Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town F.C v Stevenage F.C Official Matchday Thread  (Read 21721 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 23:00:44 »

The opponent:  Stevenage FC

If I remember rightly, the reverse fixture against today’s opponents was one of the very 1st matchday threads I had a go at, and we stuffed them, or tore them a new one, which seems to be how today’s younger than me generation tend to say. Granted, it pretty much went downhill from that point, then up, then down, then up and so on. So is this to be the last home matchday thread of the season? I hope not and I really do believe it won’t be. I do have to wonder why some of the negative lizards close by to me on Tuesday night bother to turn up anymore. The first mis-placed pass and the arms are folded, if we miss what they consider to be a sitter its usually Alan McCormack’s fault, when it went to 3-1 against Crewe they seriously believed that we would throw it all away, they believed it so much it was like they actually wanted it to happen, just so they could turn round and say “told you so”. You must know who you are you miserable fuckers, I hope the pre match beer you often have too many of, contains the piss of a thousand fleas.

The club formerly known as Stevenage Borough turn up at The County Ground this afternoon, managed once again for the 3rd time in his managerial career by Graham Westley, possibly the nearest thing we have had this season to Steve Evans. Westley’s managerial career began when he was just 28, due to a career ending injury, and his first 2 games in charge for the mighty Kingstonian both ended in 4-4 draws! The trouble is with characters such as Westley is a large chunk of what you read is likely to be fabricated, although he does often come across as an all round tool.

Local area guide knowhere.co.uk has compiled a list of reviews of Stevenage, from residents to visitors and outsiders in general. One of my favourites on the list have to be “Having had the pleasure of this wonderful half cocked half way house to London for the past four months I thought you wonderful yokel locals might appreciate my comments. When discussing my residence here with friends and relations in cultural hotspots such as Liverpool, Bristol et al - eg anywhere except here. My main comment is to note that this crap hole has about as much culture as a fully sterilised and irradiated petri dish. I mean - you are nothing more than a bunch of cockney rejects who cannot seem to be able to make Stevenage a home as opposed to a stop over point for London. You're sad and you know you are... Repeat ad nauseum”. Perhaps this guy could work for the Stevenage Tourist Information Board, if they have such a thing.

What are they saying about us? –

“I'm seeing some tweets suggesting people are "boycotting" Swindon, presumably because of their 'high' prices. A couple of quid more than ours. Now, obviously they're not actually "boycotting" as no one at Swindon will know or care. There'll be no petition or complaint, or action. People just not going because they don't value the experience at £25. Fair enough.
Anyway, this was the first I'd heard of an active boycott, so I was wondering if anyone on here is involved with the boycott?

Of course I'll be going (ceteris paribus).

I prefer it when there's less fans anyway, 200 would be nice. Plus more chance of nabbing some player kit Smiley

http://www.borochat.co.uk/forum.jsp?start=14847&article=222817

Stevenage Last 6 –  LLDWLD (Stevenage are currently 17th on 54 points)

The Threat – Top scorer for Stevenage this season is Lucas Akins with 10 goals in 46 games.

The irrelevant stats – After a fairly decent start to the season it would seems their form really did take a turn for the worse (and they turned to Westley?). Of the 22 away games that Stevenage have played this season they have won 8, drawn 4 and lost 10, scoring 21 and conceding 28 goals in the process.

Head to Head – Not a fixture that has came about that often down the years, especially with them having only being formed in 1976. In all competitions the record reads played 3, winning 2 of them, and the less said about the defeat the better.

The Odds – So how many of you actually took the 6/1 on Crewe a few nights back? Again it looks like big odds for the away team and regardless of our decent win on Tuesday we are hardly in a rich vein of home form at present. Swindon 4/9  Draw 7/2 Stevenage 8/1 (EIGHT).

The Son Says – At first I thought he was getting a grip of the meaning of football when he said “It doesn’t matter what the score is, we just have to win”. Which he shortly followed with “actually I think it will be 3-0”. Its been his first season as a Junior red season ticket holder, and he has loved every single minute of it.

The Prediction –  We will seal our play off place in style, thrashing them 4-0, saving me a stressful week of edging towards the panic button. Crowd of just 8’645, goals from Collins (2), Darren Ward and a late thunderbolt from Rafa De Vita ensuring our season will last a little longer just yet.

And Finally –  The first ever pedestrianised shopping centre in the UK was in, yes, you guessed it, Stevenage.

COYR COYR COYR
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 23:03:20 »

Breaking from tradition, we'll continue where we left off and win 3-0

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 23:03:35 »

By boycotting does that mean there'll be about 63 of them instead of the usual 121? Where is Stevenage?
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 23:07:04 »

We owe Westley a hammering after PNE away, so 4-1 Swindon to confirm a play off place...last home game of the (league) season...pitch invasion?  Hmmm 8306 there with 178 from Stevenage! Goals from anyone will do!

#VivaKenBarlow!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 23:08:01 »

5-0.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 00:01:17 »

Westley's a cunt, 4-1.
Spud

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 00:52:51 »

1-0.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 06:24:49 »

I've got a nasty feeling we'll draw today. Taking it to the last game would be the Swindon way.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 07:27:07 »

We will trash them, 2-1. Goals from Ward and Flint (90+1, 90+4)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 07:34:21 »

Will they read out the names of the fans who died this season today?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
woolster

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 07:50:28 »

Really looking forward to today as i'm on a corporate day out, 3 course meal tour of ground, meet players Pint Pint, the sun is out its going to be a good day, 3.1 place booked in the playoffs in front of 9400 COYR
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 08:06:10 »

A consecutive 4-1 win.
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 08:08:36 »

Just getting ready to leave & for the first time for months not searching for big coat gloves etc.

I'm hoping we secure a PO today so I can enjoy Scunny next week.  I'm going for 1-0 (Rooney A), and 10k as it's our last home game, and the suns out.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 08:26:39 »

Just fucking win please.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 08:30:41 »

2-0 Scoring one In either half.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: