Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 37880 times)

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 10:18:22 »

I think he EXACTLY the type of player that Ranger will thrive against, he has no pace and will give away free kicks and penalties against a quick tricky striker if we keep the ball on the floor against him.
I agree. I see Flint in the same way. He was poor vs rovers the other week and his flaws as you point out were glaringly obvious.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 10:22:29 »

That was a great performance from us, just a shame we didn't get anything we deserved from the game...we played well, looked threatening and had a host of chances we should have scored from. The only alarming thing is us conceding 3 goals where we looked pretty open and all over the place, but with a new back 4 not even 10 games together I guess that's to be expected with a 'work in progress' team. That being said, on the attack we had Wolves all over the place as well and just a shame we couldn't put away a few of those other chances! An enjoyable day out, plenty of beers and now to look ahead to Shitty at home next week! C.O.Y.R!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 11:03:54 »

It seemed we lacked a finisher yesterday, someone just to poke the ball in the back of the net, in time Ranger, Ajose, N'Guessan and Storey may well be the finisher, but the build up play and control we had over Wolves yesterday really didn't get the result it deserved. If we put in the same effort against City, along with the likely barracking of Flint, it could be a fantastic day.

With Kasim, Luongo and Mason, I really don't think I would swap them for any other midfield combination in our league, they all have individual attributes that offer a solid and creative midfield, for me, Kasim has to be one of the best signings made by us in the last 5 years. I appreciate that won't be everyone's opinion, but what a footballer. I sense January will go a long way in showing what aspirations this board have for the club, as the vultures will be circling.

Just at the lights before the slip road to the M5 on the way home some chap pulled up along side us and started waving frantically, I wondered if we had a brake light out or something, but after a few seconds I realised it was our very own Jed McRory, probably noticing our noble red shirts, giving us the thumbs up. Nice number plate Jed Smiley Roooooaaaaaarrrrrrr
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 11:50:48 »

http://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/showthread.php?22782-Wolves-3-Swindon-2-Verdict-Thread/page4

A view from Wolves.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 11:56:05 »

I think someone posted that earlier in the thread or I saw it on Twitter but I can't remember a time when an opposition's fanbase (and manager!) has been so unanimous in their praise for us. I guess we're doing something right after being universally despised for the past couple of years...

Highlights are on Wolves' youtube page if anyone hasn't seen 'em:

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 12:00:15 »

Nice set of highlights... what the hell was Ward doing for their second? Completely switched off (again). Love Prichard's celebration after our first aimed at the Wolves fans.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 12:01:22 »

Ward had a bit of a mare yesterday to be honest.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 12:02:02 »

Nice set of highlights... what the hell was Ward doing for their second? Completely switched off (again). Love Prichard's celebration after our first aimed at the Wolves fans.
Hall shouldn't have that much time and space to put the cross in either
china red

« Reply #203 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 12:09:18 »

Two brilliant goals by town, Mason really should have scored three.

Back the start of October, really excited about seeing this team play, shame half our team will go back to Spurs in the summer.
DRS

« Reply #204 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 12:15:41 »

Fuck it I am going to say it.

Hall seems to get a fair bit of stick at the moment but I am far more disappointed with Ward and Foderingham so far this season.

My main worry with the ward situation was that his legs are gone if we are being honest

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 12:22:46 »

I was just about to ask if it was me or was Wes a bit dodgy this season so far. Looks to be lacking in communication with the back 4 at times.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 12:28:54 »

Foderingham fucked up for their first. The second was a collective defensive fuck up and they all should have done better. The third was a lovely pass by Sigurdarson and nice finish by Irishblokey.

Obviously I've only seen highlights and two games but we don't look terribly great at the back and it doesn't help that Thompson and McEveley play so high up the pitch.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 12:36:56 »

We've only conceded 9 goals though. Only 9 teams have conceded fewer  Hmmm
corner

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 12:48:12 »

I was just about to ask if it was me or was Wes a bit dodgy this season so far. Looks to be lacking in communication with the back 4 at times.
It's to be expected without a goalkeeping coach!
chubbslovesbeer

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 12:50:45 »

It's to be expected without a goalkeeping coach!
Is that not digby or is he a warm up coach
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: