Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: If we get to Wembley  (Read 23324 times)
fatbasher

« Reply #60 on: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 20:21:42 »

I don't think there will be the time between Monday's final whistle and the final to administer the ticket sales from SN1 without there being an almighty free for all.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 20:28:35 »

I don't think there will be the time between Monday's final whistle and the final to administer the ticket sales from SN1 without there being an almighty free for all.
There's a 12 day gap between both...
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 20:32:08 »

We wouldn't sell out so they might as well do pay on the gate  Wink

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 21:25:26 »

I will be there if we reach the final. Any "normal" fan would irrespective of "New" Wembley being soulless and the thought of losing etc. Affording the day though is a different matter and can understand the excessive cost putting some off.
Thank you for confirming what I had suspected for some time Duke i.e. I am completely abnormal Cool

I'm with Christy....its what makes us 'real' fans....
This is interesting - on the one hand people (not just Flash) make the above comment and that's fair enough. On the other hand though, people rip the 'happy clappers/plastics' because they only go when we're playing at Wembley. So it seems to me that going to Wembley is hardly the bench mark for what makes a 'real' fan.

Not having a go our 'owt, just an observation really.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 21:53:52 »

They are two different things though:

1. Fans who go week in and week out but don't want to go to Wembley (through reasons other than cost/not in country).

2. 'Fans' that only go to Wembley but can't be arsed with the bread and better matches.

I don't have a problem with 2, the more the merrier. Can't get my head around 1, but each to their own.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 21:56:25 »

I am definitely number two. On the other hand I have been to loads of matches over the last 24 years, I just haven't been for the last 2.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 22:06:37 »

Well I'm definitely coming over if we get there. Also likely to be an STFC debut for one, or possibly two, small boys (and I'm not talking about the team selection). COYR.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 22:12:46 »

Of course I'd go again, and I know I'd enjoy it right up to kick-off! My mate said he wouldn't go again but I know he'll be there if we make it.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 22:18:35 »

They are two different things though:

1. Fans who go week in and week out but don't want to go to Wembley (through reasons other than cost/not in country).

2. 'Fans' that only go to Wembley but can't be arsed with the bread and better matches.

I don't have a problem with 2, the more the merrier. Can't get my head around 1, but each to their own.

This.  Why would you follow the club through every up and down over the season and choose to miss out on what could be an unforgettable memory?

The last two Wembley visits were painful and if I'm completely honest I'd rather we lose in the semi finals than go through the distress of another expensive Wembley defeat.  If we do beat Brentford though I'll be there hoping that it ends the same way as my first two visits to Wembley did in 1990 and 1993!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 06:30:21 »

We previously went something like 17 years without a 'showcase' final, if that happens again then I'll be 46 next time we go.

If we manage to get past Brentford, I shall be in attendance.
kerry red

« Reply #70 on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 06:33:51 »

Using that stat I'll be dead - so I'm going!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 08:55:26 »

I can't not go. The thought of not being there should we win is unfathomable.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 09:05:26 »

We previously went something like 17 years without a 'showcase' final, if that happens again then I'll be 46 next time we go.

If we manage to get past Brentford, I shall be in attendance.

How old do you have to be to get concessions?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: