Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Torquay United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 39918 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 11:58:32 »

Football Gods...can we please have a repeat of R2 in 85/86, after we dispatched Torquay in R1?
I have short term memory problems these days - what happened then?

Can't imagine it was better than what happened after we despatched Torquay 45 years ago in Round 1
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #241 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 12:02:35 »

I have short term memory problems these days - what happened then?

Can't imagine it was better than what happened after we despatched Torquay 45 years ago in Round 1
We dispatched with Sunderland in the old 2 leg 2nd round match.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 12:03:30 »

Haven't seen anyone complaining about the pitch Wink

And Kasim reminded me of the good Jonathan Douglas.
When he is fully match fit he (along with Luongo) will be very important players for us this season.
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 12:11:02 »

The game was very positive, in terms of how we dominated in the second half, and in all fairness should have won by more than the 1 goal. However, it seemed to me that they passed the ball back to Wes a bit too much and some of the passes could have easily been intercepted by a Torquay player and they would have been through on goal. Also although I like the passing game and the look of the team, the players seem to have very little strength and almost have no pressence in the air (with the exception of Ward and Hall), which lead to Torquay winning possession from almost every goal kick that was taken long or any clearence made by either team.

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 12:15:49 »

Also noticed that Wes was looking to play it short at every opportunity. Clearly being coached that way. however sometimes he just needs to welly it.

But its work in progress, you cant get it right all the time, and certainly not within the space of 2 competitive games.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 12:51:18 »

We dispatched with Sunderland in the old 2 leg 2nd round match.
Hmmm... certianly wouldn't complain about a late Leon Clarke winner if we repeated that draw
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 12:53:32 »

Not a bad nights entertainment but it got a bit boring during the middle part of the match.

Im all for us trying to pass the ball but i cant help but feel we are going to get found out pretty quickly by other teams and there needs to be a plan B.

Struggled to know who all the new players were. Didnt agree with the MOTM choice thought Pritchard was average personally. Gave the ball away too much and got too predictable. Great burst by Storey he needs to play a more central role i think. Luongo is different gravy. Class act.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 13:01:05 »

The next person I hear shout "GET IT FUCKING FORWARD TOWN" after 10 minutes of composed possesion football is getting punched in the face. I knew it would be like that. So many of our fans are retarded.

The trouble is for years we havent had a team that played like last night
Only team I can compare that to was Hoddles - and there were a few ex spurs in that one too 

As others have posted the slow build up is ok of it goes somewhere - too many times last night it didnt and thats what frustrates ppl.
Astill it was only game 2 and can only get better imho
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 13:03:08 »

Not a bad nights entertainment but it got a bit boring during the middle part of the match.

Im all for us trying to pass the ball but i cant help but feel we are going to get found out pretty quickly by other teams and there needs to be a plan B.

Struggled to know who all the new players were. Didnt agree with the MOTM choice thought Pritchard was average personally. Gave the ball away too much and got too predictable. Great burst by Storey he needs to play a more central role i think. Luongo is different gravy. Class act.

You do know that MoM is picked by a bunch of piss heads on a corporate, most likely not even sure who's playing?  My mate, who was head honcho on one a while back told me who he'd picked before the match  Smiley in order to get a laugh from the mong's reaction.
Bert Heads head

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 13:06:37 »

Sam was impressed by the post match reports on the TEF: "Reading through the general TEF reaction to the game today has made me smile - thought through analysis and optimism. Makes a change."

I was impressed too. Thanks to everyone who posted a comment
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 13:07:15 »

Hmmm... certianly wouldn't complain about a late Leon Clarke winner if we repeated that draw

He'd be cup tied I suspect!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 13:17:08 »

He'd be cup tied I suspect!

Yup, missed a pen yesterday didn't he?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #252 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 13:38:13 »

The trouble is for years we havent had a team that played like last night
Only team I can compare that to was Hoddles - and there were a few ex spurs in that one too 

Wilson in his first year. The football was excellent. Its easy to forget given the absolute garbage served up subsequently.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 13:44:20 »

Wilson in his first year. The football was excellent. Its easy to forget given the absolute garbage served up subsequently.

This, even during the PDC reign, the football wasnt exactly free flowing master craft stuff. If after reading the positive comments about our intention to play the right way stays like this even during the heavy pitches in the winter, I would be pretty happy! Of course we want to be competitive, but to be entertained is also a good thing.

depends what you want from your football team i guess!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 14:05:31 »

Sam was impressed by the post match reports on the TEF: "Reading through the general TEF reaction to the game today has made me smile - thought through analysis and optimism. Makes a change."

I was impressed too. Thanks to everyone who posted a comment
I took it very personally as I was at work last night and couldn't post anything -Maybe its me that drags this forum down! :-(

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: