Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The season ahead  (Read 25678 times)
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 18:04:26 »

Guess tonights line up is the plan for Sat as well given Byrne suspension

Town side to face Cirencester -Foderingham, Thompson N, Ward, Hall, Smith; Luongo, Mason, Harley, Reis, Williams, Pritchard

Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 18:24:32 »

I'd be far more confident if we kept Collins, or had an out and out striker. A 4-3-3 system with Williams as the focal point of it will be interesting.

By interesting, I presume you mean disastrous. One can only hope that one of the Spurs midfielders might have a bit of class/composure in front of goal and could be converted into a striker if Williams continues where he left off...

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 20:29:54 »

My lack of knowledge of what they can achieve makes me confident we are going up.....

Do you think the above sentence make any sense?

Apologies if my sentence did not make any sense to you, Flash.

What I mean is that I'm not confident about the season because I've no idea how good or bad a lot of our players are, especially when it comes to competitive league football. In previous years I've had a reasonable idea of what our first team players are like, either from seeing them play for Town, or if new signings, having seen them play for other teams.

Of tonight's starting XI, I've only got knowledge of Wes, Nathan, Ward, Luongo (a few games only) and Williams. If the others turn out to be as good as these, then great, the season could be ok, especially if the manager is competent.

Hope that clarifies things for you.

I'm looking forward to the season, honest.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 08:49:01 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23407072

Think Shaun Hodgetts has summed it up quite nicely.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 10:49:58 »

"Brentford played some pretty football last year but they need to add a little steel to performances to compete and improve on third place."

Loved this about Brentford
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 19:11:09 »

Has anyone heard when squad numbers are being released for the coming season.  I thought they were usually communicated a good 2-3 weeks before kick-off but have heard nothing this year.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 22:00:40 »

We're waiting for Spurs to announce their numbers and we'll just fill in the gaps.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 15:57:48 »

I really think that the fans can forget everything  thats gone on latley and start afresh on saturday get behind the team get behind the board and push this team on. A young squad will need encouragement not punishment, theres no doubt this squad has talent lets hope they all click and kick off with afew wins. COYR  im getting excited
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 20:44:29 »

I really think that the fans can forget everything  thats gone on latley and start afresh on saturday get behind the team get behind the board and push this team on. A young squad will need encouragement not punishment, theres no doubt this squad has talent lets hope they all click and kick off with afew wins. COYR  im getting excited

Agreed.  Whether or not we like how the club is being run, it isn't the fault of the players on the pitch.  Get behind them.  A resounding 4-0 at London Road and everything will feel a lot, lot better.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 12:35:19 »

Anyone know if the Queenstown club, behind burger king is still open? Was in there before the spurs game and the landlady said they were leaving and was unsure if the club would remain open. I've got a membership and aswell as cheap beer it's ideal for match day parking.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: