Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Torquay United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 40157 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 08:48:39 »

So who do we prefer out of Luongo,  Harley, Kasim and Mason?
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 08:50:04 »

12.30 Thursday I believe.

Ta.  And the secod round is where the non europe playing premier team come in?

So the biggest tie going would be .... Liverpool?
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 08:50:45 »

I think RWB Robin makes a fair point n incisiveness, which some may brand "mong", in that sometimes we do need to get the ball forward quicker. i.e. play in Williams when he makes the run rather than play it sideways. Its different from lumping it forward mind.

Early days, promising signs. Lets see where it takes us. Saturday is going to be interesting/tough.
Definitely do not mean to be mong-like. I like what i see.  It is simply that the longer we delay the shot or the cross, looking for the perfect moment, the longer they have to organise.....it can be counter-productive. The Pritchard to Storey pass which led to the goal is an example of incisiveness!
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 08:54:43 »

So who do we prefer out of Luongo,  Harley, Kasim and Mason?
Bit difficult to answer at the moment.  We have seen more of Luongo than the others, and he is definitely class.  Mason looked good last night. Harley I have yet to see, but I have been very impressed with Kasim.  Saw the Birmingham game, and whilst thzt was no great test, we saw flashes of brilliance....quite unexpected. And last night he was MoM in my view as well as lots of others. He is, at least, the surprise package so far!
Panda Paws

« Reply #214 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 08:56:01 »

So who do we prefer out of Luongo,  Harley, Kasim and Mason?

Genuinely not sure how I'd go on Saturday. Kasim was awesome last night but still lacking fitness so if all fit I'd go with HArley and Luongo, with Mason ahead if all fit but decent competition in CM.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 08:59:32 »

As I pack my case I thought I would give my penneth.

We started brightly and a lucky bounce gave our black winger (still learning the names) a chance to let one fly but he passed instead.

In all I was impressed with the first two thirds of play and the lads haven't even gelled yet.

It faded a bit and Torquay got stronger as we put ten passes together and then gave the ball away cheaply.

Second half was an improvement.

What is obvious is that we need a proven lower league target man. Williams is not the man...no point moaning about it....he cannot play the loan front man...end of.
Unless we get one I can see us struggling to score goals and because of our play I can see us being hit on the break and going down 1 or 2 zip in a few games.
Williams ran his bollocks off but as usual is a cry baby to the ref who then ignored the blatant fouls on him......D'Arso is always entertaining and I enjoyed Williams being picked up and thrown to the ground and the guy who upended Pritchard for the pen not even being spoken to.....hope the prick gives up soon.

Overall I'm far more impressed than I thought I was going to be......I think we have enough in the tank to hit mid table.

I want a manager with proven success at this level but methinks Cooper has got the job and last nights win compounds this thought.  

Big test will be Saturday....let's see how we get on against the lunkers....I will be in Corfu which is a shame because after last night I got a bit more of a buzz in my bones!

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 09:12:37 »

Definitely do not mean to be mong-like. I like what i see.  It is simply that the longer we delay the shot or the cross, looking for the perfect moment, the longer they have to organise.....it can be counter-productive. The Pritchard to Storey pass which led to the goal is an example of incisiveness!

It took us approx 50 mins to get a shot on target...obviously this is a work in progress, and tbf Cooper realsied this and made some adjustments...but the average English football fan does want to see a few oohs and aahs.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 09:24:01 »

It took us approx 50 mins to get a shot on target...obviously this is a work in progress, and tbf Cooper realsied this and made some adjustments...but the average English football fan does want to see a few oohs and aahs.

D'Urso tried his best Reg and certainly got a few  'Aaaaah for fucks sake!' out of me!

Clems Army!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 09:26:04 »

Those who claimed the pitch would be ruined are also a bit quiet now!  It looked ok to me.

Other than the missing seats in the Bank, you wouldn't even guess there'd been anything there.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 09:28:30 »

A quick read on the Torquay forum this morning I found this little ill educated gem.
So it appears that both Tijane and Storey are Spurs players  Roll Eyes

More importantly, he's £5million good!

I think credit needs to be given to Cooper for making those two changes. Sure, one was forced in Mason's injury but he could've easily given Tijane 15 minutes.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 09:33:44 by Benzel » Logged

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 09:31:19 »

Thanks to everyone who filed a match report, by the way.  Lots to read through and digest this morning.  Appreciate it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 09:32:49 »

D'Urso tried his best Reg and certainly got a few  'Aaaaah for fucks sake!' out of me!

Not "Cor Phew !"?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #222 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 09:35:20 »

Ta.  And the secod round is where the non europe playing premier team come in?

So the biggest tie going would be .... Liverpool?
Full list of teams in the draw tomorrow.

Aston Villa
Everton
Fulham
Liverpool
Newcastle
Norwich City
Southampton
Stoke City
Sunderland
West Brom
West Ham
-----------------
Barnsley
Birmingham
Bolton
Bournemouth
Burnley
Charlton
Derby
Doncaster
Huddersfield
Leicester
Millwall
Nottingham Forest
QPR
Watford
Yeovil
-----------------
Brentford
Bristol City
Bury
Leyton Orient
Franchise
Peterborough
Preston
Rotherham
Stevenage
Swindon
Tranmere
Walsall
-----------------
Accrington
Burton Albion
Cheltenham
Morecambe
Newport County

Plus tonights games.

Carlisle/Blackburn
Leeds/Chesterfield
Notts County/Fleetwood

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #223 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 09:36:37 »

Thanks to everyone who filed a match report, by the way.  Lots to read through and digest this morning.  Appreciate it.
Ditto.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 09:42:31 »

Is the draw seeded? i.e we should get a Championship or Premiership side?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: