Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peterborough United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 50010 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #270 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 12:16:03 »

Madine on loan would be ideal.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 12:28:48 »

Judging by the highlights on STFCPlayer we had more chances and Peterborough got lucky with that punt up field. I think we'll see a few long range screamers from midfield this year as well.
The Great Stan

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 12:32:48 »

Well, let's hope we don't become the Wigan of League 1

Play good football but get relegated
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 12:38:08 »

Well, let's hope we don't become the Wigan of League 1

Play good football but get relegated
Fucking hell. One game into the new season.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 12:40:08 »

A still feel Billy Kee of Burton would be perfect

good player
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 12:40:31 »

But we're never going to score a goal Paul.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 12:40:40 »

Plenty of people predicted that before we even played a pre-season friendly.

My gut feeling is that we'll surprise a few teams, particularly in the first half of the season, combined with a decent little cup run. I'd settle for that given the clusterfuck that has engulfed every aspect of 2013 so far.
The Great Stan

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 12:42:14 »

Everyone seems to be creaming themselves because we lost a game and didn't get slaughtered.

And I can't see where Jed is coming from saying we should expect a few 4-3s this season - unless he splashes the cash on a striker
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 12:44:56 »

Everyone seems to be creaming themselves because we lost a game and didn't get slaughtered.

Who? I think maybe some people are just having a sense of perspective and maybe waiting at least a few games before making judgement. Did you expect a 4-0 win then?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 12:56:46 »

And I can't see where Jed is coming from saying we should expect a few 4-3s this season - unless he splashes the cash on a striker

Congratulations on a fantastic ability to take a bunch of well thought out and reasonable posts massively out of context.

We played a good, passing game against a side favourites to be up there, on their own turf. Yeah we lost, but we didn't deserve to lose and considering all the shit that's gone on and the fact that everyone seems to think we'll be shit, it's quite exciting to see a team of youngsters perform so well.

The only thing we need to do now is maintain that level consistently.... And sign a new striker who will fit into the team.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 13:25:05 »

Congratulations on a fantastic ability to take a bunch of well thought out and reasonable posts massively out of context.

We played a good, passing game against a side favourites to be up there, on their own turf. Yeah we lost, but we didn't deserve to lose and considering all the shit that's gone on and the fact that everyone seems to think we'll be shit, it's quite exciting to see a team of youngsters perform so well.

The only thing we need to do now is maintain that level consistently.... And sign a new striker who will fit into the team.

Well said Tails

Not having been there I dont wish to make cast iron observations, but my take on the radio commentary seems to be on a par with your own views
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 13:29:14 »

I remember an opening day defeat at home to Sheffield Wednesday.
Yeah, we lost but I think we all knew we were in for a good season that year.

Sounds like the performance was positive even if the result wasn't.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 13:33:17 »

I have felt our preparation for the new season was worth a 10 point deduction in itself.

A manager walk out, an unexplained Tottenham link, a caretaker manager who didn't really show any positive interest in the vacant post himself, disaffected senior pros we cannot or will not play, a bunch of kids led by a skipper approaching 40 and a line up lacking anyone able to play the lone striker role.

I didn't go but it seems "Lee's Babes" have given us reason to be cheerful in that they have put in a good performance at a decent club at this level in their very first outing.  I kept my 0-4 prediction to myself so, yes, I am quite cheered.

Whether this promise is something that can be built on does of course remain to be seen and entails more Boardroom debate - or, in a little while, all will indeed become clearer.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 13:33:42 »

I remember an opening day defeat at home to Sheffield Wednesday.
Yeah, we lost but I think we all knew we were in for a good season that year.

Sounds like the performance was positive even if the result wasn't.
Except for the bloke in the Town End who threw his season ticket on the pitch after Kuqi scored their third
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 13:34:39 »

Heh Heh heh... i remember that. I also think I remember Lloyd Owusu being a world-beater that day. Annoyingly.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: