Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: If we get to Wembley  (Read 23313 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 09:36:32 »

The worry of having to go to Wembley again is far outweighed by the worry of not getting there in the first place.

Brentford are good. Brentford are beatable. Let's fucking do it.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 09:40:04 »

Its my team in a play-off final, 1 game away from being promoted to the Championship.

I'll be going.
Can you pick me up on the way in your private jet?

I didn't get tickets for the JPT final last season but ended up deciding to go about a day or so before. I wish I hadn't.

I'll probably go if I can find some reasonably priced flights.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 09:46:00 »

I'll be there (if we make it), about time we won there! Lets fuckingggg have it!!!!! C.O.Y.R!!!

#VivaKenBarlow!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 09:47:21 »

It's the day before my last ever uni exam (barring retakes!), so I shouldn't really go. Luckily, I might not have that decision to make!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 09:47:26 »

The worry of having to go to Wembley again is far outweighed by the worry of not getting there in the first place.

Brentford are good. Brentford are beatable. Let's fucking do it.
Can't argue with any of that mate, spot on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 09:53:30 »

I'll go if we get there. Mind you, I've done that twice at the new wembley and we've lost twice...

Let's stuff these West Londoners first though. Fucking underdogs my bloody arse. We were in League 2 last year!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 10:10:34 »

Can you pick me up on the way in your private jet?

I didn't get tickets for the JPT final last season but ended up deciding to go about a day or so before. I wish I hadn't.

I'll probably go if I can find some reasonably priced flights.

Actually a woman I work with has a plane (its not a jet, some small thing that they use to go on their jollies) which would be handy!

As Lux-London is a big business route you can actually get return flights for around 100 Euro return. I had booked flights for that weekend before I even knew it was play-off final weekend. Bank holiday in Lux on the Monday as well so handy if we win! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 10:19:14 »

Don't particularly want to as I don't like Wembley, but couldn't bear not being there if we did go up having seen us lose twice already.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 10:22:37 »

Actually a woman I work with has a plane (its not a jet, some small thing that they use to go on their jollies) which would be handy!

As Lux-London is a big business route you can actually get return flights for around 100 Euro return. I had booked flights for that weekend before I even knew it was play-off final weekend. Bank holiday in Lux on the Monday as well so handy if we win! Smiley
Flying with whom? I've just had a quick look and can't find return flights for less than about £250, forgot that it's public holiday that weekend so Norwegians will all be flocking abroad
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 10:49:38 »

I'll go out of some sense of duty i feel, i wont particulary look forward to it though.

I couldnt forgive myself if we won and i missed it
This nails it for me.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 10:49:43 »

cant really be arsed but would probably guilt myself into it

this
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 10:52:11 »

Flying with whom? I've just had a quick look and can't find return flights for less than about £250, forgot that it's public holiday that weekend so Norwegians will all be flocking abroad

Cityjet to London City. My options are Cityjet, BA, Luxair or Easyjet. I never used to use Luxair as they are extortionate but since Easyjet have chosen to introduce flights to Luxembourg, they have become a bit cheaper.

You do have to book quite a bit in advance for the 100 Euro flights, the prices tend to go up around 2 months prior so you have to be quite organised!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 11:03:14 »

On reflection (though I was annoyed by the manner of our collapse Saturday) I'm quite pleased we're playing Brentford, who I think are the best team left in the play-offs, rather than Yeovil, who are the team I'd most fancy us to beat over two legs.

Better to play the hardest team now, and test whether we're actually good enough to beat them, than delay playing them until the final, and find out we're not up to scratch.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 11:11:18 »

On reflection (though I was annoyed by the manner of our collapse Saturday) I'm quite pleased we're playing Brentford, who I think are the best team left in the play-offs, rather than Yeovil, who are the team I'd most fancy us to beat over two legs.

Better to play the hardest team now, and test whether we're actually good enough to beat them, than delay playing them until the final, and find out we're not up to scratch.
Problem with us is that we may possibly beat Brentford (best team in play offs) and then lose to either Sheff Utd or Yeovil in the final
kerry red

« Reply #44 on: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 11:31:00 »

Understandable as it would be your first time there, its hardly a surprise that the 2 previous visits have drained excitment levels somewhat about the prospect of visiting the place.

First time at the new Wembley - but been 3 times before (League Cup Final 69, + Sunderland and Leicester)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: