Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town F.C v Stevenage F.C Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22744 times)
nochee

« Reply #150 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 23:59:10 »

Suppose it depends how you class "something similar"
I  Suppose it does  Doh
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 00:03:26 »

Glad that's cleared up then
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 01:00:20 »

I hate the fact our club seems to be the only one in the entire football league that seems to abide by the no pitch invasion rule. Used to be brilliant getting on the pitch after the last match of the season, great way to end the season.

We've got another home game!
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #153 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 02:29:20 »

Hope McDonald plays a very weak team next week full of youth players and rests out main players and prevents them from getting injured, hopefully Ferry will be back by then and maybe even Thompson and Storey might make it back?
Disagree, keep the momentum going.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #154 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 02:32:38 »

I was sure the mong element of our fanbase would spark a mini pitch invasion.

Pleasantly surprised I was wrong
What's wrong with an end of season pitch invasion?
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #155 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 02:34:14 »

11 pages, says it all really. Routine win. Bring on Yeovil and Doncaster, either way round.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 02:49:53 by Visočan » Logged
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 06:58:55 »

We've got another home game!

DV I was referring to previous years.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 08:23:55 »

Quality nutmeg from Luke Rooney near the end - think he can be very effective in the later stages when the game opens up.

Stevenage were a very physical team but Alan McCormack just kept breaking it up for them and constantly offered his own team mates options when we were on the ball.  To be critical, his touch was mixed but still easily the most influential player on the pitch and for me MOM.
Peter Venkman
Is totally unexceptional

Perfection is not attainable

« Reply #158 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 08:44:22 »

I don't think its a coincidence that our performances have sparked into life when Alan Mac plays in midfield.

The same position he played in at Yeovil when we previously won (before the last 2 home games) then was put back into defence and for a few games we struggled, he was put in midfield against Crewe and Stevenage and we start winning again.

Oh and didn't he also play midfield away at Coventry too for our previous win before being put back in defence afterwards?
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 08:46:12 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Well, we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowin'
But we can't say what we've seen
And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 08:48:07 »

I don't think its a coincidence that our performances have sparked into life when Alan Mac plays in midfield.

The same position he played in at Yeovil when we previously won (before the last 2 home games) then was put back into defence and for a few games we struggled, he was put in midfield against Crewe and Stevenage and we start winning again.

Oh and didn't he also play midfield away at Coventry too for our previous win before being put back in defence afterwards?
Indeed he did...
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 08:54:16 »

Well spotted, gents.

KMac out Wink
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 09:11:29 »

I was sure the mong element of our fanbase would spark a mini pitch invasion.

Pleasantly surprised I was wrong
It was just two total tossers I believe, not arrested, just ushered off by the stewards.  And talking of stewards the minute's applause at the start was well observed, even by the Stevenage fans - but obviously the majority of the stewards were under orders not to join in!!  Miserable bastards.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 09:58:42 »

Epic day and night.

Enjoyed texting the I.T. Bloke at MK HQ to ask if his season was over! Ha ha....fucking ha.

Don't care who we get as we will be underdogs whatever happens and that's just the way I like it...

Pissed up in County...met Chalkies Shorts when he picked up his signed shirt...enjoyed WAM and then off to Bassett to watch generation 77 (I think that's it) in the Curriers.....kebab and taxi back with Mildew......Excellent..

Thick head and the shits and I have squash in 20 minutes...

Clems Army!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 11:56:08 »

Macca is a different animal in midfield  - as opposed to full back.  He spent half the game totally winding up the opposition, including a certain Mr Lopez and he gave Comminges a right earbashing at one stage. Yes
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 12:09:06 »

Watched the Football League Show's coverage of the match- great to see Roberts score, and a cracking pair of nearly identical 'volleyed' (I think punted is more appropriate really...) goals from Flint. Typically the cameras missed the slapping incident.

I'm glad the season's nearly over though, because I've had just about enough of the FL Show heaping praise on Bournemouth week after week after week. "OH ISN'T IT AMAZING WHAT HOWE'S DONE? OH ISN'T IT A FAIRYTALE? THEY'VE COME SO FAR!" blah blah blah blah blah. Fucking love-in.

Never mind the fact we were in League 2 last season, have had owners and managers jump ship halfway through the season, our best player sold out from under us for a pittance, massive injury problems meaning we have to field 3/4 youth players every week, and yet we're still in the fucking playoffs.

Not that I'm trying to make our season a sob story, but it's a hell of a lot better than Bournemouth's 'throw money around buying every lower-league player with a hint of promise, ship out manager if his results aren't right' tale of this season.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: