Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The 'get it forward' man in the Arkells  (Read 6359 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 06:59:56 »

I might start shouting 'keep possession'.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 07:10:25 »

The groans at our passing seem to be increasing, not decreasing as I thought it should as the season moves forward.  Some of our fans don't deserve to have a team that stroke it around patiently, opening up and tiring teams out.

I alluded to this subject in the Kasim thread...namely how long would it be before the crowd called for a more "traditional" approach? Speaking to people after the match on Saturday, and reading some thoughts on here got me thinking it's not too far away.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 07:18:09 »

Theres a guy at the front of the Town End who kept screaming "forward" as well. Fucking irritating.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 08:40:09 »

I suppose one solution would be for everyone else to scream BACKWARDS whenever we pass it forward.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 09:03:34 »

I can understand the groans Saturday given the tedium of sideways and backward tappy.

Yesterday it happened when we were on top and attacking, I didn't get it in that context. It was a fairly hefty groan from all three stands too.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 10:45:15 »

I alluded to this subject in the Kasim thread...namely how long would it be before the crowd called for a more "traditional" approach? Speaking to people after the match on Saturday, and reading some thoughts on here got me thinking it's not too far away.

This happened when Capello took over England, and got them playing the posession game, half of wembley were fucking booing! Yet in another game, we played a friendy against Spain, hardly touched the ball, gained possesion, gave it to james, big punt forward, lost it, and never touched the ball for 10 minutes!

All teams have fuckwit retarded fans, but sometimes its embarassing!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 10:57:31 »

The same fans booing are the ones complaining that England produce more 'direct' players rather than technically gifted ones, too. Don't understand the game.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 12:34:42 »

The best bloke in the Arkells is the one who randomly shouts out "come on Swindon" Come on you reds" in his bizarre voice, much to those near's amusement
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 12:37:00 »

I sat behind the same bloke in the Drs for three years and he used to say nothing, but he'd throw himself backwards in exasperation - usually into my knees  Cheesy
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 16:46:22 »

I suppose one solution would be for everyone else to scream BACKWARDS whenever we pass it forward.

This happened, and "Side to Side" and "Diagonal" in comical fashion.

I share the frustration sometimes that it's a little too indirect and sometimes we do need to put the ball in to the mixer rather than walk it in, especially if the games getting late and we're not in the lead....but there's absolutely no excuse for shouting 'forward' with 30 seconds left when you're winning and actually in the opponents half. It beggars belief.
fatbasher

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 18:26:18 »

It could come to this from sections of our fans never mind the oppositions fans.

"BORING, BORING SWINDON"
Spud

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 01:20:43 »

I was in a members suite for Tuesdays game and was told about 'forwards man'. I ended up about 5 seats away from him.

He's clearly not the full ticket, but he must have shouted it out every 20 seconds!? Proof of his mental state was confirmed when Cooper came out of the dugout in the second half, to be met with "SIT DOWN COOPER!".
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 22:51:31 »

I was in a members suite for Tuesdays game and was told about 'forwards man'. I ended up about 5 seats away from him.

He's clearly not the full ticket, but he must have shouted it out every 20 seconds!? Proof of his mental state was confirmed when Cooper came out of the dugout in the second half, to be met with "SIT DOWN COOPER!".

I kind of clicked he wasn't the full ticket when the surrounding people mocking him made absolutely no difference.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, October 11, 2013, 15:59:31 »

There are a couple of these that sit in the DR stand that keep shouting for the ball to be pumped forward and cries of 'get it up there' Tans knows who I mean
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: