Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town F.C v Stevenage F.C Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22749 times)
Peter Venkman
Is totally unexceptional

Perfection is not attainable

« Reply #165 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 12:26:38 »

Walsall fans not taking to kindly to us beating them to the last play off place Cheesy sour fucking grapes!

http://upthesaddlers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42540

Well, we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowin'
But we can't say what we've seen
And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 12:27:10 »

I'm glad the season's nearly over though, because I've had just about enough of the FL Show heaping praise on Bournemouth week after week after week. "OH ISN'T IT AMAZING WHAT HOWE'S DONE? OH ISN'T IT A FAIRYTALE? THEY'VE COME SO FAR!" blah blah blah blah blah. Fucking love-in.

Never mind the fact we were in League 2 last season, have had owners and managers jump ship halfway through the season, our best player sold out from under us for a pittance, massive injury problems meaning we have to field 3/4 youth players every week, and yet we're still in the fucking playoffs.

Not that I'm trying to make our season a sob story, but it's a hell of a lot better than Bournemouth's 'throw money around buying every lower-league player with a hint of promise, ship out manager if his results aren't right' tale of this season.
Imagine how other fans must have felt with the PDC love in every week! Much more attention and praise than Howe and Bournemouth have got.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 12:29:37 »

Imagine how other fans must have felt with the PDC love in every week! Much more attention and praise than Howe and Bournemouth have got.

... I don't really remember there being much PDC love on The FL Show.. He'd get the odd mention, generally regarding his 'passion', but very little about the club/players.
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 12:35:21 »

I was sure the mong element of our fanbase would spark a mini pitch invasion.

Pleasantly surprised I was wrong

I would class the mong element as those that think a 'mini pitch invasion' is something serious
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 12:40:19 »

Walsall fans not taking to kindly to us beating them to the last play off place Cheesy sour fucking grapes!

http://upthesaddlers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42540
It appears they know more about what is going on at STFC than we do.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 12:41:38 »

We all know more about what's going on at Bournemouth than they do so that's hardly a surprise.

I don't really understand why we get annoyed about what other clubs forums think of us, football is tribal as anything and god forbid any of us ever say something ill informed about another team (but not Burnley, Burnley can fuck off).
Peter Venkman
Is totally unexceptional

« Reply #171 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 13:25:03 »

I don't really understand why we get annoyed about what other clubs forums think of us, football is tribal as anything and god forbid any of us ever say something ill informed about another team (but not Burnley, Burnley can fuck off).

It never annoys me I find it really funny. And yes we do exactly the same it is the nature of the beast.

And we know what we want
kerry red

« Reply #172 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 13:55:15 »

Walsall?

Since when did anyone give a flying fuck about them?
Peter Venkman
Is totally unexceptional

« Reply #173 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 14:30:12 »

Walsall?

Since when did anyone give a flying fuck about them?
They gave a fuck about us yesterday because if we didn't win they they could still get into the play offs.

And we know what we want
REDBUCK

« Reply #174 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 14:31:46 »

[/quote]
Quality nutmeg from Luke Rooney near the end - think he can be very effective in the later stages when the game

Rubbish final ball in though which is the more important thing
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 14:33:09 »

Yep, didn't look up for the 3 players who'd all pulled back to the 6 yard line and instead hammered it right across the face, could argue that someone should've been gambling but you've gotta get your head up there.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 22:44:52 »

Haven't had a chance to comment on yesterday, but a good win, good performance and back to back home wins! If we can win again next week we'll have some momentum behind us going into the play offs, and that can't be a bad thing  Cheesy C.O.Y.R!!!

#VivaKenBarlow!
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 22:48:17 »

Disappointing if I'm honest. If KMac can win by that the PDC would have won by a mile more. That's why he has to go.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Monday, April 22, 2013, 10:32:22 »

Just back.

After the Stevenage red card there was only 1 winner and the question was by how. Stevenage were there for the taking and a little disappointed we only scored 3.

I thought Macca was man of the match, he played like a man posessed. Like the look of Luongo as well. I thought Robers was ok as well and took his goal well. The one player that worried me was Collins. He was only on for 15 minutes or so and couldn't do anything at all right. His decision making was pathetic. Although that said, he nearly bent one into the bottom corner (although I think he should have passed). Connor Waldon looked like a waif up against his marker but did ok considering.

Not expecting anything at all from the play-offs so if we do get to Wembley, it will be a nice bonus!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Monday, April 22, 2013, 10:59:16 »

Just back.

After the Stevenage red card there was only 1 winner and the question was by how. Stevenage were there for the taking and a little disappointed we only scored 3.

I thought Macca was man of the match, he played like a man posessed. Like the look of Luongo as well. I thought Robers was ok as well and took his goal well. The one player that worried me was Collins. He was only on for 15 minutes or so and couldn't do anything at all right. His decision making was pathetic. Although that said, he nearly bent one into the bottom corner (although I think he should have passed). Connor Waldon looked like a waif up against his marker but did ok considering.

Not expecting anything at all from the play-offs so if we do get to Wembley, it will be a nice bonus!

Collins is a strange one...scored 17 this year but if he gets the ammo and confidence could become a 25 a season man.
I agree to a degree about Alan Mac.....though his temprement is suspect and that will be found out big time against better more clever players....probably the reason he isn't at a higher level because he is quality.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: