Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bristol City Official Matchday Thread  (Read 45878 times)
Dozno9

« Reply #225 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 18:48:37 »

This. It was a fucking great tackle

Good old derby tackle, nowt wrong with it. Ranger then had exactly the same thing happen to him 2 mins later in their box and result, corner.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 18:51:06 »

Nile Ranger put Ryan Wood (our 15yr old sub) in a jokey headlock in the changing rooms and frightened him to death.
Probably worried he was going to rape him.

Impressed with Flint applauding all sides of the ground after the game today, showed a bit of class that.

Ref had a mare, agree with Batch's comments about Wes and Hall, and whoever said whatever it was about Ward looking a bit shakey, BUT with quite a few key players missing we went into a physical derby and took the fight all the way. After that and holding on with 10 men for 40 mins at Franchise away, think we can put the worries about "they can play but have they got the strength/fight/balls for League 1" to bed, surely?

Loved it last week, loved it today, two very different games and styles of performance but thoroughly enjoying this season so far.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 18:53:36 »

I don't buy into the whole biased ref thing, but fuck me the one today had me seriously revising my position. Did he come from Oxford?

It's All Good..............
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 18:54:42 »

I don't buy into the whole biased ref thing, but fuck me the one today had me seriously revising my position. Did he come from Oxford?
Flint's Uncle. Or at least his Mum told him it was his "uncle" Smiley
corner

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 19:14:56 »

Flint's Uncle. Or at least his Mum told him it was his "uncle" Smiley
From Manchester, he's a premier league ref you know,  Eek
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 19:30:29 »

Enjoyable day today. Great derby game played with a good spirit and delighted we got one over the shitheads! Cant really add much more to whats been said, but I've got to say some of City's players were very impressive. Emmanuel-Thomas was a constant threat and took his goal superbly and Nicky Shorey showed a lot of class on the ball. Flint played quite well I thought, had a good battle with Ranger (who I also thought was excellent today) and showed a bit of class to give us a clap at the end.

Thoroughly enjoyable game though, particularly enjoyed listening to some stories about Town in the 80's from what I believe is a fellow forum user in Sir Dans before the game!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 19:31:30 »

Might as well have. He gave Ranger nothing all game despite having his shirt pulled all game, et we have a goal disallowed for said offence, and how did Cunningham not escape a red after punching Nate T in the TownEnd corner.

Saying that what was the lino doing?

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 19:37:13 »

The big positive today (aside from the result obviously) was certainly our capability to utilise a more direct style of play, AKA we now have the much fretted over Plan B for when the passing game isn't working. Ranger and N'Guessan were both outstanding in that respect (imagine Andy Williams in that game Oh My), and for the extra dimension he offers and his interplay with Ranger I'd have N'Guessan over Byrne as first choice on the right wing any day (he also has a thunderbolt of a shot).

Midfield was mostly bypassed, with the City players pushed high up the pitch, but I thought L. Thompson did extremely well alongside the slightly off colour Kasim and the okayish Luongo.

As for defence, Hall remains, despite the torpidity of Ward, the biggest concern for me. He seems to switch off totally at times (also my long-standing gripe with McEvely, who is otherwise a perfectly capable right back. On the subject of McEvely, why is it that he always seems to blame everyone else for his own mistakes? He's supposed to be one of the senior players and setting an example. At one point he was lying on the floor beating the ground like a petulant child throwing a tearful tantrum!)

Our disallowed goal was a beauty and didn't look like a foul from what I saw (certainly not by the standards already established in that game by the referee, in which a great deal of shirt pulling went unpunished), and L. Thompson getting booked for a perfectly good challenge was even more ridiculous.

Bristol City were a decent team (especially their no. 10: his control from one 60 yard pass was absolutely exquisite) and will probably feel they deserved something, but we finally had the footballing gods back on our side after that surreal game at Wolves.

Finally, classy from Aden Flint at the end to man up and face the home fans, and be the last City player to leave the pitch. It was a great battle between him and Ranger today and both will have a few scars in the morning (though Ranger will wake up with the 3 points  Smiley).

Roll on Chelsea.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 19:47:56 »

Good report, but no carling. for the schoolboy error on where Jmac plays Smiley
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 20:02:38 »

Oh Kasim ooaahh
Oh Kasim ooaahh
He flew in from Iraq
He plays it from the back.

fatbasher

« Reply #235 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 20:53:51 »

Not the walkover I was partially expecting so credit goes to the traders in the respect that they played better than Stevenage and Crewe (away for the pikies game) so I'd be surprised if they are at the bottom come the seasons end. Indeed I would expect another tough encounter at their hole.

Kudos to Flint at the end.

Not as big a crowd as I would have hoped for.

Really pleased with the performance especially for coming from behind twice. I felt that had the woodwork been kinder to us after we equalised at 1-1 we may well have torn them a new arsehole. Fods needs to get to grips other than that it would be harsh to criticise individuals.

Nice win overall. Roll on the sloane rangers selling paraffin  Wink.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 20:54:59 »

Very, very happy.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 20:56:36 »

Very, very happy.

How's the Mrs?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 21:06:25 »

How's the Mrs?

Not so.

We're away at the moment, I would have loved to have been there.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 21:19:18 »

Not so.

That's go to hear Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: