are complaining confuses and slightly upsets me. 

People don't like change. They won't be moaning when this pretty football wins us a league or a play off final or a cup.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 11:52:29 »

People don't like change. They won't be moaning when this pretty football wins us a league or a play off final or a cup.
Some people will moan even if we won the league, FA Cup.and JPT
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 12:47:34 »

Quote from an Argyle fan.

"Swindon were very good. They were pacey, patient and sharp. Their movement was like Arsenal's with loads of options in possession. They would be a pleasure to watch every week. They could easily have scored five or six. They missed an easy chance 30 seconds after our goal, and hot the woodwork twice when well placed to score."

fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 12:55:07 »

A bit of a shock I know but, we are neither Barcelona, Arsenal or Spain. We are the Mighty red Army that is Swindon Town. Folk moan about the tippy tappy short passing generally after a period of 5 or 6 of them when it doesn't appear to them as if the midfield/ forwards are looking to provide the out ball target.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that we seem comfortable keeping posession and passing it about but, I do sometimes get a bit fidgety when I can't see it developing into progress up the field.

Two ways of looking at this. a) Because we are neither Barcelona, Arsenal or Spain, our players don't have the vision to make for the space to recieve or see the space to play the ball in to (yet). b) Because we are neither Barcelona, Arsenal or Spain, we run the risk of fucking up during the tippy tappy, getting disposessed and conceeding.

I might occasionaly call for progress forward but, that tends to be when I can see someone begging for the ball who is in an advanced position.

Not to worry though. Even though we are neither Barcelona, Arsenal or Spain, we also ain't Oxford, Shitty or Rovers.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 12:59:46 »

A bit of a shock I know but, we are neither Barcelona, Arsenal or Spain. We are the Mighty red Army that is Swindon Town. Folk moan about the tippy tappy short passing generally after a period of 5 or 6 of them when it doesn't appear to them as if the midfield/ forwards are looking to provide the out ball target.

No, they don't. It's an almost instant thing where if we haven't booted the ball up to a midget within two passes then we're dilly-dallying

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 13:11:10 »

Did Louis Thompson get booed, really?
If so then that says it all about some of our fans. Nothing new though is it.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 13:52:28 »

A lot of it is team chemistry, once that has really clicked, we will be bum fucking a lot of teams in this division! This was never going to be an instant thing, time needs to be given, a lot of our team are pretty much in their first years as pros in a competitive league!

Our dumbwitted fuckwit retarded fans have got to learn that football has moved on and the days of banging it forward, either through the middle or upto the wings as moved on! We dont possess a world class midfielder who could accuratly deliver 45 yard passes anymore, but we do have a team that is comftable, composed on the ball, which out manager who many of our fuckwit retarded fans didnt like because he wasnt a big name has worked out how to play to our strengths.

after 26 years of supporting STFC, I know we aint Barca, Arsenal or Spain. I did however bring my mate to the game on Saturday who is a Barca fan, and is spanish, He though it was all lump it all over kick and rush football, he actually appreciated the way we tried to play, and is looking forward to coming along next time!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 13:54:32 »

Didn't you see PV's post? 
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 15:13:29 »

Oh! El Gabas! I kind of lost him amongst all the new faces for me tonight, but for his striking the post in the first half and helping to set up Ajose's winner. I did feel like the way we tap the ball around was restrictive to him though- plenty of times I saw him poised, just onside, for someone to slot the pass into the box for him to meet, but it stopped or went backwards. The rest of the team were obviously used to playing with N'Guessan or Ranger holding up play, instead of looking for the pass and run of a nippy striker.

I commend the management/players for sticking to the pass pass mentality but there are times when a ball over the top/ thru the defence will do equally as well.
Reading Plymouths version of last night they said they struggled with our formation in the first half but once they had changed more inline with ours the second half was a more even affair.
Lg1 teams will work us out a lot quicker.
Sometimes I think we over complicate matters in the last third and are looking for that world class goal rather than taking whats on offer.

I didnt hear any booing of L Thompson and hope there wasnt any. Tis wrong
And yes heard many shouting shoot - me as well at times.
Am totally happy with all the passing going on but still want to see goals
And plenty of them
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 15:26:15 »

I didnt hear any booing of L Thompson and hope there wasnt any. Tis wrong

There was booing of him- second half, he was on the right, down near the corner of the arkells and TE, and him and Luongo killed some of the forward tempo we had by tapping it amongst themselves whilst the rest of the forwards were waiting for the cross, and the morons started to boo and go 'SHOOOOOT SHOOOOOT'.

I disagreed with us killing the tempo of the attack at that particular moment, but to boo them is just daft.
kerry red

« Reply #149 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 15:26:54 »

I think we have to realise that some fans just like shouting out inane comments throughout a game - thinking they are a manifestation of Oscar Wilde with some amusing ditty they have to share with the rest of us.

The style of play just offers them an opportunity to do so. If we were lumping it forward then their comments would be about keeping the ball on the deck.

There are plenty of villages missing their idiot on Saturday afternoons
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: