Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Plymouth Argyle Official Matchday Thread  (Read 29164 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« on: Monday, October 7, 2013, 23:10:13 »

The Opponent:  Plymouth Argyle

I have been wondering today if this is likely to be the first matchday thread that fails to make it past a 5th page?  I have also been wondering, if we ran a separate thread at the same time as this one for those who are (rather unfairly) having difficulties with the Myworld Player thingy, would this thread run past a couple of pages? Now I know it may sound like I have too much time on my hands but I was thinking this whilst clearing away the leftover rubbish from some caravan dwellers at a gypsy camp this morning, sometimes you have to think about these things, especially when you are carrying 5 litre emulsion pots full of human faeces and stagnant rain water. Anyway, like the likely length of this thread, I will keep it short.

Plymouth (who will call them Plymuff first and think it was their own wacky idea of a name?) Argyle make the trip up the M5 and along the M4 to what is not likely to be a packed County Ground as it never is in the early stages of the JPT. Even when we played Barnet at the CG a couple of seasons back with a place at Wembley at stake I still don’t think we were anywhere near full, and after an expensive few weeks following Town, even a cheap ticket may well not be enough of a lure for a fair few thousand that would normally turn up for a league match. Plymouth have always travelled well, and fair play to the ones that do tonight, but I really couldn’t imagine us taking any more than a couple of hundred if we were making the journey down south.  The City of Plymouth (not to be confused with Plymouth, Massachusetts, is bigger than I thought to be honest, being home to some 250’000 residents, and a University with over 30’000 students and 3000 staff! That’s a lot of tuition fees Mr Clegg.  Some of the more ‘notable’ people to hail from Plymouth include swimmer Sharon Davies, all round ponce Wayne Sleep,  dysentery victim, Sir Frances Drake, former Labour Party leader Michael Foot, and everyone’s favourite troll victim, Tom Daley.

The Last Time We Met At – The County Ground -  Back in April 2012 in front of over 10’000 we completed the double over Argyle for the season with a 1-0 win care of Alan Connell. I remember the game at Home Park earlier in the season with a late winner from Rafa De Vita, great days.

They have served us both –  Wanker Aljofree, Blair & Paul Sturrock, Vincent Pericard, Steve Adams, Lilian Nalis, Lee Cox, Ben Tozer

Where the opposition gather –

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewforum.php?f=30&sid=9d402741480f0e831a4c5fb60e94dd06

Last 6 – LWLLDL Plymouth’s last game against local rivals Exeter City ended in a 3-1 defeat, the natives are becoming very restless.

The Odds –  Swindon  4/7 Draw 3/1  Plymouth 11/2  Fancy a dreadful 0-0? 12/1 and it will be off to penalties after. Egyptian forward Mohamed El Gabbas is best price 7/1 to score the 1st goal.

The Son Says – He has gone for a straight and easy 3-0 victory. No penalties, no nailbiting.

The Prediction – Plymouth’s league 2 form is not great at the moment and it sound like they plan on making full use of the squad they have to fit in with JPT rules. I can only see  winner here and that’s us, 4-0 with an El Gabbas double, Nicky Ajose and a late own goal. Crowd? Its hard to call this one but I am going for 4’102, which will be the largest JPT crowd of the night. 188 from Plymouth

And Finally - The children’s rhyme Old Mother Hubbard was written in Yealmpton near Plymouth. Sarah Catherine Martin wrote it while staying there in Kitley House, now a hotel. The subject of her pictures and verses was supposedly the housekeeper, but it is thought Martin at the very least built on existing folk verse, which some claim was a carefully hidden criticism of Wolsey and Henry VIII.

COYR COYR COYR
fatbasher

« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 7, 2013, 23:50:13 »

3-0
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 02:40:05 »

Great job once again SR... One little known fact for future reference is that Marcus Cassidy (head groundsman)  is an avid argyle supporter and will be looking for bragging rights tonight so...

5-0 town...
kerry red

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 05:52:38 »

I'll go for a bog standard 2-0 with 4344 in attendance

Just a thought. If Cooper is moaning about only being allowed 5 changes, what's to stop him substituting the players he would rather not be starting after 10 minutes or so.

I know it might lead to having no subs if someone gets properly injured later in the game - but what the hell
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 06:35:49 »

Great job once again SR... One little known fact for future reference is that Marcus Cassidy (head groundsman)  is an avid argyle supporter and will be looking for bragging rights tonight so...

5-0 town...

So that's why he's so green fingered! (I'll get my coat)

Can't see anything but a pasting for Argyle tonight, 4-0, about 6856 in attendance including 193 g-arg(o)yles.

It's too early for this.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 06:39:44 »

Will be closer than people think, as Plymouth aren't a side I would imagine will roll over. They'll also up their game. 2-1 Town El gabas with both.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 07:20:13 »

I've got a good feeling about this!  2-1 Swindon COYR
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 08:23:02 »

Got my tickets for this yesterday, it's quite nice to go to a game 'pressure free' as I'm not massively bothered if we win or lose. Win would be nice, though. I've got a feeling it'll go to penalties and then it's anyones guess.

As for the team I think we'll see.

Belford
Barthram
Ward
Branco
McEveley
Kasim
Luongo
L. Thompson
Ajose
El Gabbas
N'Guessan
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 08:36:37 »

Got my tickets for this yesterday, it's quite nice to go to a game 'pressure free' as I'm not massively bothered if we win or lose. Win would be nice, though. I've got a feeling it'll go to penalties and then it's anyones guess.

Belford
Barthram
Ward
Branco
McEveley
Kasim
Luongo
L. Thompson
Ajose
El Gabbas
N'Guessan
I doubt we will see McEveley - he is still not 100% and only trains twice a week to save his knee!  Byrne in for N. Thompson, not sure if Kasim will start, might just spring a surprise and start with Cox.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 09:00:32 »

Belford
Barthram
Ward
Branco
McEveley
Kasim
Luongo
L. Thompson
Ajose
El Gabbas
N'Guessan

I hope that isn’t the team tbh.  Ward (give the fella a rest), Kasim & Luongo (both too important to risk) are the first 3 I hope Cooper takes out from Saturday.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 09:17:34 »

Given that you can only make 5 changes I think we're pretty restricted in what we can do. We don't have enough cover to take both Kasim & Luongo, and if it's not both it will be one or the other.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 09:26:18 »

2-0 Town, Ajose and El Gabbas for me in front of 4015, with 86 from Plymouth.

#VivaKenBarlow!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 09:30:08 »

1-1. Plymouth to win on pens.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 10:05:25 »

I am hoping to see some fringe players get a run out and hopefully win....pox In the next round.

Clems Army!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 10:13:22 »

I doubt we will see McEveley - he is still not 100% and only trains twice a week to save his knee! 

Is this true Ronnie? I spoke to Jay last week (only at a supporters do - I'm not claiming any connections before someone starts :-)) and he said its the best its been for ages and was well pleased he managed to come through a Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday with no ill effects.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: