Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peterborough United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 49893 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2013, 08:02:50 »

But he doesn't fit with the new philosophy which is not to pay players vastly inflated wages.

It is interesting (and this is not aimed at the quoted post) that in many peoples eyes Benson seems to have become some sort of striking messiah who will solve all our problems on his own. He was great in Division 4 for us but even by the end of that season it was obvious that he couldn't last a full 90 minutes even at that level (anyone remember Morecambe) and Paolo recognised this and moved on which people kind of accepted.

Now however possibly as a stick to hit Cooper and Jedders with its disgraceful that we don't play him even though he is a year older than he was. As some have said it possibly is financial reasons or simply that they think he is not good enough or past it, interestingly much like Ferry there doesn't seem to be a stampede to take him off our hands.

Quality player in division 4 and good luck to the guy, but lets not get too carried away.
That is absolutely fair enough. That's not how Jed means it though. He would have us believe that Benson is not in the squad for football reasons. If he would come out and say something along the lines of what McFly said, people would say "Oooh, Jed's telling it like it is - and I agree - fair play!". Instead, he comes out with the "doesn't fit our football philosophy" bollocks and I think people see him as a bit of an idiot* who's trying to pull the wool over peoples' eyes.

*I don't think Jed's a an idiot, he just doesn't really know how to handle the media.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2013, 08:10:36 »

Never underestimate the long established football theory that a player out of the team is exponentially better than his counterpart in the team.
Flashheart

« Reply #332 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2013, 08:11:36 »

I'm encouraged that people are whinging about Jed's reason for players being frozen out. If that's all they can find to complain about then the phone in must have gone reasonably well.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2013, 08:23:34 »

Never underestimate the long established football theory that a player out of the team is exponentially better than his counterpart in the team.

For some reason Brick Top came into my head when I read this...

Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2013, 11:16:22 »

I'm encouraged that people are whinging about Jed's reason for players being frozen out. If that's all they can find to complain about then the phone in must have gone reasonably well.
Not whinging at all BR. Just making the point that if Jed would just come out with the actual reason why Benson is being frozen out (i.e. financial reasons) rather than a load of old twaddle (i.e. football reasons), then his standing with a fair few Town fans would probably rise somewhat.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2013, 11:18:25 »

Jed did allude to other legal ongoings during the phone-in last week so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Benson is suing us as well, hence the bullshit reason.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2013, 11:55:28 »

"We can play Benson because we can't afford too."

I KNEW IT. THIS BOARD ARE BROKE. BUNCH OF FUCKING CHANCERS.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2013, 12:02:22 »

"We can play Benson because we can't afford too."

I KNEW IT. THIS BOARD ARE BROKE. BUNCH OF FUCKING CHANCERS.

True (sadly).
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2013, 12:12:39 »

By "can" I meant "can't" Embarrassed

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2013, 12:13:32 »

Jed did allude to other legal ongoings during the phone-in last week so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Benson is suing us as well, hence the bullshit reason.
I heard a rumour last night that Rooney is suing for the balance of his contract, ie taking his wages at Oldham (approx £1,000 pw) out of what he would have earned at Swindon, also a former "consultant" is claiming he had a two year consultancy agreement which we have cancelled and wants to sue us for the balance.  Bullshit, possibly, but no smoke without fire!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2013, 12:13:50 »

By "can" I meant "can't" Embarrassed

You mean 'carn't' with the 'r' as in MacEverley.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
kerry red

« Reply #341 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2013, 12:29:45 »

If people think Benson is the answer to our perceived scoring woes we are, indeed, in deep shit.

The practice of 'freezing' players out is hardly a new one - Wolves and QPR are just 2 other clubs which are doing the exact same thing at the moment.

I'd be more worried about the rumour that there may be a deal featuring Caddis and Marlon King from Birmingham
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2013, 12:39:28 »

If people think Benson is the answer to our perceived scoring woes we are, indeed, in deep shit.

The practice of 'freezing' players out is hardly a new one - Wolves and QPR are just 2 other clubs which are doing the exact same thing at the moment.

I'd be more worried about the rumour that there may be a deal featuring Caddis and Marlon King from Birmingham
Couldn't see that one happening, he must be on very decent money and the reason Brum want shot is the cost of his wages.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2013, 12:44:11 »

Haha! I was watching SSN this morning and saw that MK was close to agreeing a release and thought about the Caddis and MK potential for a swap deal but immediately dismissed it as a non starter.

Is this ACTUALLY a rumour now?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2013, 12:46:09 »

We'd be even more hated.

Sign him up
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: